Out Now: The Used - Self Titled / In Love and Death Repress

That's hilarious that people are messaging you looking for info regarding represses ha. 

MerchNow variant of their S/T came in today. Glad to see a gatefold sleeve rather than the single like the first press. Also think this variant is by far the best looking. Just went with the retail for IL&D. Didn't really like any of the variants. 

7 minutes ago, ejc625 said:

That's hilarious that people are messaging you looking for info regarding represses ha. 

MerchNow variant of their S/T came in today. Glad to see a gatefold sleeve rather than the single like the first press. Also think this variant is by far the best looking. Just went with the retail for IL&D. Didn't really like any of the variants. 

yup the gatefold is very nice.  i thought they would of fixed the disc1 / disc2 thing and just made it side 1 2 3 4 but oh well.  it also could of been 1 lp if they cut out of silence before the hidden track (like the did with imaginary enemy).  but at least they made it 45rpm to make use of the 2 lps.

welp here they all are in all their glory, as a bonus i even added the original reprise presses.

self titled from left to right:  2009 reprise press, 2016 hopeless repress - merchnow; retail; fye; smartpunk

1_zpsrnm9vfhn.jpg

in love and death from left to right:  2004 reprise pic disc, 2009 reprise repress, 2016 hopeless repress - merchnow; fye; smartpunk; retail

2_zpsscar5brz.jpg

:)

7 minutes ago, tug said:

diff countries have diff release dates of the same thing dude.

Still, they've got different matrix numbers. The difference between the 2009 repress and the 2016 repress on black are just as massive. Lol your collection is actually kind of lame without that original press. 

3 minutes ago, Shlebs said:

Still, they've got different matrix numbers. The difference between the 2009 repress and the 2016 repress on black are just as massive. Lol your collection is actually kind of lame without that original press. 

every country gets their own version, take the cd, its the same thing but russia, mexico, japan, korea, canada all have the exact same cd with a diff barcode. who cares? its the exact same thing. i always buy the usa version and only import if not released in usa (very rare to not be, ie; cassette tapes)

3 minutes ago, tug said:

every country gets their own version, take the cd, its the same thing but russia, mexico, japan, korea, canada all have the exact same cd with a diff barcode. who cares? its the exact same thing. i always buy the usa version and only import if not released in usa (very rare to not be, ie; cassette tapes)

In this case it's the original though and much more special. The one you got is like a lesser clone on older plates lol

1 minute ago, slinch said:

Then why didn't you import the original German pressing before the 2009 US repress came out?

i only started collecting vinyl in 2008 and a year later the US press came out (stickered with 'for the first time on vinyl'). german just happened to get it a little earlier but that always happened with releases until last year when they decided to make all music the same release date world wide.

7 years is really stretching the "little" in "a little earlier", but whatever helps you cope with the fact that you're missing the first pressing which is also proven to be far superior in sound quality.

But I'm happy to learn than 2015 is the year they decided to make all music the same release date world wide.

Edited by slinch

11 minutes ago, slinch said:

7 years is really stretching the "little" in "a little earlier", but whatever helps you cope with the fact that you're missing the first pressing which is also proven to be far superior in sound quality.

But I'm happy to learn than 2015 is the year they decided to make all music the same release date world wide.

i believe it was august 2015 that it was announced that every music release would be released on the same day worldwide (friday was the chosen day)