The Walking Dead

mcm1610

did not expect a massacre like that

nonetheless, underwhelming finale

edit: i see no need for spoiler tags for an episode that has aired. stuff for future episodes yes. but don't be a dumbass and come into a thread for a show you're not caught up on. interneting 101.

Since the episode has already aired I'm not going to put this in a spoiler thingy, but there is one *somewhat* big spoiler.

I didn't think it was a terrible episode. I did expect it to be more about Governor vs Rick, but I really liked the end. Even though I was just starting to like Andrea it was a good farewell to her. But what the hell?!? She could've killed Milton with one hand and the pliers, but she just HAD to get the other hand out.

And when Rick got back to the prison with all the old people I was like "aw how sweet" but then I realized they're probably close to death and somebody's going to have to kill them. 

glad to see my opinion of the finale is kind of the consensus on here.  the group i watched it with loved it and i'm like...were we watching the same show?  season two which was awful most of the season had a great finale, and blows this one away.

that being said, i thought it started off really strong but after the Gov shot Milton it just kind of fell apart.

glad to see my opinion of the finale is kind of the consensus on here.  the group i watched it with loved it and i'm like...were we watching the same show?  season two which was awful most of the season had a great finale, and blows this one away.

that being said, i thought it started off really strong but after the Gov shot Milton it just kind of fell apart.

We're we watching the same show? I thought he just got stabbed.

Joking aside, for all the build up of the season finale, it was a bit of a let down. Also, the promise of 27 deaths this episode, what a bunch of crap, no one cared about 25 of those characters. I was really hoping that the season would end with another character having a bloody stump of half an arm.

I thought 27 people were going to die, not ~10 people from woodbury + a bunch of walkers

why didn't carl tell rick "we told the kid to put the gun down.  he didn't.  in the process of maybe turning his gun over, he was starting to point it at me"?  I really don't see how that turned in to a "thing"

the gov didn't die?  martinez and the black guy didn't die?  and they didn't go back to woodbury or the prison?  um... where did they go?  dairy queen?  and what new thrills would the governor be able to bring next season (assuming he's not done)?  is there anything he can do that would be shocking?  I'm just completely baffled.

andrea going out like that?  I'll admit, that was a surprise that I'm not too upset with.  if she was going to die, I figured she'd go down in battle while taking down the governor.  once that clearly wasn't going to be the case, I thought for sure that she'd live.  totally unexpected, and I'm glad they weren't afraid to do that.

anyhoo, I'm fine with the show taking deviations from the comic, but I'm just super unsure what they're gonna do in season 4.  usually, not knowing is a good thing, but in this case... I don't know, I just don't have the "omg!  what's gonna happen next season?!?"-type of feeling.  instead I have a "how long are they gonna drag things out in season 4 until something noteworthy happens?" feeling

in unrelated news, the game of thrones premiere was pretty good.  still haven't seen season 1, but after ~6 episodes of season 2, I think I figured out what's going on (though I still don't know anyone's name)

why are they still back at the prison? why is the governor still alive? it's like this entire season was for naught.

also, while i was hoping Andrea's character would get a chance to be the badass she was on the comics, i can't feel bad for someone who wastes so much time staring at a potentially dead guy, and having pseudo-sentimental conversations wtih him instead of trying to free herself before he turns into a murderous creature.

My opinion -- solid season, OK finale. I did like the scene at the end with Rick staring at the walkway and Lori not being there. Thought it was a good moment.

When the bus of people showed up I just thought "gotta refill the ranks cause they burn through characters so fast".

I think a bit of the letdown was that the two "big" deaths were some of the least likeable characters in Andrea and Merle. If they had died midseason and Lori's death had been the finale (which I know, would have significantly changed the show), people would be saying "holy shit....I can't believe they did that. That finale was CRAZY".

I guess Lori was pretty unlikeable too though. But it still would have been a more "heartwrenching" death.

lori was the worst. i was so happy when she finally bit the dust.

This. But I wish she was killed the way she was in the comic.

I really hope they don't merge the Governor's character with that of the Savior who pops up later in the comics. For some reason, I would just not be surprised if they did this.

Yeah, she sucked. But even though Rick and Carl aren't beloved like Daryl, they generally aren't hated (Carl just gets shit for never listening). Watching a kid/husband lose a mother/spouse, even if she isn't well liked, is going to be deeper drama than a Merle redemption or whatever you want to call Andrea. That's all I was getting at.

But I liked it. They have set the bar so high it is hard for them to keep pushing it higher. Not knowing comics probably makes it more enjoyable. No expectations.

But anyways, knowing that the Governor is probably going to die early in the next season was the nail in the coffin for me with this thread. Maybe I'm just going to be hypersensitive to spoilers going forward. Don't want to fight. Hope everyone enjoys the show / comics / both. I'm out.

But anyways, knowing that the Governor is probably going to die early in the next season was the nail in the coffin for me with this thread. Maybe I'm just going to be hypersensitive to spoilers going forward. Don't want to fight. Hope everyone enjoys the show / comics / both. I'm out.

actually, I think I'd be surprised if the governor is back next season.  he lost penny and he lost woodbury, so the only reason he has to come back is revenge, and martinez and the black guy would be stupid to tag along with him.  if anything, martinez will murder him in his sleep and then show up at the prison hoping for forgiveness.

and for what it's worth, my predictions tend to suck.  it's almost like kirkman made this finale just to fuck with people who read the comics.  "you think this is gonna happen?  nope.  and that other thing?  nope.  and do I care?  nope..."