There Will Be Hell Toupée! (The Donald Trump Thread)

22 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

this celebrity "unite against hate" thing is not a campaign against hate. if the campaign was actually against hate, then their sole mission would not revolve around encouraging hate against another human being. 

it's a political campaign against donald trump, pure and simple. don't be fooled otherwise. you can clearly see that it is funded and supported by moveon.org PAC (top of the page). yes, the same moveon.org that has a history of labeling republican presidential nominees as hitler. yes, the same moveon.org funded by billionaire crook george soros. yes, the same george soros who funded the violent anti-trump protests where rioters sucker punched people, looted, and smashed cars.

info on moveon.org: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MoveOn.org

soros convicted of insider trading: http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/14/business/worldbusiness/14iht-soros.1974397.html

soros & moveon.org funding anti-trump protests: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jun/6/tammy-bruce-anti-trump-rallies-funded-by-the-left/

The whole rhetoric of the left summed up. Be anti-hate, because conservatives and republicans are pro-hate. Be anti-rape, because conservatives/libertarians/republicans are pro-rape 

7 hours ago, FlippingOut said:

The whole rhetoric of the left summed up. Be anti-hate, because conservatives and republicans are pro-hate. Be anti-rape, because conservatives/libertarians/republicans are pro-rape 

I'm friends with a dude on social media who plays in a band that's pretty popular on VC. He posted a status update saying he wanted to drag racists and anti-gay christians into the streets and beat them to death. The insane amount of hearts and likes that post got was really unnerving.

But yeah... The party of peace and such.

18 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

I'm friends with a dude on social media who plays in a band that's pretty popular on VC. He posted a status update saying he wanted to drag racists and anti-gay christians into the streets and beat them to death. The insane amount of hearts and likes that post got was really unnerving.

But yeah... The party of peace and such.

Well, you know, the only feelings, opinions and thoughts that matter to the left are those that wholly agree with their programming. Everyone else are bigots or aren't clued in on the facts that they espouse. 

33 minutes ago, rds said:

Here is an interesting article about Trump's seemingly complicated appeal to conservatives and evangelicals.

https://georgelakoff.com/2016/07/22/understanding-trump/

Some interesting theories that seem logical for some of the groups that are gravitating towards his rhetoric.

yeah, his article was also posted on huffington post. he's a smart linguist (like noam chomsky), but his extreme bias as an adamant democrat and hillary supporter cannot be overlooked. his argument is inherently divisive (pitting republican vs democrat) and ends with the conclusion that trump is bad because he uses mind control and must be stopped. in his world, hillary gets an automatic free pass. in my world, she doesn't.

scott adams (creator of dilbert) has also been posting on his blog about the persuasive techniques of both trump and hillary throughout the campaign. also pretty interesting: http://blog.dilbert.com/

Officially I don't think Gary Johnson has ever endorsed the whole 'Feel The Johnson' slogan, it's his supporters pushing it. Personally I think it's dumb and detrimental to the Libertarian message, however if it makes a young voter on FB chuckle/check him out then so be it. I can't knock a dick (pun intended) joke, I have a podcast and Twitter account built upon them.

She makes some decent points about the parallels between the RNC and the DNC manipulating party rules to select the candidate they prefer but I disagree about his endorsement. I'd argue he took the more difficult path because of his principles, not in spite of them. It might have been fun to watch Bernie spurn the DNC but to pretend his pragmatic approach isn't principled seems a bit of a stretch. He lost, whether fairly or unfairly, is irrelevant with regards to the coming election. Moving forward I don't blame him for choosing a path which he (rightly or wrongly) believes will result in the most progress towards his progressive agenda.

He won't run for president again and this will, in no way, hurt his reelection chances in his home state. What's the endgame to him not endorsing? There isn't much he could conceivably hope to accomplish from that position. Sure, maybe he doesn't get labeled a sellout but I'd like to think he is adult enough to not give two fucks about that and by extension, shit like the video posted above. 

4 minutes ago, BuzzersonKillwell said:

He lost, whether fairly or unfairly, is irrelevant with regards to the coming election.

but this is incorrect. if you lose unfairly because of voter fraud or collusion within the DNC, then it's very relevant to the coming election. bernie received over $200 million from poor kids and young adults with his strong message against war, corruption, and money in politics. he then endorses the most hawkish, corrupt candidate who's received more money from special interests than anyone in the history of US politics. you can not blame him all you want, but many won't be so forgiving.