WAXWORKS RECORDS Official Mega-Thread

21 minutes ago, tetsuodaironman said:

$125 for patches and 2xLP in a box? WW can get fucked, literally. This OST business has become a joke. Enjoy spending $130+ for an OST you'll likely listen to once a year.

Edit: Not even a box, but a "slipcase", lol.

Also pretty sure the only leather jacket that those patches would be the right size for is for a toddler. 

Perfectly okay with just keeping my copy of the original OST that I got for $10 a couple of years ago - especially since one of the two LPs in this is exactly the same. 

1 hour ago, tetsuodaironman said:

$125 for patches and 2xLP in a box? WW can get fucked, literally. This OST business has become a joke. Enjoy spending $130+ for an OST you'll likely listen to once a year.

Edit: Not even a box, but a "slipcase", lol.

Yeah, this is blowing my mind a bit.

So essentially it's $85 extra for a slip case, a small booklet, and two patches? What?

59 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Yeah, this is blowing my mind a bit.

So essentially it's $85 extra for a slip case, a small booklet, and two patches? What?

The Sad thing is these will sell out immediately because all of the morons out there. That is not worth 125$, you can buy an xbox one for 300$ and you will get extreme value out of that. I am just trying to put it into a measurable perspective of what value could be, or couldn't be. So basically take two of these and put this next to a brand new xbox one or ps4 and are is the value given the same?? 

Also i used to work for the largest art company in the world and I know with larger artists artwork price is usually dictated 100% by what people have paid for it and will pay for it, so its usually always subjective in a sense because there is no formula beyond what someone once paid. I think they are using this principle and just grabbing numbers that they know people will pay, no matter how absurd. 

The only shitty thing about all of this is not so much the deluxe price -- it's obviously marked up a shit ton but people will still buy it -- but the fact that $40 is the new norm for a basic 2x LP from waxwork. Mondo doesn't even gouge as hard on their basic releases. I knew when they were going to offer subscribers a "discount" that it wouldn't actually be a discount.. They just mark the releases up to still make the same amount of margin, and now they make even more on their non-subscribing customers. That, to me, is shitty. 

1 hour ago, yanquiuxo said:

The only shitty thing about all of this is not so much the deluxe price -- it's obviously marked up a shit ton but people will still buy it -- but the fact that $40 is the new norm for a basic 2x LP from waxwork. Mondo doesn't even gouge as hard on their basic releases. I knew when they were going to offer subscribers a "discount" that it wouldn't actually be a discount.. They just mark the releases up to still make the same amount of margin, and now they make even more on their non-subscribing customers. That, to me, is shitty. 

Waxwork sucks now, hands down. I don't want to hear the "licensing" argument either to justify the extreme cost of any of their releases either. Apart from the absurd prices, they make people wait 6 months for a freaking "Goosebumps" LP? Lol. What a joke. I sold my Taxi Driver for cost because I am tired of supporting labels that think this new norm of pricing and waiting is acceptable.