Official PEARL JAM Thread: Catch-All for all releases and related and 10C entitlement shenanigans

2 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

It is painful to look at the 10C boards, right now. So many pointless, duplicate threads and idiotic bitching and arguing. I get people are excited, but the barrage of fretting and frothing at the mouth is too much. Thank you for reading my bitch about people bitching post. Had to get it out. Carry on.

Duuuuuuuuude...

The non-stop whining about the tour dates and prices and process and lottery for 10C makes it clear that basic reading comprehension is severely lacking for a lot of folks there. 

Haha - tons of bitching over there. HOWEVER, I am a bit sympathetic, as a fellow 10C member, that we are pretty much getting hosed on the membership. The shipping price snafu was ridiculous, as is the all-in cost for the exclusive 10C vinyl. Coming from a band that raged against this sort of price gouging in the 90s it is a little tough to swallow. I swallowed it, but I did feel like I was being taken advantage of/taken for granted.

My membership number is high enough that I already know the two GA shows I put in for are going to dump me into the nosebleeds and I'll lose money trying to sell at least one of them on the fan2fan, while still paying them $30/year. I did it anyway to be optimistic, but I could feel their fingers in my pockets.

Uh...so I was checking my USPS tracking thing email I get everyday for incoming mail...and noticed that I am receiving a package from 10C today...went to my order history on my account and noticed that my Dark Matter order was marked shipped...but I did order the LP and the 7" single...so safe to assume that it's the 7" single that's being shipped out now?

I also ordered them together but was also charged separate shipping for each as usual for Ten Club. I checked my account and it shows the 7" as shipped w/ tracking info but not the LP, of course. Mine was shipped via UPS and is showing it'll be delivered today. But it doesn't show up on my daily USPS e-mail, not that I'd expect it to. So anyway, yep, it'll just be the single.

36 minutes ago, DC1221 said:

Well 25 years of being in 10C and I'm done. Got shut out of all Philly and NYC dates. Just not worth it anymore.

Damn...I am so sorry. 

I've been in 10C since '96 or so...and always got lucky with getting tix...at least for all FL shows they've done. This time around I figure to try out and late birthday gift myself to catch them in Chicago and Boston, and got lucky & got all 4 nights. 

Now I have to pay up or shut up. 

I was lucky enough to score P1 tickets to Golden 1. I hoped I would get them, but figured I'd find another way if I didn't. 

The people on 10c bitching over losing a fucking lottery is just pathetic. I told my wife that people were pissed on 10c, and she said, "Aren't they always pissed?"

1 hour ago, lexicondevil said:

The people on 10c bitching over losing a fucking lottery is just pathetic. I told my wife that people were pissed on 10c, and she said, "Aren't they always pissed?"

Yeah. It’s been a chore to read through all the bitching & whining. What’s been really upsetting me is how some people are super happy to have scored tix & it’s their first time to see PJ ever but then come the entitled crybabies raining on their parades. 

And your wife is spot-on making that point. It’s always the negativity & whining that are louder than the positivity & happiness. 

1 hour ago, Sad Heart said:

Supposedly closer to the show date a lot of seats will be “normal” price and not PJ Premium tickets. I have no idea what premium tickets means other than they’re expensive. 

From what I have been reading so far, "Premium Tickets" is the same thing as the "Official Platinum" thing that TM does. So same thing, just different name. 

2 hours ago, Sad Heart said:

Supposedly closer to the show date a lot of seats will be “normal” price and not PJ Premium tickets. I have no idea what premium tickets means other than they’re expensive. 

My plan, if I didn't get in the lottery, was to buy tickets day of or right before the show. People have reported this being a good strategy. Little stressful, especially if booking a hotel and traveling.

3 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

My plan, if I didn't get in the lottery, was to buy tickets day of or right before the show. People have reported this being a good strategy. Little stressful, especially if booking a hotel and traveling.

I've been doing that lately with any show I want to see - find someone desperate to dump tickets

• 4 weeks later...