There Will Be Hell Toupée! (The Donald Trump Thread)

My joke was legit funny if you do the "ba-dum tsssh" in your head.

Taxes are the price we pay to be citizens of the country. Worry more about how the taxes are being spent than getting rid of them. You say "Bernie babies" but I just hear grown men crying about the government "stealing" their money. Again, a lot of our tax spending should be criminal. We need reform and reallocation, but taxation itself is not theft.

7 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

failure and bankruptcy are not mutually exclusive.  a company does not have to go bankrupt for it to be a failure.  likewise, a company doesn't have to be a failure to go bankrupt.

the fact the SCOTUS is being held hostage by the GOP in hopes that they'll win and keep the court leaning right makes me vote for hillary before anyone else.  though, the 5-3 decision today is an amazing victory, these 4-4 decisions that revert to the lower court findings is just sad. 

i understand failure and bankruptcy aren't mutually exclusive. however, with over 500 businesses, trump's failure rate is low as well.

supreme court justices aren't nominated by the GOP. that is the job of the president. trump has already put forward a shortlist of 11 SCOTUS nominees that he would consider. his nominees have a record of putting the law and the constitution ahead of their political preferences. as it should be. one does not have to lean right or left to uphold the constitution.

2 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Taxes are the price we pay to be citizens of the country. Worry more about how the taxes are being spent than getting rid of them. You say "Bernie babies" but I just hear grown men crying about the government "stealing" their money. Again, a lot of our tax spending should be criminal. We need reform and reallocation, but taxation itself is not theft.

How are you going to come at anyone ITT for "crying" when you were legitimately bitching about not being able to go to your full time job, school, and bake a fuckin' peice of chicken for dinner because you were too tired?

Y'all just sawft haha. Blaming the state for your follies yet at the same time expecting them to fix them. Getting pissed at people saying no-no words,  but being cool with lethal force. At least I unapologetically stick to my convictions, I'm not about to be a hypocrite and stand behind a monster. It's almost like Democracy is a religion you blindly follow.

Now hook me up with a downvote @stl_ben, you dirty little weasel boy! ;)

4 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

taxation is theft.

how much of what i earn do i not deserve to keep? who deserves it more? and how much? what happens if i refuse?

you are mistaken if you think i don't have issues with how taxes are being spent. i do. which is why i don't vote for war hawks (the single biggest drain on the $3.5 trillion we collect in taxes). also why i vote for immigration reform. if you are going to steal my money, then spend it on american citizens.

people say bernie "babies" because they are still dependent on their parents or someone else. 28% of bernie donors don't even have a job. when was the last time you were forced to pay 50% or more of your income in taxes?

54 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

i understand failure and bankruptcy aren't mutually exclusive. however, with over 500 businesses, trump's failure rate is low as well.

supreme court justices aren't nominated by the GOP. that is the job of the president. trump has already put forward a shortlist of 11 SCOTUS nominees that he would consider. his nominees have a record of putting the law and the constitution ahead of their political preferences. as it should be. one does not have to lean right or left to uphold the constitution.

The President has nominated a Justice, as it is his duty to do so, but the GOP is refusing to hold a vote towards the confirmation of Garland, thus, holding the seat hostage, saying that "the people should have a say" by electing a new president, which is bs.  and I agree, the court should not lean one way or the other, but it should not be allowed to cast 4-4 decisions and defer back to lower court decisions.

Just now, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

The President has nominated a Justice, as it is his duty to do so, but the GOP is refusing to hold a vote towards the confirmation of Garland, thus, holding the seat hostage, saying that "the people should have a say" by electing a new president, which is bs.  and I agree, the court should not lean one way or the other, but it should not be allowed to cast 4-4 decisions and defer back to lower court decisions.

i don't support the GOP.

1 hour ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

That's not what I "cried about" at all you dumb piece of shit. I'm voting for Clinton because fuck you. Peace out assholes.

Uh oh, someone's having a little trouble managing their emotions again haha.

You'll be back! YOU'LL ALWAYS COME BACK!

Satan-Trump.jpg

8 hours ago, WAXXX said:

taxation is theft.

how much of what i earn do i not deserve to keep? who deserves it more? and how much? what happens if i refuse?

how much do you pay in taxes each year?  how many publicly-funded things do you take advantage of?  how much do you think those things cost?  what happens if you pay less in than you get out?  is that theft?

I like taxes, even if I pay more than I get out.  I've benefited from ~22 years of public education and worked for publicly-funded places (academia and gov) for the past few years, so now it's time to "pay it forward."  after all, it seems like kind of a dick move to go to public schools for free and then bitch about how your property taxes are too high once you've graduated.

24 minutes ago, harryq said:

how much do you pay in taxes each year?  how many publicly-funded things do you take advantage of?  how much do you think those things cost?  what happens if you pay less in than you get out?  is that theft?

I like taxes, even if I pay more than I get out.  I've benefited from ~22 years of public education and worked for publicly-funded places (academia and gov) for the past few years, so now it's time to "pay it forward."  after all, it seems like kind of a dick move to go to public schools for free and then bitch about how your property taxes are too high once you've graduated.

answer my questions and i'll answer yours: 

10 hours ago, WAXXX said:

I know this isn't directed at me, but.

I wish that's how the system worked.  Who decides who pays what?  Well, in theory, you via votes and elections at various levels.  In practice, not so much.

There are a few countries where if you do pay taxes that's cool, but you can't take advantage of many services that benefit from taxes in turn.  I like that model.

It's a tough call, there has to be a system to collect money to run a country.  Taxes are one of the most efficient ways to do that, but there is no such thing as one size fits all.  You can make it as complicated and scalable as you want, the system is going to work to some people's advantage and screw over other people.

2 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

so youre totally cool with the GOP blocking a presidential nomination?

i'm about as cool with that as i am with obama overstepping his executive authority to provide amnesty to 4 million illegal immigrants in direct contradiction to US law and the will of the supreme court.

1 hour ago, AlexH. said:

As a literary pairing with this thread, I'd recommend Flannery O'Connor's "The Barber": http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2013/10/the-barber-a-story-flannery-oconnor-never-published/280731/

dost thou have a wine recommendation as well while i peruse this acerbic literary publication?

23 hours ago, WAXXX said:

will do.

• I think this website shows the 2016 tax brackets.  depending on your income, you would "deserve" to keep between 60-100% of your income.  after a bit of math, I think my effective tax rate is ~20%, but that's not counting deductions and things like that.
  • I'm not sure what "it" refers to, but I'm guessing it means "my tax money".  in that case, I think everyone deserves "it" and they each deserve an ~equal share of it (e.g., everyone has access to public schools, libraries, highways, etc.).  some people (based on their income, family size, etc.) need a little extra help (e.g., housing, food, insurance, etc.), so we give those people access to additional resources.
  • if you refuse to pay your taxes and you get caught, there's probably a fine or potentially some jail time.

seeing Clinton and Warren on the same stage scares me...just as much as trump, if not worse. The slogan for this years nominees should be "RIP America 2016"

I'm a Clinton supporter, but I don't really want Warren to be her VP.  it's one thing for some random senator to be trolling Trump on twitter, but it's another thing when it's the VP candidate.

Edited by harryq