2016 \\ Hype Edition

Derek™

To everyone hyping Brand New; has there been anything posted that suggests they're dropping a new album next year? I feel like they partially suggest an album is "coming soon" and tease details of it with every interview they do, but that they've been doing exactly that for at least 3-4 years. I'm not holding my breath.

To everyone hyping Brand New; has there been anything posted that suggests they're dropping a new album next year? I feel like they partially suggest an album is "coming soon" and tease details of it with every interview they do, but that they've been doing exactly that for at least 3-4 years. I'm not holding my breath.

i heard theyre gonna drop a new album then officially break up in 2016

I think there was a show recently where Jesse said they'd be back soon with a new record and then they'd break up.

Single this year, "418" being on the cassette printouts has the usual hype around maybe an April release date. Nothing substantial outside of what the band has said at shows.

I was about to ask, are people including albums they want / hope to be released? Cause I thought this was more ones we know are coming out. How can we be hyped about something that hasn't even been rumored to be coming out? Cause if that's the we might as well just list bands we want to release albums which is kind of stupid.

The Wrens more than pretty much anyone at this point.

Though I have to admit, the longer the process of them finishing it goes, the more excited I get. And it's kind of fun to be this excited about an album coming out....I still love the story of these guys, and the accidental mythos that this prolonged period of waiting for the album has created....

Agree with a lot of these, also looking forward to:

Ancient Warlocks

Goya

Wounded Giant

Red Wizard

Brinstone Coven

Reissues:

Appleseed Cast - Peregrine

Grimes (first two)

Land of Talk (still in the works, but I got an email from Saddle Creek about it last night.)

Iced Earth

I was about to ask, are people including albums they want / hope to be released? Cause I thought this was more ones we know are coming out. How can we be hyped about something that hasn't even been rumored to be coming out? Cause if that's the we might as well just list bands we want to release albums which is kind of stupid.

Exactly. I tried to clarify that in the first post, before I even typed up my list. "Well, we haven't heard from this band in a bit, so..." and "Hey, wouldn't it be great if [band] got off their asses and gave us new material?" are two scenarios I wanted to avoid as a basis for hype. There's nothing wrong with wishful thinking, but that's not what I intended this thread to house. I want updates from the band; photos of them in the studio. Singles. Interviews that talk about new albums being mastered or mixed. You know; the concrete stuff.

Exactly. I tried to clarify that in the first post, before I even typed up my list. "Well, we haven't heard from this band in a bit, so..." and "Hey, wouldn't it be great if [band] got off their asses and gave us new material?" are two scenarios I wanted to avoid as a basis for hype. There's nothing wrong with wishful thinking, but that's not what I intended this thread to house. I want updates from the band; photos of them in the studio. Singles. Interviews that talk about new albums being mastered or mixed. You know; the concrete stuff.

Yes, exactly. I want to use this thread as a resource to see what is coming out next year. Not 1,000 posts of 'Brand New' just because people want them to release something, or feel like it's time.

I want every one of your "probablies" right now, to be honest. Way more than Glassjaw or Touché Amoré.

Agreed. Got caught up in the thread and realized how many potential releases I could be really pumped for. If some of these 1 album every 2-3 years bands pick up some slack next year it could be a GREAT year.

I'm looking forward to albums from these bands. I'm sure once I'm aware of other 2016 releases I'll add to this list.

Power Trip

Inter Arma

Black Cobra

Conan

Graves at Sea

Lycus

Seven Sisters of Sleep

Black Tusk

Mondo Drag

Sumac

Nails

Wo Fat

Ilsa

Goya

Agoraphobic Nosebleed

I'm looking forward to albums from these bands. I'm sure once I'm aware of other 2016 releases I'll add to this list.

Power Trip

Inter Arma

Black Cobra

Conan

Graves at Sea

Lycus

Seven Sisters of Sleep

Black Tusk

Mondo Drag

Sumac

Nails

Wo Fat

Ilsa

Goya

Agoraphobic Nosebleed

You and I both forgot Wounded Giant, Red Wizard, and Brimstone Coven!