PO: Lost in Kiev - Nuit Noire (9/2/2016)

9 hours ago, abovetheearth said:

we're talking with the dunk! US distribution store on getting a discount fella. 

Thanks, but unfortunately I am in the UK, otherwise i'd definitely sign up.

EDIT: I can sometimes get stuff sent to a US friend who comes to the UK a few times per year... Will see if I can arrange something!

Edited by SE7EN

On 11/5/2016 at 4:41 PM, Gumbo72203 said:

Unfortunatley not.  The album didn't grab me enough to purchase yet, even though the variant looks beautiful.  Lost In Kiev has just never gotten me off.  It's strange.  I should love them. 

Be honest. Did you really listen to the new one? I know how you love to listen to new albums (present day) years later as an initial listen and then ask if we've heard the new ____________ yet.

An honest Gumby is the best Gumby .

2 hours ago, abovetheearth said:

Be honest. Did you really listen to the new one? I know how you love to listen to new albums (present day) years later as an initial listen and then ask if we've heard the new ____________ yet.

An honest Gumby is the best Gumby .

Hilarious. 

I finally ordered one from the US store because shipping was half the price. I couldn't justify the 26euro shipping pricetag to Aus. Looking forward to getting this in hand, I think it looks great.

On 14/10/2016 at 10:54 AM, Stress On The Sky said:

I would but I don't use spotify or any streaming service if its not on my i-Pod before I leave in the morning it has to wait till I'm home (but tbf there's 17,000 songs on me at any one time on my classic so it won't be a tough wait.).

I'm also based in the UK so probably won't need to partake in the group buy because shipping from the EU shouldn't fully bankrupt me, but thanks for thinking of covering me. I know I'm still quite a new face here so being considered trustworthy enough to join in on a group-buy gave me a warm fuzzy. ;-)

Hey, re-read through the posts and saw your reply... Somehow missed it first time around.

Not sure if you'd be interested in combining shipping (or if it would be worth it on only two albums)? I'm also in London, so would be pretty easy to arrange if the price was right.

On 11/5/2016 at 5:44 PM, Derek™ said:

The fact Gumbo is quite unimpressed makes me want to spin this album, stat.

I mean it's not bad by any means.  But nothing they've ever done has made me freak out like so many other bands do.  I never get that bursting !!!!!!!! feeling inside of me when I listen to them. 

Edit:  giving it another spin now while I do some homework.  I did like this first song, Narcosis.  We'll see how this goes!

Edited by Gumbo72203

10 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

I mean it's not bad by any means.  But nothing they've ever done has made me freak out like so many other bands do.  I never get that bursting !!!!!!!! feeling inside of me when I listen to them.

So this album bursts inside of you whereas other ones give you warm tingly feelings on your face?  Got it.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

You're right, my apologies.  You're saying that this album actually doesn't make you feel like it's finishing anywhere on or near you, right?

Indeed, I am quite dry. 

Just finished the listen.  I mean, it's not bad.  It just doesn't have many parts that I really love.  There are a couple that do standout:  the sustained synth keyboard lines in track 2, during the "verses" if you could call them that.  They're very cool.  The arrangement could be better for that tune, but those sections are cool.  "Somnipathy" is probably my favorite track; that is the big standout.  The bassline/groove after like the 2:30 mark is fucking sick on that one.  That's the only part of the album that I was like "yeahhhhhhhhh here we go"

The thing I noticed about this album also is that all the songs kind of plod along at the same tempo and groove style for me.  They don't change speeds.  There's never any exciting builds. 

Great that you guys love this album.  They definitely have a mood, for sure.  Their songwriting just doesn't grab me. 

17 hours ago, SE7EN said:

Hey, re-read through the posts and saw your reply... Somehow missed it first time around.

Not sure if you'd be interested in combining shipping (or if it would be worth it on only two albums)? I'm also in London, so would be pretty easy to arrange if the price was right.

Thanks for the thought but after listening to this album in full a few times  I don't feel as though this is something I'm going to actually get unless I find it in a sin-bin. I like the album but I've spent way too much this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Heres the latest scoop:

I have a discount code specifically for VC, the shipment is on its way. The discount is 10% using this code (will send to those who want) A Thousand Arms is also having a Black Friday - Cyber Monday sale on all vinyl so you can save your code to use in addition.

Edited by abovetheearth

2 minutes ago, abovetheearth said:

Heres the latest scoop:

I have a discount code specifically for VC, the shipment is on its way. The discount is 10% using this code (will send to those who want) A Thousand Arms is also having a Black Friday - Cyber Monday sale on all vinyl so you can save your code to use in addition.

I wouldn't mind grabbing the code. I've been thinking about getting some stuff for a while and that may put me over the edge. :)

Just now, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I wouldn't mind grabbing the code. I've been thinking about getting some stuff for a while and that may put me over the edge. :)

ok. will PM you after a meeting. Hoping for a delivery date to Distro just before Thanksgiving weekend. He will have it back in stock for Thanksgiving whether or not the shipment makes it in...but delivery, understandably, might be delayed.

On 11/7/2016 at 8:09 PM, Gumbo72203 said:

Indeed, I am quite dry. 

That's what she...

So, I think I might like to get this album. My mind is scrambled this morning and can't make out what the deal is here. Can someone PM me the details of what I need to do to get this discount and what this group buy entails or if I'm too late. If it's a decent price, I'm down.

1 hour ago, lexicondevil said:

Can someone PM me the details of what I need to do to get this discount and what this group buy entails or if I'm too late. If it's a decent price, I'm down.

The likelyhood of group buys from Dunk! may be obsolete since A Thousand Arms will be doing their North America Distro. (Based out of Montana, I believe?) Therefore, when reaching out, they are ordering more of this album and will offer us a 10% discount (VC crowd) and that discount can be added to their Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale. I hold the code. If you'd like it, lemme know.

Edited by abovetheearth