Barnes and Noble Exclusive Vinyl (formerly Vinyl Day 11/21)

I'm not sure if it will be worth it, but my store will be having some giveaways.

Saturday November 21, 2015 9:00 AM Come celebrate Vinyl Day with us this holiday season for special offers, giveaways, signed editions and exclusives.

More info: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/blog/holiday-gift-guide/on-november-21-celebrate-vinyl-day-at-all-barnes-noble-stores/

CT9lG6NWIAIV9BK.jpgCT9lG6NWIAIV9BK.jpg

They did this last year and it was awful.

The staff at my local shop didn't even know it was 'vinyl day,' so they had no idea what I was talking about when I asked what was going on... I had to ask because there were no people in the music section of the store. Turns out the big deal was that if I bought 3 records (at regular price) I would get a free bag. A bag like the free re-useable supermarket bags with the B&N log on it...

They did this last year and it was awful.

The staff at my local shop didn't even know it was 'vinyl day,' so they had no idea what I was talking about when I asked what was going on... I had to ask because there were no people in the music section of the store. Turns out the big deal was that if I bought 3 records (at regular price) I would get a free bag. A bag like the free re-useable supermarket bags with the B&N log on it...

The exact situation on my end too, picked up the Sia and Brandon Flowers variants they had though. The managed to have a random giveaway for a Crosley turntable and headphones too + a guess the album artwork thing for another tote bag. Neat idea but it isn't really well done, the 'exclusives' they pick up are incredibly niche. 

The exact situation on my end too, picked up the Sia and Brandon Flowers variants they had though. The managed to have a random giveaway for a Crosley turntable and headphones too + a guess the album artwork thing for another tote bag. Neat idea but it isn't really well done, the 'exclusives' they pick up are incredibly niche.

That Brandon Flowers album/variant came out like 6 months ago..you two talking about the same B&N event here?

Edit: you must be referring to RSD. I was thinking this thing happened a year ago in Nov. 2014. Nevermind.

That Brandon Flowers album/variant came out like 6 months ago..you two talking about the same B&N event here?

Edit: you must be referring to RSD. I was thinking this thing happened a year ago in Nov. 2014. Nevermind.

They had another 'vinyl day' in May this year, unrelated to RSD. 

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/blog/july-25-vinyl-day/

Needless to say, it was just as underwhelming as this one.