What video games have you been playing?

6 hours ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Looks like they're delaying Switch console orders as well - 

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/03/03/nintendo-switch-amazon-preorders-suffer-widespread-delays

That's pretty shitty, most decent retailers would at least say that your order isn't guaranteed for day one if you order past a certain point. Amazon seem to have just left the doors open to rack up orders and then just fulfill them in their own time. Not cool. 

I have been playing BOTW for the last three days on the Wii U and, I LOVE IT! It has been a while since I have liked/played a Zelda game. There is just so much to do, it is a very interesting game. I came across a bear last night and I put a tree between us, peeked around the right side of the tree and got a close range headshot with my bow. 

I got bored of Horizon really fast :( I'm like three hours into the story and already did all the hunting challenges so I have all the top tier weapons. I went from base green weapons to lodge weapons and now I don't see the point in continuing haha. Also really disappointed in how many armor sets there are. Basically no room for fashion or customization on both weapons and armor. :(

14 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

Sigh. Yes. He is a pain as a pyro. 

Yeah he took me a while to beat as well. I'm assuming you're running Great Chaos Fire Orb? Is he just to fast to hit or is he too resistant to the fire spells? From what I remember I absolutely wrecked him with Black Fire Orb and GCFO.

9 minutes ago, dapeebs said:

Yeah he took me a while to beat as well. I'm assuming you're running Great Chaos Fire Orb? Is he just to fast to hit or is he too resistant to the fire spells? From what I remember I absolutely wrecked him with Black Fire Orb and GCFO.

Gcfo. Lothric is just a pain. I managed but I'm a hybrid so it's weird. 

2 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Gcfo. Lothric is just a pain. I managed but I'm a hybrid so it's weird. 

I was the same way. I pretty much was just DEX all the way through but then I realized how OP pyromancy could be so I infused a couple weapons to scale with INT and FTH and managed to make a pretty decent build. Once you get the dodges down it gets easier. I died to him so many times  by rolling right into an attack. Have you made it to the second phase yet?

11 minutes ago, dapeebs said:

I was the same way. I pretty much was just DEX all the way through but then I realized how OP pyromancy could be so I infused a couple weapons to scale with INT and FTH and managed to make a pretty decent build. Once you get the dodges down it gets easier. I died to him so many times  by rolling right into an attack. Have you made it to the second phase yet?

Yeah dex builds are way OP.  This is my fourth character but TP will always be the bane of my dark souls existence. I can get him to second phase in a minute but he always stomps me. I'll get him though. Just gotta take a day or two. I just got my black blade up to ten and am running lightning blade. I'll get this fool. 

Just now, Dave Grohl said:

Yeah dex builds are way OP.  This is my fourth character but TP will always be the bane of my dark souls existence. I can get him to second phase in a minute but he always stomps me. I'll get him though. Just gotta take a day or two. I just got my black blade up to ten and am running lightning blade. I'll get this fool. 

Nice. Just remember in the second phase if you can stagger Lorian so you can get some shots at Lothric, if you kill him, Lorian goes down as well, regardless of where his health is at.

On 3/11/2017 at 8:21 AM, throughbeingcruel said:

Just finished The Last Of Us Remastered (first playthrough ever), and while I think the gameplay seriously lacked in most areas, the story was pretty incredible. I'm very excited for the sequel.

I haven't finished it, but I agree. The story is very strong, but the gameplay is repetitive for the most part. To the point that I haven't brought myself to finish it because of it.

Walk, area with enemies, sneaky beaky mode, knock out enemies, walk further, knock out more enemies, cutscene, repeat.

3 hours ago, HybridxReality said:

I haven't finished it, but I agree. The story is very strong, but the gameplay is repetitive for the most part. To the point that I haven't brought myself to finish it because of it.

Walk, area with enemies, sneaky beaky mode, knock out enemies, walk further, knock out more enemies, cutscene, repeat.

Exactly. Naughty Dog may be the most overrated developer in earth. While I've enjoyed all their games, I'm not a Sony fanboy so I don't see TLOU or Uncharted as exclusives to really brag about. Now if they could match the gameplay to the story, they'd have something special. 

8 hours ago, rooks said:

n725075089_288918_2774.jpg

The developer of Crash Bandicoot, Uncharted, and The Last of Us is overrated?

3 of the most successful IPs in Playstation history.

Crash Bandicoot is one of my all-time favorites for sure, but you cannot tell me that Uncharted and TLOU are worthy of all that hype. Sure, the stories are good. But TLOU was so fucking boring until the second half. The controls are clumsy as fuck, same with Uncharted. I know all the sony fanboys love to talk about how great those games look, but they aren't really anything special outside of their graphics and narratives. Uncharted really isn't even that great of a story honestly, it's just Tomb Raider with a dude, and had it come out against the latest two Tomb Raider games, it wouldn't have nearly as much hype because those new TR games are fucking great. 

I'm not saying they are terrible games, I just disagree with most of the praise. I'm currently playing the first Uncharted (PS4 version) and it's rough as fuck. I've played the first three before and didn't think they were anything special, and all I've heard about the 4th one is how pretty it is. 

To put this into perspective, I've been playing the first Dark Cloud game nonstop and it's more mechanically solid than Uncharted or TLOU. 

I'm not an Uncharted fan myself, but TLOU is one of the best games of all time. You're a 50 yr old dude, the controls should be stiff. The whole thing is superbly compelling and I'm not one of those "muh immersion" people but if you're rushing through the game you're playing it wrong. The gameplay is great if you get in the right headspace and you're scared as fuck of a clicker biting your face off. 

To say the developer is "the most overrated developer on Earth" is insane though. In a video game landscape dominated by recycled garbage like Assassin's Creed and Madden 2k99, having a studio like Naughty Dog putting out consistently good shit that sells millions and millions of copies to critical acclaim is a blessing and shouldn't be waved off just because you don't like one of their series. 

Just saying, don't be silly and tell me Ubisoft and EA and the rest are more worthy of praise than Naughty Dog, a company actually pushing games into new territories and making them feel worthwhile through deep story.

11 hours ago, museummouth said:

Seriously, Naughty Dog is the best developer out there. 

People who say otherwise are people who most likely buy recycled COD and Halo crap each year. 

I can't stand first person shooters and most AAA's and I would not put Naughty Dog in my top ten developers. I get how people like them but the interactive movies they make are not my cup of tea at all. Granted I've really only been attracted to Japanese video game aesthetics since I got my N64 as a kid (I recently realized that 90% of the games I own and enjoy are coincidentally Japanese). There's a couple Western games I can get into but that's more like Ratchet and Clank and stuff. Not trying to start in an argument but I feel like I definitely don't fall into that Call of Duty bro camp.

Also hot damn, this new Zelda is one of the most beautiful pieces of art I have ever experienced. I hope this is a sign of what's to come from Nintendo. The Wii/Wii U era were the dark ages as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Bronchitis