Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?

I have a dilemna. I bought a record and 3 posters from Saddle Creek. I even paid extra for a poster tube, they sent two posters in the tube and fucking folded one and put it with the record in the mailer. I wouldn't be mad if it wasn't the poster I was most excited about and that I paid extra for the tube. Do I email them??

I would email them if it happened to me.  If they couldn't fit all three in the poster tube, they should have emailed you and let you decide what to do.

Still living the dream with SRC.  Now two weeks in and still waiting for the records that couldn't be cancelled because they'd "already shipped".  Kinda curious what their shipping method was.  Carrier pigeon?

So, after emailing Danny about three times over the last couple weeks about the records that had "already shipped", and without any response from him, I suddenly got a full Paypal refund from SRC.  So, I guess that answers the question of whether they had really ever shipped.  Which, for me, raises more questions like:

- Did he know the records hadn't really shipped when he originally told me they had and that the order couldn't be canceled?

- If so, why didn't he make sure they actually DID ship at some point, especially considering I was bugging him with emails?

- Or did he never really even look into it until I bugged him several times?

Glad I finally got the refund, since I never got the records.  But just a real strange way for someone to do business. 

I have a dilemna. I bought a record and 3 posters from Saddle Creek. I even paid extra for a poster tube, they sent two posters in the tube and fucking folded one and put it with the record in the mailer. I wouldn't be mad if it wasn't the poster I was most excited about and that I paid extra for the tube. Do I email them??

The tube had soooo much room left, these were half sized posters (NEVER SPECIFIED THAT SHIT BY THE WAY.)

Maybe they did that because those certain posters had already been folded to be sent to them... so rather than try to uncrease them, they just sent them as is.  That would make perfect sense.  It would have creases anyway, so what's the point?  They probably put flat posters in the tube and sent the already folded one folded.

*edit* Just saw your last update and cool that they sorted it out hassle-free, I just thought that it would be reasonable to send an already folded poster that way, than to mess it up trying to uncrease it, just to put it in a tube, when it's going to have creases anyway.

Maybe they did that because those certain posters had already been folded to be sent to them... so rather than try to uncrease them, they just sent them as is. That would make perfect sense. It would have creases anyway, so what's the point? They probably put flat posters in the tube and sent the already folded one folded.

*edit* Just saw your last update and cool that they sorted it out hassle-free, I just thought that it would be reasonable to send an already folded poster that way, than to mess it up trying to uncrease it, just to put it in a tube, when it's going to have creases anyway.

I tried quoting myself but it deleted it instead. They're sending me a nonfolded one for free.

Broken World Media sucks. Orders the Rozwell Kid repress and got a shipping email a few days later that was for someone else's name and address. I wrote back saying it was wrong and all I got was "that's not your order, it has nothing to do with it." So I've asked for tracking for my order and got no response. A few days later I emailed again and still no response or package.

Broken World Media sucks. Orders the Rozwell Kid repress and got a shipping email a few days later that was for someone else's name and address. I wrote back saying it was wrong and all I got was "that's not your order, it has nothing to do with it." So I've asked for tracking for my order and got no response. A few days later I emailed again and still no response or package.

I keep seeing "a few days"... Chill.

Same thing happened to me, still got my stuff no problem I think you'll be ok not watching your package go from city to city :P

Edit: Isn't the repress not even in stock yet? They just put it up.

Another backer of BWM. They've had a few hiccups but overall for the amount of business they must do, they're an awesome label. Lots of great bands too. Never had an issue with them.

On the other hand Ozona records, not so much. Ordered on November 23 and still hasn't been shipped out with no emails or anything.

I've still got 4 unanswered emails from them and my order supposedly shipped 15 days ago.

Now imagine everyone that orders from them sending them four emails.... If you're doing a high volume of stuff as a DIY operation, there comes a point where answering people's email questions about their orders hinders actually getting them their orders, y'know?

So the thing with BWM got straightened out. The communication was just a bit confusing but my LP just shipped.

I don't think I've posted about it in here, but I had been trying to get BWM to send me my TWIABP preorder for the past few months. I happen to order stuff from them fairly regularly so they were convinced they had already shipped it out a while back. After providing them with a reference of my past orders, the tracking numbers for them, and what had been received Derrick and Dave got me squared away. Got the LP in yesterday (combined with one other order I was waiting on as well) and they threw in two extra LPs and three 7 inches.

I'd say any hiccups are definitely related to growing pains, these dudes are legit awesome guys that care about their fans. Will not hesitate to keep ordering plenty of stuff from them.

• jhulud changed the title to Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?