Fallout 3 vinyl box set

http://store.bethsoft.com/books-and-other-media/fallout-3-special-edition-vinyl-soundtrack.html

Now available for pre-order

$85 ltd. 2500

It looks like a nice release but people won't be running for it at that price or quantity. 2500 copies is almost a quarter of a million dollars. The whole 'limited' thing is an illusion to draw people in. They press too many and expect too much in return. There were periods when companies used to give away vinyl records as limited promotional items for video games for free. Presses at 2000, 2500 and 3000 labeled 'limited' doesn't cut it when aimed at a niche market.

I doubt they would have that many amount buying the same soundtracks digitally even for a fraction of the price.

It looks like a nice release but people won't be running for it at that price or quantity. 2500 copies is almost a quarter of a million dollars. The whole 'limited' thing is an illusion to draw people in. They press too many and expect too much in return. There were periods when companies used to give away vinyl records as limited promotional items for video games for free. Presses at 2000, 2500 and 3000 labeled 'limited' doesn't cut it when aimed at a niche market.

I doubt they would have that many amount buying the same soundtracks digitally even for a fraction of the price.

People would have been more into it if it was some selections from the score and some actual GNR tracks imo. Also cheaper too.

Gahhhh, gotta get that Uncharted.

Also, this was posted in the regular "OST" thread, but I felt like it should be here:

The "Everybody's Gone To The Rapture" soundtrack is coming to vinyl soon! I'm so excited for this!

http://modern-vinyl.com/2015/11/03/everybodys-gone-to-the-rapture-ost-coming-to-vinyl/

55 dollars. Now that's how you price a 3LP set. SPACELAB/BETHESDA LOOKING AT YOU

I agree that $55 is nice but the ~$15 shipping brings Uncharted to ~$70. Fallout was $85 shipped and also has a 7''. It also has the triple gatefold and SPECIAL book. Hard to draw a direct comparison since not many details were given for Uncharted, but I don't feel like Fallout was outrageous considering it is Fallout. 

I agree that $55 is nice but the ~$15 shipping brings Uncharted to ~$70. Fallout was $85 shipped and also has a 7''. It also has the triple gatefold and SPECIAL book. Hard to draw a direct comparison since not many details were given for Uncharted, but I don't feel like Fallout was outrageous considering it is Fallout. 

Maybe for you. Fallout 3 was $118 shipped for me. Uncharted would cost me $71 shipped. Nearly $50 less.

My point is just that a product's value shouldn't be linked to how much it costs to ship. The Uncharted set costs $15 to ship because it likely costs $15 to ship. Bethesda can probably charge a lot less for shipping because their operation is a hell of a lot bigger. Either way, they're still overcharging for that Fallout set IMO.

My point is just that a product's value shouldn't be linked to how much it costs to ship. The Uncharted set costs $15 to ship because it likely costs $15 to ship. Bethesda can probably charge a lot less for shipping because their operation is a hell of a lot bigger. Either way, they're still overcharging for that Fallout set IMO.

I agree and also think Fallout was a bit overcharged considering The Last of Us was $82 shipped. I just don't think it was an outrageous price.  

Just a thought. Shipping Fallout (in the US) is FREE. Postage isn't going to pay itself and box sets aren't lightweight. So... I'd think the shipping price would be similar and Fallout is actually being sold for $65-$70. (Yes it still might not justify the price and UK/rest of the world don't have it fair).