Mare Vitalis

I miss Bug Jar :(

i saw Appleseed Cast there this past fall and it was a life-changing experience. Hearing Mare Vitalis in full should be nothing short of revelatory.

i saw Appleseed Cast there this past fall and it was a life-changing experience. Hearing Mare Vitalis in full should be nothing short of revelatory.

Nice! I can't even remember when I saw them there, but I must have been about 21, so like...8 years ago? Saw Old Canes there too (I know, sore subject for this board ;) )

I miss all the good, cheap shows that would go through there.

Yikes. Have never listened to Dads, but the face the girlfriend made when I inquired about them was pretty priceless. Apparently they're terrible? Looked around online and have found almost zero positive reception. Weren't there some fairly hyped threads for their releases here at VC?

Openening band be damned, I stil think it'll be entirely worth the effort and drive to see Appleseed. I just don't think I've seen such an overwhelming amount of hate for any band on a bill I've attended.

Yikes. Have never listened to Dads, but the face the girlfriend made when I inquired about them was pretty priceless. Apparently they're terrible? Looked around online and have found almost zero positive reception. Weren't there some fairly hyped threads for their releases here at VC?

Openening band be damned, I stil think it'll be entirely worth the effort and drive to see Appleseed. I just don't think I've seen such an overwhelming amount of hate for any band on a bill I've attended.

Yeah, I don't even necessarily hate them, just would rather drink "free" beer at home rather than see them play.

They have a few jams (literally only a few), and have done some super shady stuff over the years.  I'm not a fan, but I do think a lot of people who talk shit about them only do it because it's basically cool to not like them at this point.

Samesies. I plan on getting there about 1/2 hour or I so before TAC to get a burger and beers, after pregaming a little at my place and a nice walk over to the venue :)

Same for me.

They have a few jams (literally only a few), and have done some super shady stuff over the years. I'm not a fan, but I do think a lot of people who talk shit about them only do it because it's basically cool to not like them at this point.

They're just not my thing and I would rather not be another asshole in the crowd not enjoying myself. Plus some of that stuff from that supposed Tumblr...yikes!

The shady business intrigues me.  I try not to associate a band's personality with their music, but sometimes it can be difficult.

Seems kinda weird to me to tour an anniversary of a record when 3/4 of the current band had nothing to do with it. Or I'm just jealous of you all.

I can see where you're coming from.  To be fair, they did play Fishing the Sky and Forever Longing the Golden Sunsets when I saw them last - with the current lineup - and they honestly never sounded better.  I get that it's more of a matter of principle, but it's tough to contain excitement when they play older material as well as they do.

Seems kinda weird to me to tour an anniversary of a record when 3/4 of the current band had nothing to do with it. Or I'm just jealous of you all.

I think in a scenario like this it isn't odd to me at all.  It's not like TAC were inactive for 7 years and Chris got some random people together for a tour.  Lineups change, this feels more like a fun way to celebrate the album and less like easy cash grab.