WAXWORKS RECORDS Official Mega-Thread

Just noticed that June 13th falls on a Friday... fingers crossed...

Holy shit, that would make perfect sense. I was going to get a dumb tattoo that day because my girlfriend's friend's shop is doing a special, but I think I'll have to throw my money at the vinyl instead. Ft13th is my favorite horror franchise. I got a shitty/small Jason's hockey mask tattoo a few years ago.

Whoa. Sad I never clicked this thread before Creepshow is one of my favorite movies. Going to hope and hold out for Friday the 13th.

Light in the Attic as well as plenty of online and brick and mortar stores still have Creepshow in stock. The retail colors were the green and the blue, I believe.

^^^ really? I ordered two different colors. Got mine yesterday and one had a  13/4" seam split at the top and the other had a 2 1/2" seam split at the top. The top left corners of both were crunched as well. I swear that U-Line has the thinnest cardboard ever.

Yeah, I had seam splits and corner dings on mine, too. Also split inside the jacket behind the liner notes. If you haven't already, email Waxwork and ask for a replacement. They helped me out when I had the same problem with Rosemary's Baby.

I've never understood Waxwork's policy on this. They incentivise the custotmer to purchase directly through the label with exclusive vsriants. Then they charge extra for shipping, but use sub par mailers. Mondo soes all of the above, but at least their mailers are tanks. Waxwork's preorders routinely arrive after brick and mortar stores and online retailers have them in stock. Often times releases arrive at foreign distributors before folks Stateside get the copies that they ordered direct from Waxwork. That is not cool.

Yeah, I had seam splits and corner dings on mine, too. Also split inside the jacket behind the liner notes. If you haven't already, email Waxwork and ask for a replacement. They helped me out when I had the same problem with Rosemary's Baby.

My copy of Day of the Dead arrived dinged as hell. I didn't ask for a replacement though.

My copy of Day of the Dead arrived dinged as hell. I didn't ask for a replacement though.

I tend not to bother small labels over stuff like this but Waxwork charges a premium for their records and, as Whip mentioned, they incentivize people to order from them directly, so I don't feel too bad in this instance.

Unrelated, I rewatched Creepshow last night. Did Stephen King win the Oscar for his performance or was he just nominated?

I got my Meteor Shit Green and Blood Splattered Cake in today and both were in flawless condition. No dings, bends, seam splits or anything; packed really well. I got worried after reading some of this but I'm pleased to say the least.

And yes, the whole package to these are amazing. Such a great design all around.