Hobby Blog

Hello,

I have been thinking about starting a blog for my two hobbies, coin collecting and vinyl record collecting.  I have been looking for a creative outlet to share these hobbies and I was thinking a blog maybe it.  I love to write.  I have had a family newsletter going for 13 years.  I have zero confidence in doing a blog though because there are so many questions.

Who would possibly read my blog?

How do I let people know it is there?

Do I just write about my experiences and knowledge?

Do I treat it like the reader knows nothing about these hobbies and provide facts or just provide websites to look up the facts on their own or both?

Would it be considered appropriate to link to my blog posts on forums?

All the research that I have done on blogging talks about businesses and reaching customers and monetizing, ugh!  I have no interest in these things I just want people who share these interests to be able to read my blog and know there is at least one other person out there who enjoys what they enjoy and if they’re new to either hobby perhaps I can help. 

I already have a platform setup on blogger.com, but I have no idea how good, bad or ugly it is because I haven’t done anything with it.  I have most of a first blog post written I just need to put it all together and hit the button.

Does anyone have any thoughts, comments, words of encouragement, things not to do, etc.?  Anything would be appreciated.

Thank You,

Rich

1 hour ago, Han Solo said:

I'm gonna be honest with you man no one is going to read a blog. Try a more modern platform, like Tiktok

TikTok, that's genius and worth a shot.

20 minutes ago, Boaty McBoatface said:

Please, for the love of all that is holy, step away from the internet. 

HAHAHAHAHA I can't because then I wouldn't be able to help my customers with their computer problems and then I won't get paid and if I don't get paid I don't have money to buy records.

3 hours ago, Shelby said:

You seem to have some sort of NPD going on. I suggest trying to be more self-aware, if you actually want to better yourself it's easier to recognize when you're doing it.

Who do we have money on this being? I'm leaning toward TUG.

Edited by TheGhostOfRandySavage