There Will Be Hell Toupée! (The Donald Trump Thread)

29 minutes ago, thefavoriteplay said:

I'd like to say first off, I never said "all Muslims" I said radical Muslims are dangerous. But let me apologize, I totally forgot Christians were killing homosexuals en masse by throwing them off the roofs of buildings or stoning them to death or beheading them etc.....oh wait Christians don't do that. If anything Christians talk against the way someone lives their life but they do not end others lives. 

What you said was : "Muslim radicals detest what Liberals are all about yet Liberals defend them all of the time - ridiculous." 

@jerseydave77  was rightfully pointing out that Liberals are not defending radical Muslims.

15 hours ago, WAXXX said:

i'm not anti muslim. i'm anti sharia law, which is barbaric and outdated. i'm also against the persecution of LGBT people. i'm against the persecution of all people. 

sharia law persecutes LGBT people, and women, and people in general. i think that is what @thefavoriteplay was getting at.

There are plenty of things in the bible that are equally barbaric and outdated, and plenty of persecution going on there too.  Religious dogma =/= to personal and/or cultural identity.

Your comment "i encourage women and the LGBT community to live in areas dominated by your average everyday muslim and report back" smacks of bigotry.

The point is that then majority of people are peacefully, whatever their personal and or religious beliefs, and their rights need to be protected.

36 minutes ago, thefavoriteplay said:

But by all means link me to extreme rare cases of abuse. 

23 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

those are in response to your insane thought of christians violence towards the LGBT community is some how "rare"... almost all of Central/South America is Catholic (65% Brazil, 82% Mexico, 97% Honduras, 90% Columbia, 42% Uganda (40% Protestant), etc...)

46 minutes ago, Mars said:

There are plenty of things in the bible that are equally barbaric and outdated, and plenty of persecution going on there too.  

Your comment "i encourage women and the LGBT community to live in areas dominated by your average everyday muslim and report back" smacks of bigotry.

The point is that then majority of people are peacefully, whatever their personal and or religious beliefs, and their rights need to be protected.

don't equate my dislike of sharia law with support of christianity or the bible. i agree that plenty of things in the bible are barbaric and outdated, which is why i support separation of church and state.

the only thing my comment smacks of is dat ass. joking aside, your average everyday muslim does not support basic human rights for all people due to the fact that the majority of muslims support sharia law. sharia law does not guarantee basic rights to all people. you will know what actual bigotry is when you are a woman or LGBT person living in an area dominated by your average everyday muslim.

no one in this thread is saying that muslims don't deserve basic rights as humans. that's absurd. 

29 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

your average everyday muslim does not support basic human rights for all people due to the fact that the majority of muslims support sharia law.

I would like to see some evidence to support this opinion because every person of the Muslim faith that I have met is pretty much like an average everyday person...

Just now, thispartysucks128 said:

I would like to see some evidence to support this opinion because every person of the Muslim faith that I have met is pretty much like an average everyday person...

sure thing. i linked it on page 12. here it is again: http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-beliefs-about-sharia/

1 minute ago, WAXXX said:

also, a reminder that personal anecdotes and experiences are not necessarily indicative of larger, generalized, more global trends.

Word, That is an interesting article. I'm going to have to spend more time with it. I think it must be a religious thing because I see it much like Christian Americans (4 in 10) who believe that the earth is 6-10,000 years old and think that the devil planted dinosaur bones in the ground to trick us. Religion is full of nutty stuff, hopefully the people in power can stay smart enough to understand the separation of church and state....http://www.livescience.com/46123-many-americans-creationists.html

As terrifying as Shariah Law is I find radical Christians more terrifying because of their rejection of things that can be proved by multiple things. Their ability to double think is astounding.

1 hour ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

those are in response to your insane thought of christians violence towards the LGBT community is some how "rare"... almost all of Central/South America is Catholic (65% Brazil, 82% Mexico, 97% Honduras, 90% Columbia, 42% Uganda (40% Protestant), etc...)

I like how you have the percentages of Christians for those reasons to provide a blanket indictment of Christianity.

The second article does not say Christians are hurting the LGBT in Brazil. Also, there are interesting comments from people from Brazil at the bottom.

The third article does not mention Christians.

The fourth article also has nothing to do with Christians. 

The fifth and final article also does not blame Christians. 

Christ did not advocate violence or hate. Those doing so in his name are not Christians. 

Radical Muslims do murder in the name of their prophet. 

36 minutes ago, thispartysucks128 said:

seconded and the post 9/11 climate has only nurtured a mentality of acceptance in muslim americans. The oppressed rarely lash out towards other small groups when they know the feeling of discrimination. I mean my sample size is also small, but I've yet to meet any that follow sharia law as strictly as christians I've met who follow the bible's teachings

3 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

seconded and the post 9/11 climate has only nurtured a mentality of acceptance in muslim americans. The oppressed rarely lash out towards other small groups when they know the feeling of discrimination. I mean my sample size is also small, but I've yet to meet any that follow sharia law as strictly as christians I've met who follow the bible's teachings

i literally provided a source and addressed an extremely similar response a few posts above this.

31 minutes ago, thispartysucks128 said:

As terrifying as Shariah Law is I find radical Christians more terrifying because of their rejection of things that can be proved by multiple things. Their ability to double think is astounding.

i find it disturbing that sharia law is normal, whereas radical christians are abnormal.

3 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

i literally provided a source and addressed an extremely similar response a few posts above this.

i find it disturbing that sharia law is normal, whereas radical christians are abnormal.

I meant seconded in personal interactions with those identifying as muslim. I just glanced it over so far but did they ask how americans interpret it? I find it disturbing that in 2016 anyone follows the strict guidelines of any outdated religious text in general. I feel like radical members of any religion in this country are a minority, and in many 1st world nations

1 hour ago, thefavoriteplay said:

I like how you have the percentages of Christians for those reasons to provide a blanket indictment of Christianity.

The second article does not say Christians are hurting the LGBT in Brazil. Also, there are interesting comments from people from Brazil at the bottom.

Christ did not advocate violence or hate. Those doing so in his name are not Christians. 

yes, you're right, they're radicals who just happen to also be christians.  

Brazil is crazy, we hosted a kid from Sao Paulo for a year, and granted it was a 16 year old telling us the stories about protests in Brazil, it was still surprising.  

1 hour ago, thefavoriteplay said:

yes, you're right, they're radicals who just happen to also be christians.  

Brazil is crazy, we hosted a kid from Sao Paulo for a year, and granted it was a 16 year old telling us the stories about protests in Brazil, it was still surprising.  

4 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

this new board blows.  

Dude it does. I was trying to multiquote and this shit is fucked. I don't even feel like typing out responses to some of the stupidity and misinformation in this thread. Some real misinformed and ignorant stuff in this thread...much like what Donald Trump says anyway.

There are some shitty Muslims.

There are some shitty Christians.

There are some shitty people.

It be nice if we could live together without making someone feel less for what they believe. It be nice if we could all understand where someone is coming from and try to understand why they believe whatever it is they believe, without telling them they are wrong. Just because we don't agree with someone else, doesn't make them wrong. And that goes both ways.  

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

So... Can we not?

Please refer to previous post.

are you attempting to mod? if you are, then at least do it with confidence that you are preventing site rules and etiquette from being disregarded.

we aren't having this discussion with concern for whether or not you find it personally permissible. 

discussion has been surprisingly civil for VC due to the topics being addressed, which happen to be an issue of contention in the upcoming USA presidential election.

participation in this thread is at-will and you can easily choose not to participate and spend your time elsewhere on the forums.

we get that people should all get along, however disagreements are inevitable. banning rational, political discussion need not happen.

2 hours ago, NapalmBrain said:

I feel like radical members of any religion in this country are a minority, and in many 1st world nations

that's because we have it good. we keep things good with legal immigration processes, background checks, security checkpoints, and of course, walls. ;)

that way, WE HAVE THE BEST IMMIGRANTS!

15 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

are you attempting to mod? if you are, then at least do it with confidence that you are preventing site rules and etiquette from being disregarded.

we aren't having this discussion with concern for whether or not you find it personally permissible. 

discussion has been surprisingly civil for VC due to the topics being addressed, which happen to be an issue of contention in the upcoming USA presidential election.

participation in this thread is at-will and you can easily choose not to participate and spend your time elsewhere on the forums.

we get that people should all get along, however disagreements are inevitable. banning rational, political discussion need not happen.

Not trying to mod, I just know that this is going to get out of hand.

Religion is always going to be a point of contention for a lot of people, and while most folks of any religion are decent enough, yes there are radicals out there.

People keep grouping in radicals with "your everyday ____" in here though.

I'm fine with having a discussion, but there is no need to be confrontational about it (as you were in the post I quoted), or to group entire religions together based on the actions and beliefs of a small portion of people (which is also happening here). 

And, no, you don't need my permission to have this discussion, but when people are in here being ignorant about other people's beliefs, and painting entire groups of people with broad strokes, you have to know that at some point someone is going to fly off the handle. I was just trying to prevent that in my own small way. By all means though, be the big internet tough guy you've always wanted to be. Try to pick fights that aren't even there, and defend your rights that no one is actually trying to infringe on by getting aggressive toward someone who just wants to keep a thread civil.