PO: Kid Rock - Devil Without a Cause & Cocky (2/12)

There is a 9 page thread about a Carly Rae Jepson record and another thread about The Spice Girls and here you people are all torqued about a Kid Rock release...

That CRJ record is good, man! Haven't heard the Spice Girls LP so I won't defend or insult it, but CRJ's new album totally deserves the attention.

• 2 weeks later...

Bullmoose just emailed me. The indie version of Cocky was cancelled by the label.

EDIT: I missed the second email. BOTH indie versions were cancelled.

I sadly received the same emails earlier. The Indie Versions are what made me actually pre-order these in the first place. Not sure if I want them on standard black or not now.

Definitely need Devil, don't need a copy of Penisy.   I'm assuming there's still a pressing coming, just not 'indie'.

FWIW - I've really wanted a copy of this with decent mastering... I bought the HDtracks release only to discover they did use the CD master.  (if anyone wants a copy, I will send it to you out of spite).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.fye.com/s/product/4079289/#.VsAD7HNMHqA

http://www.fye.com/s/product/4079288/#.VsAERHNMHqA

Colored versions on fye.com. Use promo code purple10 to get $10 off $40 when you buy both!!

Those were cancelled according to Bull Moose.

I got both of these yesterday. Disappointed they used CD cover on Devil, and neither are in gatefolds.

Can you imagine the team responsible for calling the shots with FYE's vinyl, from a business standpoint?

"I don't give a shit – put Steve back on the line... or, you know what, even better – tell him that we will secure the rights to that exclusive Kid Rock vinyl. At any cost. No, look, that is NON-NEGOTIABLE."

TMPQlyr.jpg