This is random, but did anyone else here order the Dropsy soundtrack? The release date was in August and I've yet to hear or recieve anything.

I did, I have not gotten mine either, I thought it was supposed to ship in October, but it says "ships in three days" on the Bandcamp page. That's really discouraging. 

I still haven't gotten anything yet either...

I did, I have not gotten mine either, I thought it was supposed to ship in October, but it says "ships in three days" on the Bandcamp page. That's really discouraging.

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one then. I emailed them a few days ago but I'm still waiting for a reply.

This. Square Enix are releasing vinyl themselves - it'd be a bit weird to hand over the KH rights to some new operation.

If these records happen at all, my money is on them being boots.

It might sound strange but big labels own the rights for many game soundtracks already released instead of the game company. That's why Mother 1+2 are getting vinyl releases. Data Discs have worked more directly with SEGA, but those are newly mastered soundtracks rather than re-prints on a different format.

Do you think that someone would go out of their way endorse upcoming bootlegs on a professional webpage? I've only seen bootlegs being pushed on forums (Moonshake) or sneak into record stores (Ghost in the Shell, Akira).

This unknown label probably has something on the cards right now but is doing demand research via mailing list.

It might sound strange but big labels own the rights for many game soundtracks already released instead of the game company. That's why Mother 1+2 are getting vinyl releases. Data Discs have worked more directly with SEGA, but those are newly mastered soundtracks rather than re-prints on a different format.

Do you think that someone would go out of their way endorse upcoming bootlegs on a professional webpage? I've only seen bootlegs being pushed on forums (Moonshake) or sneak into record stores (Ghost in the Shell, Akira).

This unknown label probably has something on the cards right now but is doing demand research via mailing list.

Was thinking this, kinda, but you put it better than I could.

Black w/ yellow splatter A/B disc, black w/ red splatter C/D disc for KHII. "Roxas/Axel" variant.

Also, funny enough, I just got shipping confirmation for my Dropsy soundtrack, lol.

Totally thought of the black w/ red splatter, too. A purple/black swirl would be a cool Heartless variant, too.

That isn't really the case - in most cases the rights to the music stay with the game publisher - they may have been licensed out to various labels for CD pressings in the past, but the rights don't sit with the label.

I'm not sure what the case was with Earthbound - wasn't it a vinyl pressing of a CD that wasn't quite the games soundtrack or something?

I don't want to be Debbie downer - I want a MGS pressing as much as the next person, but speaking as someone who has worked in this area at a video game publisher and as someone who now works with them on merchandise among other things, it's not so simple. Landing the rights to publish both Square Enix and Konami properties on vinyl would be a HUGE get.

I HOPE I'm proven wrong though :)

Street Fighter II is going to be a 4LP box set. Not looking forward to finding out what the price is.

http://www.bravewave.net/genseries/001

Ugh will probably pass, would be down for a single or double LP but not a box, now if we were talkin a KH 1 & 2 box I'd be salivating at the mouth..

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one then. I emailed them a few days ago but I'm still waiting for a reply.

I emailed and got a response from Chris Schlarb, they should be shipping this week, that's why Bandcamp showed up like that. I got my shipping confirmation yesterday actually. Any luck on your end?

Edit: didn't see your second post about the shipping info. Glad that's all cleard up. 

Anybody else get the Chrono Trigger Arrangement via Europe? Friend in UK is picking me up one, can't imagine that at only 150 copies it'll last long. Unless that's a typo and it means 1,500.

Holy cow. I never thought my favorite game, possibly all time favorite, would get a vinyl record release that was licensed, but Moonshake/Unfortunate Face Records just announced an officially licensed Snatcher OST. I've seriously rarely been so excited for any release, soundtrack or not