What video games have you been playing?

My advice on last of us -- don't play on hard (I did).

Not that it is THAT difficult, it just gets really repetitive. The story and gameplay are great but there are only about 3 kinds of bad guys and no bosses. Uncharted was the same way if you played those (same game developer).

Best way to play a game like that is on easy -- burn through the levels and keep the story flowing.

My advice on last of us -- don't play on hard (I did).

Not that it is THAT difficult, it just gets really repetitive. The story and gameplay are great but there are only about 3 kinds of bad guys and no bosses. Uncharted was the same way if you played those (same game developer).

Best way to play a game like that is on easy -- burn through the levels and keep the story flowing.

Please nobody do that, Survivor is the only difficulty that makes that game feel like it should.

Please nobody do that, Survivor is the only difficulty that makes that game feel like it should.

Guess we just fundamentally disagree on the quality of the gameplay. You can't disagree there are no more than, what 5 or so types of villains? Evil people, regular infected, clickers, bloaters, and ...? Clickers especially were really cool at first and then after you had stabbed 10 of them, it was the same thing over and over.

Just my sharing my opinion and why. Not like I really care that much if people play on easy or hard.

Guess we just fundamentally disagree on the quality of the gameplay. You can't disagree there are no more than, what 5 or so types of villains? Evil people, regular infected, clickers, bloaters, and ...? Clickers especially were really cool at first and then after you had stabbed 10 of them, it was the same thing over and over.

Just my sharing my opinion and why. Not like I really care that much if people play on easy or hard.

Its a game about survival, the story goes hand in hand with the gameplay and to me playing on easy totally misses the point. There are enough types of enemies, closer to 15 if you don't group humans into one group. Finding 2 bullets in an area where you've gotta get by 10+ enemies just gives me that special feeling that having bullet proof skin and 10 bullets for each enemy can't do. Not tryna playa hate on you, it just makes me sad when anyone plays TLoU that way.

Its a game about survival, the story goes hand in hand with the gameplay and to me playing on easy totally misses the point. There are enough types of enemies, closer to 15 if you don't group humans into one group. Finding 2 bullets in an area where you've gotta get by 10+ enemies just gives me that special feeling that having bullet proof skin and 10 bullets for each enemy can't do. Not tryna playa hate on you, it just makes me sad when anyone plays TLoU that way.

I agree the full experience of survival horror games comes in on harder difficulties but not everybody has the time to devote to some of the grindy-er parts. 

I played on whatever the mid-tier setting was and found it often left suppper repetitive.

With work, I just can't dedicate hours at a time to something like that when I have 4 or 5 other titles sitting there on the shelf.

I'd much rather get to experience the story on easy and actually finish the game than watch the same strange animation for 2 hours a night.

I agree the full experience of survival horror games comes in on harder difficulties but not everybody has the time to devote to some of the grindy-er parts. 

I played on whatever the mid-tier setting was and found it often left suppper repetitive.

With work, I just can't dedicate hours at a time to something like that when I have 4 or 5 other titles sitting there on the shelf.

I'd much rather get to experience the story on easy and actually finish the game than watch the same strange animation for 2 hours a night.

Games like 10 hours long though

Just bought the all the assassins creeds up to black flag (haven't played) been marathoning them, gameplay mechanics piss me off to no end, but i love the storylines and art

also bought pokemon ruby and have been drowning in nostalgia after i resoldered a new battery in it. even named my pokemon the same as it was when i was 8

I just beat Rad Racer last night.  The ending was anti-climactic, as my NES glitched when I was turning the game on last week & when I powered it on, it showed the ending.  So I'd already seen it.  But still a solid accomplishment.  

p.s.  You can continue if you hold A when you press start after a loss.

Anyone here make it to PAX East?

I was there, Played some rad games.

Injustice (Can't remember the last time I had so much fun with a fighting game)

Need For Speed Rivals: Balls out fun racing

South Park: really awesome

Dark Souls II: Got through the tutorials and kept dying at the fuckign albino rat/mole things

I was there, Played some rad games.

Injustice (Can't remember the last time I had so much fun with a fighting game)

Buddy loaned me this. Fired it up this morning. Couldn't make it through the tutorial before I was bored.

Think fighting games were pretty cool up to about the playstation/n64 years, but then the ability to create 3d worlds left them as relics. I guess some people still enjoy them or they wouldn't keep making them, but I have been thoroughly unimpressed by any of them since the first couple mortal kombats.

Being in school I haven't been able to play many videogames, and getting older you get responsibilities and there are bills to pay, blah blah blah.

Last weekend I took a break from studying and pulled out Battlefield Bad Company 2 and tore it up with a friend on xbox. Aside from pwning n00bz I was trying to grind out the last cheevo for Tropico 4 but became too bored and gave up

Buddy loaned me this. Fired it up this morning. Couldn't make it through the tutorial before I was bored.

Think fighting games were pretty cool up to about the playstation/n64 years, but then the ability to create 3d worlds left them as relics. I guess some people still enjoy them or they wouldn't keep making them, but I have been thoroughly unimpressed by any of them since the first couple mortal kombats.

Have you played Marvel vs. Capcom 2? It came out in the 3d generation and it pretty universally regarded as one of the best, if not the best, fighting game of all time. Tekken and Soul Caliber are also very good series. Power Stone was fun, and unique to boot. It's kind of like a hybrid between a standard fighter and an action rpg. Check them out if you haven't.

Speaking of fighting games, does anyone remember Ehrgeiz? I must have rented that game 5 times.