The Walking Dead

mcm1610

I thought last nights episode was good. Good to see Rick be the the boss in the opening scene against Tyrese.

Also, the train wreck that Marilyn Manson was on the Talking Dead.

I had to turn the Talking Dead off fifteen minutes in. Manson was so incredibly irritating. It seemed as if he were making a concentrated effort to be mildly edgy/offensive and unique. He appeared desperate for attention.

I had to turn the Talking Dead off fifteen minutes in. Manson was so incredibly irritating. It seemed as if he were making a concentrated effort to be mildly edgy/offensive and unique. He appeared desperate for attention.

also extremely bloated.

the best part was when chris hardwick towards the end just flat out kept repeating that he had no idea what he was talking about ahaha.

for people who didn't watch, this article transcribed most of his whackadoodle quotes:

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/10/28/what-marilyn-manson-said-on-talking-dead-about-walking-dead/

I've having mixed feelings about the season so far. It's interesting that the "enemy" is now internal with the "disease" that's slowly infecting them and killing them off, but it feels a forced plot point to spin things differently.

It may have been on Talking Dead that was mentioned, but they're all basically fucked. Walkers to contend with on the outside and a plague now on the inside of the jail.

And then of course the expected & cliched suspense point of hearing the radio broadcast when they were driving and encountered the mega-herd.

I don't think the disease will be a part of the whole season. I'd guess that between that and the "herd" it'll be what forces them out of the prison. It also is a convenient way to kill of a whole bunch of people quickly, which I think would be logistically necessary if you are going back out on the road. 

I've been into the first three episodes so far. 

i like the idea of the disease, because it fits with real life.  the premise of TWD (at least the comics, and the jumping off point for the show) is dealing with real life and the long term aftermath of a zombie outbreak, not just the immediate repurcussions with which most zombie movies deal. a viral/bacterial outbreak is a very real threat, zombies or not, and poses just as much if not more of a problem for them because it's not a thing that they can methodically tackle and kill (without the proper medical supplies, of course). even when you think you have the threat handled, something else can and will always go wrong.

i wish she had had a microphone to drop.

seriously.

but that made her freakout with the rain barrel make even more sense. she killed two humans for the greater good, and people still got sick and died, including one of the little girls...no matter what she does, no matter how hard she tries, she cannot protect everyone. she can't save everyone. she can't fix what happened with sophia.

also extremely bloated.

the best part was when chris hardwick towards the end just flat out kept repeating that he had no idea what he was talking about ahaha.

for people who didn't watch, this article transcribed most of his whackadoodle quotes:

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/10/28/what-marilyn-manson-said-on-talking-dead-about-walking-dead/

HaHa! The part where he talks about Daryl and Michonne scissoring each other cracked me up. I don't watch the talking dead because the show in itself isn't as great as some other shows out there. Just makes me miss breaking bad even more.  :wacko:

I am interested in this zombie heard thing though. WTF?!?