PO Now: Foxing - Dealer (Oct 30th)

There's still a pressing of The Albatross available? I thought all were sold out. Might need to replace my gold blood copy because it has a ton of surface noise and loud notes make horrible popping noises on my system.

That's the press I have as well. Haven't spun it yet though. If it sounds that bad, I may have to order the new pressing as well. Not that I would mind double dipping, as the new press looks pretty: https://instagram.com/p/5sXXOKKO-B/

Stoked for this new album. Been jamming Albatross a lot lately.

That's the press I have as well. Haven't spun it yet though. If it sounds that bad, I may have to order the new pressing as well. Not that I would mind double dipping, as the new press looks pretty: https://instagram.com/p/5sXXOKKO-B/

Stoked for this new album. Been jamming Albatross a lot lately.

I think I just got a bad copy, since I've not heard anyone else complain.

I think I just got a bad copy, since I've not heard anyone else complain.

I also have the red and gold pressing and it's not amazing. Not awful, but there is a fair bit of noise.

Edit: Actually I just cleaned and spun it and it's pretty bad. If the latest pressing is a big step up I'm very inclined to partake.

I also have the red and gold pressing and it's not amazing. Not awful, but there is a fair bit of noise.

Edit: Actually I just cleaned and spun it and it's pretty bad. If the latest pressing is a big step up I'm very inclined to partake.

I might have to as well then, since I figured I'd just got a bad copy. Can anyone with the newest press confirm the sound?

Very excited for some new Foxing!!  Never had any problems with the original pressing of The Albatross, and didn't even realize there was a remastered version..... should probably pick that up at some point. 

blows the CYLS pressing out of the water, the mix is so much more dynamic. they really improved the record tenfold

The Albatross had no lasting power for me. Loved it at first, now it's almost like nails on a chalkboard.

I felt similar to this, but I still like the first track. Due to my lack of interest in the album, I have yet to listen to the remastered one, but will visit it soon in hopes it sparks some hype for their new album.

Wish I had read this thread before ordering that new blue in clear pressing. Oh well, I spent the extra $1.50ish to buy it from the band store rather than triple crown. I still need to support these dudes (at least in a small way) after what happened to them

I'm pretty sure that CIC pressing is the remastered version, if that's what you were worried about.

• 3 weeks later...