What video games have you been playing?

Have you played Marvel vs. Capcom 2? It came out in the 3d generation and it pretty universally regarded as one of the best, if not the best, fighting game of all time. Tekken and Soul Caliber are also very good series. Power Stone was fun, and unique to boot. It's kind of like a hybrid between a standard fighter and an action rpg. Check them out if you haven't.

Speaking of fighting games, does anyone remember Ehrgeiz? I must have rented that game 5 times.

No I haven't. Tekken was pretty cool but I don't think it was great. It was in that intermediate period (playstation, n64, dreamcast era) where the RPGs and sports games weren't at the level they are at today.

I still think my general point is true regardless of a shining star here and there -- the format of the fighting game is kind of obsolete today. The Arkham / God of War style games are so much better. They combine the elements of the old style fighting games and the RPG. Being locked into 2 dimensions just doesn't work anymore and they are so repetitive.

I've got a ps4 and no game (yet). Gonna cash in the 14 day trial of ps+ tonight. What should I download?

Resogun is semi-mindless fun. Warframe is supposed to be a pretty good game as well, but I only had a chance to play for about an hour or so due to MUT addiction.  I also played some Contrast, but haven't re-visited it for the same reason as Warframe haha. Oh yeah, there is always DC Universe Online.

Haven't played Mercernary Kings yet, but it looks cool.

Bought a PS4 this weekend for seemingly no reason. No multiplayer games yet, but, anyone else playing online?

Haven't decided between KillZone, BF4, and CoD... trying to hold off until Watchdogs comes out but I may cave. Suggestions?

Also, feel free to add me, PSN is Two_Rooks

I got BF4 on launch day but it was so buggy I have played in months. I'm waiting on Watch_Dogs as well. I'll add you when I get home from work, I'm JWiLL1988

I've heard some stuff about Sony working on making a backwards compatible PS4. I'm waiting to see what becomes of that before I get one. If it happens, I want to wait because since 2006 I've said "I will get one soon" and still haven't. But I've played lots of games on there that I really love. If they devise some way to do it, I'll wait it out. Haven't gotten to play the PS4 yet but everything about it looks and sounds great.

I've heard some stuff about Sony working on making a backwards compatible PS4. I'm waiting to see what becomes of that before I get one. If it happens, I want to wait because since 2006 I've said "I will get one soon" and still haven't. But I've played lots of games on there that I really love. If they devise some way to do it, I'll wait it out. Haven't gotten to play the PS4 yet but everything about it looks and sounds great.

I think they are doing this through PS NOW in a few months/weeks.  It will have a huge library of PS3 games up for stream with a rental (I think it will be $4.99 for a month for most games) or a subscription fee (undisclosed $ amount) for unlimited access to the library.

If it turns out to be some sort of Netflix like thing like $10 a month for unlimited access of PS3 games I'll be too happy. I missed out on so many PS exclusives having an xbox all these years.

I think they are doing this through PS NOW in a few months/weeks. It will have a huge library of PS3 games up for stream with a rental (I think it will be $4.99 for a month for most games) or a subscription fee (undisclosed $ amount) for unlimited access to the library.

This is accurate. They have no reason to physically alter the hardware. They have the less expensive console and are outselling the Xbox One by about 2 million units already. Adding PS3 disc compatibility would only raise the cost of manufacturing PS4's which would have to be pushed onto consumers. No need to fix what isn't broken.

PSNOW will solve all backwards compatibility issues. Not to mention the enhanced version of the best PS3 game already being released in a few months (The Last of Us).