so is anyone into collection prints/posters also?

coldober

my roommate is framing the three 7" that come with TOYPAJ, and he's doing the 7" separate from the sleeve, in two separate frames.

After his coupons it's costing him $250 ( from $371) and I'm just like, well, not sure.

I'll post pictures in a few weeks when he gets it back!

haw.  bet they are going to ruin the records and or sleeves in the process.  can't wait to see this.

my roommate is framing the three 7" that come with TOYPAJ, and he's doing the 7" separate from the sleeve, in two separate frames.

After his coupons it's costing him $250 ( from $371) and I'm just like, well, not sure.

I'll post pictures in a few weeks when he gets it back!

Is he doing each thing in its own frame or one frame for the 7"s and one for the sleeve?

Just out of curiosity: do you poster/print-collecting guys put all of them on walls? I mean, one could argue that it's about collecting, but I wouldn't see any sense in prints/posters if one doesn't hang them up. And some here seem to have so many posters/prints, you guys must have huge places :)

Most of the prints that have frames go on the walls. We just repainted our living room so I moved some around. Since I have so many it took a few tries to fit all the ones I wanted on one wall and I'm still trying to find spots for more of them. I also have a lot of odd sized prints that are not framed yet so they are just sitting in a room waiting to be shown off. I share a 3 bedroom house with my BF so yeah, we have plenty of space for them. If there is anything I don't want I would trade, sell or give away. 

Just out of curiosity: do you poster/print-collecting guys put all of them on walls? I mean, one could argue that it's about collecting, but I wouldn't see any sense in prints/posters if one doesn't hang them up. And some here seem to have so many posters/prints, you guys must have huge places :)

You should see my buddy's apartment.  He has two walls entirely covered in Terror posters/prints/show bills/etc. 

That is super rad! What is it? I want it!

It's from an artist named Bask.  It's titled "When It Rains It Pours".  Originally gained popularity when Robert Downey Jr. commissioned him to do a 15-foot tall version (same as the giclee pictured below) for the set of the movie Iron Man 3.  Just dropped here about an hour ago and sold out right away.  Edition of only 30 yet all were handmade, hand assembled and each piece is unique.  Took about 100 hours for him and his partner to complete all 30.  Seems a little pricey on the face of it ($475 shipped) but when you factor in the cost of many original works, I definitely think it was priced lower than it could have been.

http://1xrun.com/runs/When_It_Rains_It_Pours_-_Hand-Painted_Multiples

I'm such a big fan of this particular piece of artwork that I've also got the giclee that was released last year.

1xRun_Bask_When-it-Rains-it-Pours_Web01.

I'm thinking about getting some of these printed up - 2 color silkscreen on a vintage cream cardstock.  Most likely will be 18x24, and will be the first in a series of posters that are of the same style, but feature different subject manner.  This one is obviously a good old fashioned camping/outdoors one.  Would anyone be interested in this sort of thing?

1782549_10153941121690526_399065836_o.jp