Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?

even though many posts on here seem to be about SRC's terrible customer service, they sell an amazing amount of records to people who continue to order from them!

I quit ordering from them. I ordered from them a couple of times and when I put out a good amount of money for a few records, I expect them to at least put in some care in shipping them. A dinged corner is expected almost all the time, but every time I order from them there are creases in the corners from lack of proper packaging.

Aural Exploits is anything but smooth with their customer service, in the end they've always come through for me but it takes forever and lots of reminders.

i really wish i would have checked this thread before i ordered from them. my order has been processing since april 9th. they won't respond emails and they don't pick up the phone.

even though many posts on here seem to be about SRC's terrible customer service, they sell an amazing amount of records to people who continue to order from them!

I quit ordering from them. I ordered from them a couple of times and when I put out a good amount of money for a few records, I expect them to at least put in some care in shipping them. A dinged corner is expected almost all the time, but every time I order from them there are creases in the corners from lack of proper packaging.

so not true!

so not true!

What is not true? That I get bent/creased covers from them?

Can someone please explain this to me or tell me if I'm missing something?

I'm checking out the Touche Amore/La Dispute 7" on SRC (http://www.shopradiocast.com/products/Touche-Amore%7B47%7DLa-Dispute-%252d-Searching-For-A-Pulse%7B47%7DThe-Worth-Of-The-World-7%22.html). Each variant is for sale at $6.50. However, when I click the "Buy Both & Save" radio button the price is $16.00. I'm no math genius, but I'm pretty sure that 6.5 + 6.5 does NOT equal 16. That's clearly not saving. That's charging more.

Am I the idiot for missing something, or is SRC the idiot for not knowing basic math?

I just got Tigers Jaw s/t from Sound Stage Direct because they were the last place that had it online. A little bummed about $5 shipping for a single LP, but I just got the package, and wow. Best packing job ever, the mailer alone probably cost a few dollars. They're definitely the webstore I'll go to first if I ever need to buy any unnecessary $20 reissues.

this exactly. i ordered copleland from them when they found a few of the colors. the record itself plays just fine but the jacket and sleeve are beat to shit. a single lp in a mailer with no cardboard or bubble wrap is bad news. they shipped it fast, i'll give them that. however, i will never order from them again.

Only ordered with SRC once so far and my order went missing in the mail. But they ended up sending out everything again so that was awesome.

Recently received a damaged record from B9 and I got this reply when I inquired:

"hey adam,

hmmm. very sorry about that. can you please smash up the record, send a pic then i'll mail a replacement to you?"

Does that seem kinda weird to anyone else?

Only ordered with SRC once so far and my order went missing in the mail. But they ended up sending out everything again so that was awesome.

Recently received a damaged record from B9 and I got this reply when I inquired:

"hey adam,

hmmm. very sorry about that. can you please smash up the record, send a pic then i'll mail a replacement to you?"

....................wow..... fishy

"hey adam,

probably so they can submit a request to be reimbursed.

probably so they can submit a request to be reimbursed.

Yes, or can be seen as "Yeah right, it arrived damaged. Why don't you break it and send us a picture..." Hope your assumption is right, I'm waiting on an order from them, first time buyng

I have mixed experience with Pendu Sound Recordings. First time i ordered a record everything went fine. A bit more than a year ago I made a preorder and still haven't received the record. E-mailed the guy numerous times, he said he will send it, but apparently he never did that - and now the record is sold out. Fucker...

that's because Todd Brooks is a total piece of shit. (owner of the label)

• jhulud changed the title to Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?