There Will Be Hell Toupée! (The Donald Trump Thread)

13 minutes ago, nancy_raygun said:

You're very wrong about that tax thing.  From what I read, you claim that a 15% flat corporate tax would incentive corporations to cease using tax havens or loopholes in order to avoid taxation, thereby increasing the tax revenue.

Walmart definitely avoids paying their taxes as much as they can.  One of the ways they do so is by taking advantage of tax havens, as you mentioned.  Meaning that they move revenues/profits into other corporate branches overseas where the tax rate is substantially lower.  This sucks, this creates an unfair advantage for Walmart versus small business.  And it's totally unethical considering that it's pretty well-known that a huge proportion of Walmart's staff need to supplement their income with social welfare programs.  But on their 2016 financial statements for the US it very clearly shows that they had $21B in income before taxes and paid $6.5B in taxes.  31%.  Technically they should be paying 35%, but they use loopholes to reduce their percentage liability.

Cutting this number to 15% and then believing that there's so hypothetical way of removing all corporate tax loopholes so that it's actually 15%, you have still lost $3.35B in tax revenue, and that's just one company.

You talk about fixing the broken system.  I don't see it as broken.  One thing that bothers me really is the "Make America Great Again" slogan.  It's like, fuck off, America is great.  I like it here a lot.  It's not a utopia and it never will be, but we're all working pretty hard and things are going pretty good for most of us.  You know what won't make America great?  Cutting the tax rate literally in half for billion dollar corporate giant companies.

tell me how much a welfare recipient receives for each dollar the government takes. it's pathetic. to me, that's a broken system. too much waste, not efficient, overspending, shitty results.

walmart isn't the best example for a tax haven. try facebook, google, or apple.

taxation is theft.

Just now, WAXXX said:

tell me how much a welfare recipient receives for each dollar the government takes. it's pathetic. to me, that's a broken system. too much waste, not efficient, overspending, shitty results.

walmart isn't the best example for a tax haven. try facebook, google, or apple.

taxation is theft.

No, taxation is how we build roads.  Also sometimes walls, when Mexicans won't just do it on the super cheap.

4 minutes ago, nancy_raygun said:

A German company that builds walls is one of Hillary's biggest campaign donors?

Also, seriously guy, the wall in Israel as an example of what's a good idea?  Why don't you just put up a picture of the Berlin Wall?

i was talking about saudi arabia. they've given her millions. i can't even fathom how accepting money from a foreign country while you are politician is legal, but that's the case.

yes. attacks in israel have plummeted since constructing the wall. 

1 minute ago, nancy_raygun said:

No, taxation is how we build roads.  Also sometimes walls, when Mexicans won't just do it on the super cheap.

right now it is, sometimes. there are many private roads. it doesn't have to be that way.

i think wanting hillary as president just so she can steal more money from businesses is a pretty shitty reason to vote.

i bet some mexicans would be offended that you just generalized all of them as america's super cheap construction labor market.

3 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

yes. attacks in israel have plummeted since constructing the wall. 

Locals also consider the wall to be a contributing factor to apartheid.

Waxxx, you seem hell-bent on tearing down everyone else's opinion (even when it doesn't explicitly disagree with your own).  Please lay out why you think Trump is a good candidate.  Not why he's better than Hillary, but on his own merits.  What does he bring to the table?

Just now, daegor said:

Waxxx, you seem hell-bent on tearing down everyone else's opinion (even when it doesn't explicitly disagree with your own).  Please lay out why you think Trump is a good candidate.  Not why he's better than Hillary, but on his own merits.  What does he bring to the table?

i will, but it will have to be later. date night.

2 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Taxation is not theft. A lot of what the government does with that money is or should be criminal, but txation itself is not theft.

Threatening to use violence and essentially kidnap someone unless they give you their money sounds like theft to me.

53 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

What a weird stereotype.

All libertarians wear tinfoil hats so the government can't control their brainwaves with chemtrails. Also, women are trying to steal their precious bodily fluids.

Wasn't a stereotype, legitimately looked at who thumbed up that stinker ha.

If the worst thing you can say about Libertarians is that they don't trust the government then hey, could be worse. I'm not on here supporting a candidated who laughed about Gaddafi getting a knife up the ass before being murdered or who takes millions from a government that oppresses/objectifies women.

But go ahead and get mad at people using the word "vagina," as an insult. That's significantly worse right?

12 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

If the worst thing you can say about Libertarians is that they don't trust the government then hey, could be worse. I'm not on here supporting a candidated who laughed about Gaddafi getting a knife up the ass before being murdered or who takes millions from a government that oppresses/objectifies women.

But go ahead and get mad at people using the word "vagina," as an insult. That's significantly worse right?

(hey man, I've been doing my own laundry for 20 years :P)

Oh, no way is it worse.  They are both awful people who have no business being anywhere near the white house.

On 6/24/2016 at 5:36 PM, daegor said:

WAXXX, you seem hell-bent on tearing down everyone else's opinion (even when it doesn't explicitly disagree with your own).  Please lay out why you think Trump is a good candidate.  Not why he's better than Hillary, but on his own merits.  What does he bring to the table?

Trump is:

• a builder, not a destroyer. has the know-how to improve infrastructure and rebuild inner cities.
  • a successful businessman, not a career politician. he understands wealth needs to be created, not redistributed.
  • America first. he will focus on addressing our own problems before addressing the problems of other nations.
  • the only candidate who will to fix our broken immigration system.
  • not a war hawk.

also, it cannot be downplayed that he is the only candidate running who will defeat hillary, the most corrupt person ever to seek office of presidency.

7 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

Trump is:

• a builder, not a destroyer. has the know-how to improve infrastructure and rebuild inner cities.
  • a successful businessman, not a career politician. he understands wealth needs to be created, not redistributed.
  • America first. he will focus on addressing our own problems before addressing the problems of other nations.
  • not a war hawk.

also, it cannot be downplayed that he is the only candidate running who will defeat hillary, the most corrupt person ever to seek office of presidency.

Your first point, while true that he's a builder, he's a terrible one.  Look up his track record on his buildings and developments.

Your second point, he's a terrible businessman, again if you look up the things he's invested in there is a spectacular failure and bankruptcy rate.  However, I definitely see it as a plus that he's not a politician, though I'm not sure there is much difference between businessmen and politicians other than their arena.

Third point, agreed.  Though I question his ability to do so given his track record.

Fourth.  I honestly think he'll make it much worse.  He may reduce immigration, but he will only alienate a lot of your own citizens in the process.

Fifth, very true.  And while in the back of my mind I'm worried that he'd offend someone to the point of war, I actually very much doubt that will happen, or that it couldn't be rectified if it did.

The only one that can defeat Hillary?  Probably.  Maybe Bernie, the dust hasn't settle there, but he's definitely a long shot.

EDIT:  Hope your date went well!

Edited by daegor

6 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

Trump is:

• not a war hawk.

BUT HE REFERRED TO A TACO BOWL AS AUTHENTIC MEXICAN FOOD! HE IS LITERALLY HITLER!

Again, wouldn't vote for the dude, but this 'lesser of two evils' support abandoned Bernie babies are giving Hillary just proves most of these kids don't do any research and just assume they'll be considered racist/hate poor people if they don't vote Democrat. It's an overwhelming stupid prospective to have. Hillary is the fucking Michale Jordan of dehumanization and violence, stuff you'd think Liberals wouldn't stand for, but lo and behold.

29 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

My glowing endorsement of Clinton has basically been "Ugh, she's awful but she isn't Trump"

The most important reason I'm hoping for a democrat in the white house is to hopefully get a left leaning Supreme Court justice appointment.

Also, "pussy" is just an all around shitty word. Cunt is better.

46 minutes ago, daegor said:

Your first point, while true that he's a builder, he's a terrible one.  Look up his track record on his buildings and developments.

Your second point, he's a terrible businessman, again if you look up the things he's invested in there is a spectacular failure and bankruptcy rate.  However, I definitely see it as a plus that he's not a politician, though I'm not sure there is much difference between businessmen and politicians other than their arena.

Third point, agreed.  Though I question his ability to do so given his track record.

Fourth.  I honestly think he'll make it much worse.  He may reduce immigration, but he will only alienate a lot of your own citizens in the process.

Fifth, very true.  And while in the back of my mind I'm worried that he'd offend someone to the point of war, I actually very much doubt that will happen, or that it couldn't be rectified if it did.

The only one that can defeat Hillary?  Probably.  Maybe Bernie, the dust hasn't settle there, but he's definitely a long shot.

EDIT:  Hope your date went well!

thanks. date was great.

i'm not sure why you think he's a bad builder. some of his properties and developments look absolutely amazing. i tried reading a washington post article about his record, but it was a total cesspool of biased anti-trump rhetoric, misquotes, and horrible logic. if you have a better source on his record, i'm happy to look at it. i do have an actual real world example of trump's success as a builder: in 1986 there was a property (wollman ice skating rink) in central park that was costing the government millions of dollars and was still failing because it was being mismanaged by unqualified politicians. trump took over the project free of charge, and fixed the rink under budget and ahead of schedule. 

not sure what information you are looking at to come to the conclusion that he has a "spectacular failure and bankruptcy rate". trump owns over 500 different businesses and only 4 of them, in the past 25 years have filed for chapter 11. that's a 99% success rate. pretty amazing if you ask me. keep in mind these are business bankruptcies, not personal bankruptcy.

as for immigration, no one really has a problem with it, including trump - as long as it's done legally. the issue is with illegal immigration. many illegal immigrants have no identifying papers and put a giant burden on the taxpayer. i can't go to mexico right now illegally and get government cash assistance, healthcare, and education. it should be no different in the USA.

Edited by WAXXX

failure and bankruptcy are not mutually exclusive.  a company does not have to go bankrupt for it to be a failure.  likewise, a company doesn't have to be a failure to go bankrupt.

the fact the SCOTUS is being held hostage by the GOP in hopes that they'll win and keep the court leaning right makes me vote for hillary before anyone else.  though, the 5-3 decision today is an amazing victory, these 4-4 decisions that revert to the lower court findings is just sad. 

1 hour ago, Shitty Rambo said:

excuse me ma'am, but I scrub my own undies thank you very much