The Walking Dead

mcm1610

I liked it, and it did a good job of setting the finale to be like the comic book,

in the sense that the final battle takes place at the prison, the prison will fall, and the group will be forced to leave.  I expected there to be a "beheading" scene to set it up, and I suppose we could still have that with andrea, but the preview for next week doesn't really suggest that

I wonder if daryl will make it back to the prison, or if he'll end up like andrea at the end of season 2 -- on his own and meeting up with the group in the future (and of course hooking up with the governor)

I thought last night was a good episode. Glad to see it pick up in pace a bit from the last two. There's an article in the latest Rolling Stone that states there will be 27 deaths in the season finale.

I was having difficulty believing for one second that Rick would consider trading Michonne to the Governor in exchange for the safety of their whole group.  But whatever... he straightened it out eventually (sort of).

Really enjoyed that Walking Dead game too.  I've been playing it on PC and love the choose your own adventure style it has.  It was nice to play something a little different.  I'm getting pretty burnt out on FPS games.

So any guesses on who the deaths will be from the prison group?

mind you i dont know much about the plot from the comic book so i have no clue if these make sense from that standpoint.

Hershel, Beth & Carol i think are the main ones really hoping they don't kill Darryl, Glen or Maggie but i wouldnt be surprised to see at least 1 of them go and im really afraid its Darryl since they already confirmed him for Talking Dead next week. 

Still can't figure out if the Governor is for sure gonna be killed.

So any guesses on who the deaths will be from the prison group?

mind you i dont know much about the plot from the comic book so i have no clue if these make sense from that standpoint.

Hershel, Beth & Carol i think are the main ones really hoping they don't kill Darryl, Glen or Maggie but i wouldnt be surprised to see at least 1 of them go and im really afraid its Darryl since they already confirmed him for Talking Dead next week. 

Still can't figure out if the Governor is for sure gonna be killed.

my thoughts.  hershel is a goner.  i hate to say it, but i think its his time.  i say this for a couple reasons.  

one, him and glens moment together, he knows how much maggie means to glen and it gives him a sort of peace knowing in this crazy world a guy like glen still exists.

two, the moment he spent with his daughters in the prison

three, i just think they won't be at the prison next season and with hershel on crutches, i just don't find that plausible with them on the possible move.

i also think carol is a goner.  her arc is completely over and just seems to be getting in the way of things.

beth, unless ass kicker is a casualty, i think beth lives, i think they've been poking at giving her a bigger role this season, but if ass kicker dies, she dies with her.

they should just blow everyone's mind and kill off rick

i'm not completely ruling that out.  i think its slim, but still possible.  would make everyone watch next years premiere because all season they would be scratching their heads.  however, i still think a story of redemption with him is on the rise.

star wars style.

my predictions:

governor, martinez, that white guy with tyreese whose son just got shot in the head, hershel, milton, the one black guy from woodbury -- all gonna die

(hershel has had too many "moments", so he has to go.  he's already played the hero (season 2 finale), his daughter's engaged, he's a one-legged old man in the ZA, and, last but not least, he's a farmer who hasn't farmed all season)

judith will probably die, that way rick gets to have a big emo moment.  besides, babies cry and attract walkers, so off-ing her will be a blessing in disguise

at least one of the white girls (andrea, carol, beth) will die.  milton will probably die saving andrea, and she'll bring tyreese and his sister to the prison in time to do something (or get away).  carol dying makes for a super shitty two days for daryl, and beth dying means I don't have to hear her sing at the end of the episode.  I'm hoping beth dies, but she is a potential "first time" for carl (apparently she's only 4 years older?), so... she has a chance

whether tyreese and his sister survive, I'm not sure.  his sister is probably out of luck, though, since the show already has an important black female.  tyreese and michonne could hook up, so he might be safe

rick, carl, daryl, and michonne are untouchable (unless of course norman reedus is tired of being on the show -- him leaving is the only way they can kill him off, in my opinion).  "the walking dead" is rick's story, carl is too important, and michonne is too iconic.  glenn and maggie are probably safe, and the finale will probably start with a wedding ceremony where a zombie serves as the ring-bearer and everyone breaks into dance

did I miss anyone?  oh, and that kid from woodbury with asthma will probably die and no one will care.  he is still alive, right?  if so, he's surely gonna be one of the random woodbury-folk who get off-ed, possibly while having an asthma attack.

my predictions:

governor, martinez, that white guy with tyreese whose son just got shot in the head, hershel, milton, the one black guy from woodbury -- all gonna die

(hershel has had too many "moments", so he has to go.  he's already played the hero (season 2 finale), his daughter's engaged, he's a one-legged old man in the ZA, and, last but not least, he's a farmer who hasn't farmed all season)

judith will probably die, that way rick gets to have a big emo moment.  besides, babies cry and attract walkers, so off-ing her will be a blessing in disguise

at least one of the white girls (andrea, carol, beth) will die.  milton will probably die saving andrea, and she'll bring tyreese and his sister to the prison in time to do something (or get away).  carol dying makes for a super shitty two days for daryl, and beth dying means I don't have to hear her sing at the end of the episode.  I'm hoping beth dies, but she is a potential "first time" for carl (apparently she's only 4 years older?), so... she has a chance

whether tyreese and his sister survive, I'm not sure.  his sister is probably out of luck, though, since the show already has an important black female.  tyreese and michonne could hook up, so he might be safe

rick, carl, daryl, and michonne are untouchable (unless of course norman reedus is tired of being on the show -- him leaving is the only way they can kill him off, in my opinion).  "the walking dead" is rick's story, carl is too important, and michonne is too iconic.  glenn and maggie are probably safe, and the finale will probably start with a wedding ceremony where a zombie serves as the ring-bearer and everyone breaks into dance

did I miss anyone?  oh, and that kid from woodbury with asthma will probably die and no one will care.  he is still alive, right?  if so, he's surely gonna be one of the random woodbury-folk who get off-ed, possibly while having an asthma attack.

thats probably pretty spot on, i guess that leaves who is going to off the Governor (who im still not totally convinced is gonna die). Maybe Tyreese axes him in the head from behind while he has Rick pinned. Or Daryl with the crossbow.

i was on vacation from friday til yesterday and staying off facebook & twitter, then my mom texted me at 10 on sunday night with a major spoiler from the last episode. thanks, mom. her response 'what? i'm pretty sure they have the walking dead in texas!'

Ha! how did it feel????

I'm kidding. I stayed out for a little bit cause I didn't know if things were on edge in here still or not. Definitely not.

Little bit disappointed with the whole Merle / Zombie thing. There were times in the storyline where that would have been a huge deal and made a lot of people really happy. I just kinda walked away going "well that was a sad moment for Darryl, I'm glad Merle finally got his due (even after slightly redeeming himself), now back to the main storyline".