Interscope Vinyl Collective

jhulud

• 2 weeks later...

Got the Dr. Dre today.  Shipped Fed Ex so it comes quickly but is in a regular record mailer with no padding.  Nice top seam split because they left the records in the sleeve.  The sleeve was one of their selling points…..so that’s cool.  Asking if they can send a replacement sleeve but not holding my breath.  Sleeve is single pocket, for the money and 2 lp it should have been gatefold.  The insert picture of Dre is super low quality.  Haven’t listened to it yet but am already on the fence moving forward.

Edited by ZeroNowhere

54 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Wow, sounds like standard American practice of maximizing profits with low quality garbage 🙃

Spot on.  I did jam side 1/2.  Sounds good.  I’d have to pull my OG to see if it sounds any better but at least the sound isn’t garbage.

On 11/2/2023 at 2:54 PM, roadmonkey said:

honestly why even have a subscription (I question the same with 3rd man vault too where you can also subscribe, then cancel)

Because they're hoping you forget to unsubscribe, just like a gym membership.

source: I have a stack of Jack White live records I will never listen to and no one wants to buy on Discogs

I received my copy of The Chronic today. Without listening to it, my only criticisms are: the mailer is risky especially with no inserts, AND the lack of gatefold is lame. The insert picture is crappy and inner sleeves aren't ideal, but whatever.

Cover art looks awesome. Foil accents are great. Vinyl color is appropriate. 

I'll have to listen to the vinyl to give an accurate /10 rating, but visually it's about a 7/10. Audio quality could make/ break.

I'll remain hopeful that future releases will slightly improve in overall quality. Still on the fence about staying a member, but I probably will just a little longer.

10 hours ago, JohnMatrix said:

Mine came in great condition thankfully but yeah that cheap mailer with no padding was terrible. Definitely should have been a gatefold as well I agree. Pressing sounds great though. Already listened one way through and no complaints here 

New Hard Times headline: "Two Alkaline Trio fans confirm Dr. Dre reissue is almost worth purchase price." 😂 

In seriousness, I'm glad it wasn't completely disappointing. There's hope!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • jhulud changed the title to Interscope Vinyl Collective