Jump to content
jayeffscene

What video games have you been playing?

Recommended Posts

On 12/20/2018 at 9:54 PM, Thomas³ said:

I've been playing Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, but I don't know if I can keep playing it. Playing with headphones makes my anxiety act up. The psychosis hits too close to home. 

Just wanted to say I finished this last weekend. And what an experience it was. It was the first game I threw in once I got my One X. Visuals are stunning. But that aside, it also hit close to home for me. Defeating the darkness. Psychosis. All of it. Its subject matter was handled very well. Despite it being a relatively short story, it took me a number of weeks to finish because I would play it for like an hour and become so tense and anxious that I had to put it down, step away, and collect myself. Took me many play sessions to get through it in full. But I'm glad I did. What a special game.

 

Past few nights, I've tried to focus on a light-hearted game. Been playing Yoku's Island Express on my Switch. Took me a while to get into it but stuck with it, and I'm really enjoying the game thus far.

Edited by The Saint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Saint said:

Past few nights, I've tried to focus on a light-hearted game. Been playing Yoku's Island Express on my Switch. Took me a while to get into it but stuck with it, and I'm really enjoying the game thus far.

I was working towards the PS4 platinum for that and took a break at around 70%. It’s such a blast. Need to get back to it after Kingdom Hearts 3 and RE2, which are both incredible. Just started KH, but I’m almost done with Leon’s campaign in RE. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, EltonPey said:

Been sucked into WoW again. New patch, new raid, you know how it is. Any other World Of Warcraft nerds in the community? haha

I can’t stand post-Wrath WoW but god damnit if I’m not salivating at the thought of WoW classic dropping. I will willingly hand over my life to that game when it is released. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My dude has a Switch - anyone on here remember me and play either Mario Kart or Splatoon 2? I am also the worlds worst Fortnite player but I am learning it so I can play it with my older nephews in squads. Sucking at the game, but still playing, has proven to get me to coolest Uncle status. I'd swap screen names or account info with old-VC friends by message. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2019 at 2:01 PM, The Saint said:

Just wanted to say I finished this last weekend. And what an experience it was. It was the first game I threw in once I got my One X. Visuals are stunning. But that aside, it also hit close to home for me. Defeating the darkness. Psychosis. All of it. Its subject matter was handled very well. Despite it being a relatively short story, it took me a number of weeks to finish because I would play it for like an hour and become so tense and anxious that I had to put it down, step away, and collect myself. Took me many play sessions to get through it in full. But I'm glad I did. What a special game.

 

Past few nights, I've tried to focus on a light-hearted game. Been playing Yoku's Island Express on my Switch. Took me a while to get into it but stuck with it, and I'm really enjoying the game thus far.)

Missed your post. I have yet to revisit it, but maybe I should. You experience is very similar to mine (obviously). I will finish it. 

 

On 2/6/2019 at 7:08 PM, Reshiram said:

Anyone gonna try Apex Legends? It looks like it might be the best of all these battle royals, but I've never played Titanfall.

I played it a bit yesterday. It is great. Never played Titanfall, so I'm getting used to the gun play and such. Despite getting destroyed most of the time, I'm really enjoying it.
 

Titanfall 2 is on sale for $4.50 on xbox live, so grabbed that. Heard great things about the story and play Apex Legends made me want to try similar gunplay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picked up RE2 Friday and beat Leon's story just now. Incredible game. Anyone else get anxiety when Mr. X's music plays? That mixed with those fucking footsteps makes me get a pit in my stomach. Can't say I've ever really felt that way playing a video game before 

Edited by pizza face

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, pizza face said:

Picked up RE2 Friday and beat Leon's story just now. Incredible game. Anyone else get anxiety when Mr. X's music plays? That mixed with those fucking footsteps makes me get a pit in my stomach. Can't say I've ever really felt that way playing a video game before 

It's great, especially how it gets more dynamic when he's in the same room as you. I love hearing for his footsteps too, he's a great part of the game. I finished Leon's story a couple weeks ago and started Claire B, I was zooming past everything and haven't touched it in awhile. Gotta jump back in soon. It's not as fun the second time around, even if there are some different elements unique to each character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, pepperonigin said:

It's great, especially how it gets more dynamic when he's in the same room as you. I love hearing for his footsteps too, he's a great part of the game. I finished Leon's story a couple weeks ago and started Claire B, I was zooming past everything and haven't touched it in awhile. Gotta jump back in soon. It's not as fun the second time around, even if there are some different elements unique to each character.

Yeah I'll play Claire's story but probably won't do the 2nd runs. I'll try to find differences online and see if it's worth it. Kinda wish I killed more zombies the first time around I had so much ammo leftover (normal difficulty). Maybe I'll attempt hardcore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, pizza face said:

Yeah I'll play Claire's story but probably won't do the 2nd runs. I'll try to find differences online and see if it's worth it. Kinda wish I killed more zombies the first time around I had so much ammo leftover (normal difficulty). Maybe I'll attempt hardcore. 

It's definitely different, there are more zombies and Mr X appears much quicker. But it's meant to be shorter I think. It's worth it for sure and you can open up in game bonuses by finishing all paths.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 2/6/2019 at 1:28 PM, jerseydave77 said:

My dude has a Switch - anyone on here remember me and play either Mario Kart or Splatoon 2? I am also the worlds worst Fortnite player but I am learning it so I can play it with my older nephews in squads. Sucking at the game, but still playing, has proven to get me to coolest Uncle status. I'd swap screen names or account info with old-VC friends by message. 

My nephew’s friends make fun of me for being an adult and playing Fortnite with them while they destroy me. 

 

On 2/9/2019 at 10:35 AM, Rip said:

Still working through Kingdom Hearts.  17 hours in and I’ve only visited 3 worlds so far.  Getting all the treasures and lucky emblems as I go so that adds to the time.  This can take as long as it wants though.  I wanna savor and enjoy every second.

How are you liking it so far? I’m still torn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bronchitis said:

How are you liking it so far? I’m still torn.

 

Loving it.  But I mean, let’s be honest: at this point, nostalgia is what is making this game so good.  The dialogue is cringey, and besides the cutscenes, it doesn’t look AMAZING.  It also has one of the most confusing, hard to follow storylines I’ve ever experienced.

 

But playing this is making me feel like a kid again.  All the feelings of playing the first 2 come flooding back everytime I boot it up.  As goofy and cringey as the dialogue is, I love all of the characters so much.  And as confusing as the story is, it really is great and engaging if you can follow it.  And really, the basic concept is just “light vs. dark.”

 

When it comes down to it, yeah, I wish they would have picked better worlds for this one.  Pirates of the Caribbean feels like one of the most unnecessary worlds they could have put in out of all the other choices.  We already had that world in KH2 anyways.  No need to revisit.  But all around, I’m having a great time and I’m going to be pretty sad when it’s all over.

Edited by Rip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, pizza face said:

Yeah I'll play Claire's story but probably won't do the 2nd runs. I'll try to find differences online and see if it's worth it. Kinda wish I killed more zombies the first time around I had so much ammo leftover (normal difficulty). Maybe I'll attempt hardcore. 

 

20 hours ago, pepperonigin said:

It's definitely different, there are more zombies and Mr X appears much quicker. But it's meant to be shorter I think. It's worth it for sure and you can open up in game bonuses by finishing all paths.

I’m almost done with Claire B and man, it’s way different. Mr. X shows up within like 40 minutes, and he follows you into most of the rooms that don’t have typewriters. Same with lickers. I thought it was a lot harder for the first few hours, but I just got the ‘nade launcher so it’s plateaued a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone needs a switch pro cintroller, Target price matched ($42.99) this website for me today in store: https://gowarehouse.net/products/nintendo-pro-wireless-controller-for-switch

 

So I'm told that website is a scam, don't order from them but it worked for me to price match. Worth a try.

 

Edited by MachoHommeRandallSauvage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2019 at 4:15 PM, Rip said:

 

Loving it.  But I mean, let’s be honest: at this point, nostalgia is what is making this game so good.  The dialogue is cringey, and besides the cutscenes, it doesn’t look AMAZING.  It also has one of the most confusing, hard to follow storylines I’ve ever experienced.

 

But playing this is making me feel like a kid again.  All the feelings of playing the first 2 come flooding back everytime I boot it up.  As goofy and cringey as the dialogue is, I love all of the characters so much.  And as confusing as the story is, it really is great and engaging if you can follow it.  And really, the basic concept is just “light vs. dark.”

 

When it comes down to it, yeah, I wish they would have picked better worlds for this one.  Pirates of the Caribbean feels like one of the most unnecessary worlds they could have put in out of all the other choices.  We already had that world in KH2 anyways.  No need to revisit.  But all around, I’m having a great time and I’m going to be pretty sad when it’s all over.

I mostly realized how bad of an idea it was to play 3 after having not played 2 in 13ish years or all the games in between. Big mistake. I will probably go through the series over the next year while waiting for KH3 DLC/Final Mix. Incredibly fun game albeit far too easy.

 

I picked up Final Fantasy IX the day it was released on the Switch. I have the PS1 version but never made it too far into it and have to say I am absolutely in love after putting in a few hours. It checks nearly every box that makes a game good to me - no VA, incredible music, great story/characters, beautiful graphics (I’m aware of how subjective it is and that a lot of people wouldn’t say that about PS1 graphics), and most of all, very fun gameplay. I didn’t grow up with FF VII so there’s no nostalgia there and honestly don’t really like it, but will buy that too when it is released. Hopefully I enjoy it now after not playing it for a couple years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Bronchitis said:

I mostly realized how bad of an idea it was to play 3 after having not played 2 in 13ish years or all the games in between. Big mistake. I will probably go through the series over the next year while waiting for KH3 DLC/Final Mix. Incredibly fun game albeit far too easy.

 

I finished it last weekend and it gets so much better after all the Disney worlds.  Ending left me with my jaw on the floor.  I need more right now.

 

Started playing Katamari Damacy: REROLL for the Switch.  So good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bronchitis said:

I mostly realized how bad of an idea it was to play 3 after having not played 2 in 13ish years or all the games in between. Big mistake. I will probably go through the series over the next year while waiting for KH3 DLC/Final Mix. Incredibly fun game albeit far too easy.

 

I picked up Final Fantasy IX the day it was released on the Switch. I have the PS1 version but never made it too far into it and have to say I am absolutely in love after putting in a few hours. It checks nearly every box that makes a game good to me - no VA, incredible music, great story/characters, beautiful graphics (I’m aware of how subjective it is and that a lot of people wouldn’t say that about PS1 graphics), and most of all, very fun gameplay. I didn’t grow up with FF VII so there’s no nostalgia there and honestly don’t really like it, but will buy that too when it is released. Hopefully I enjoy it now after not playing it for a couple years. 

FFIII and FFVIII are my nostalgia Final Fantasies, I don't think I ever finished VII, so I'll be playing it fully through on Switch release. I think I still have ps1 copies of VII, VIII, and IX laying around somewhere.

 

Like you, I grabbed IX for the switch immediately but I'm holding off on getting into it until I finally finish off DK Tropical Freeze. I only have a few levels left in the last world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

FFIII and FFVIII are my nostalgia Final Fantasies, I don't think I ever finished VII, so I'll be playing it fully through on Switch release. I think I still have ps1 copies of VII, VIII, and IX laying around somewhere.

 

Like you, I grabbed IX for the switch immediately but I'm holding off on getting into it until I finally finish off DK Tropical Freeze. I only have a few levels left in the last world.

That’s so weird, I just beat Tropical Freeze the night before I started FFIX!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×