The Walking Dead

mcm1610

I've been pretty consistent with acting as an apologist for the television deviations from the comics - but the Andrea killing is a bit too much even for me. Given that's she's STILL alive in the comics even now, I feel like they could have done more with her in the show and probably just offed her to pander to the loudly yelling voices of dissent in the viewership who hated her. As for the Governor - I agree with the notion that he's not much of a threat at this point, unless he mobilizes a whole new crew of people - and even then, Martinez and the other lackey would probably wise them to the possibility that they could be gunned down in a fit of anger at any moment. I keep trying to rationalize that this was a good finale, but I honestly just can't...

Yeah, she sucked. But even though Rick and Carl aren't beloved like Daryl, they generally aren't hated (Carl just gets shit for never listening). Watching a kid/husband lose a mother/spouse, even if she isn't well liked, is going to be deeper drama than a Merle redemption or whatever you want to call Andrea. That's all I was getting at.

But I liked it. They have set the bar so high it is hard for them to keep pushing it higher. Not knowing comics probably makes it more enjoyable. No expectations.

But anyways, knowing that the Governor is probably going to die early in the next season was the nail in the coffin for me with this thread. Maybe I'm just going to be hypersensitive to spoilers going forward. Don't want to fight. Hope everyone enjoys the show / comics / both. I'm out.

wait, what? you think that someone suggesting that the governor will probably die next season is a spoiler? i think that's a logical conclusion from someone who merely watches the show, haha.

knowing the comics now has no bearing on everything, because pretty much none of this material happened in the comics.

We're we watching the same show? I thought he just got stabbed.

Joking aside, for all the build up of the season finale, it was a bit of a let down. Also, the promise of 27 deaths this episode, what a bunch of crap, no one cared about 25 of those characters. I was really hoping that the season would end with another character having a bloody stump of half an arm.

haha yeah you're right, he got stabbed.  my memory blows, c'est la vie.

Yeah, she sucked. But even though Rick and Carl aren't beloved like Daryl, they generally aren't hated (Carl just gets shit for never listening).

I used to absolutely hate Carl just as much as Lori, but now, not so much. To me he is starting to be a bit more like in the later comics, which is a good thing for me. So there is hope for Carl yet in my eyes.

I used to absolutely hate Carl just as much as Lori, but now, not so much. To me he is starting to be a bit more like in the later comics, which is a good thing for me. So there is hope for Carl yet in my eyes.

Dude; Carl in the later issues, in particular the most recent ones. Good grief - he's the brassiest character in the entire story.

I could see them sitting on the Governor for the season, introducing a new villian, then bringing the Governor back right at the end. I don't see them doing two seasons in a row with the Governor as the main bad guy. 

my thoughts exactly, I could see him returning in the final episode and his return used as a cliff-hanger 

hard to imagine the Gov can come back.  at this point he is with two people who know he is nuts.  his town is gone.  he isn't the terminator, he can't possibly get a new following and can't assault the prison by himself.

if they bring him back they better make it damn good story.

Yeah. Seems crazy. Honestly, to me it seems like the middle of his arc, not the end. The switch to crazy, cold-blooded killer is sort of a big shift to throw in and just back away from. I'd be a lot more interested to see him as the villain next season in his mental state. I get it is a challenge logistically, and maybe it doesn't work.

But governor unhinged seems like a better antagonist.

anyone remember how i missed the last 5 minutes of the episode before the finale.  i think that happened to everyone on this last ep.

Yeah, the version of the finale that i found had the last 5 minutes screwed up.

i streamed it live. it ended with the shot of the cross on the grave. did something fuck up?

as for the governor, he's one guy now. no army. no weapons. no resources. not much of a villain, and he's not magic - he's gonna have to survive like everyone else now. i guess i just have no idea where they are going to take this.

i streamed it live. it ended with the shot of the cross on the grave. did something fuck up?

as for the governor, he's one guy now. no army. no weapons. no resources. not much of a villain, and he's not magic - he's gonna have to survive like everyone else now. i guess i just have no idea where they are going to take this.

I bet he starts hoarding zombies and just keeps fucking with the prison. I'm sure it'll take at least half the season to get rid of him.

Nope thats how it ended, watched it live right into Talking Dead.

I bet he starts hoarding zombies and just keeps fucking with the prison.

I'm sure it'll take at least half the season to get rid of him.

I wouldn't be surprised if the 3 of them take over the black dude (forget

his name at the moment) and get ahold of all his guns and ammo, turn

that into a new mini Woodbury.