How To Pack A Record

jhulud

Probably a stupid question but better to be safe than sorry. What would be the best way to go about sending two separate records? Is it acceptable to do the same thing posted in the original post basically or should I do something else?

Just do the exact same thing but put a sheet of bubble wrap in between.

• 1 month later...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

One new peeve. If your inner sleeved isn't a plain old paper sleeve, such as the sleeves with liner notes on them, for God's sake do NOT ship the record in it. Use a cheap generic sleeve instead. Those artwork/liner notes sleeves are fragile and seam split like nobody's business. God why are people so fucking dumb?

One new peeve. If your inner sleeved isn't a plain old paper sleeve, such as the sleeves with liner notes on them, for God's sake do NOT ship the record in it. Use a cheap generic sleeve instead. Those artwork/liner notes sleeves are fragile and seam split like nobody's business. God why are people so fucking dumb?

THANK GOD SOMEONE SAID IT! I absolutely hate this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i received a picture disc in the mail a month ago that was in one of the oversized bubble mailers, no padding, and didnt even come in the picture disc sleeves or really any sleeve for that matter.  i picked it up and didnt know what it was since i didnt order anything that would fit in that package, only to find my record sliding all around.  

SOMEHOW the record was not damaged.  The seller was a bit confused when I sent him a pretty angry e-mail and negative feedback on ebay.

I am surprised I did not receive a shattered pile of record in the package.  I could somewhat understand if you ran out of cardboard padding or something and sent it just in an LP mailer but that was really bad...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is actually super helpful.  I'm not an idiot and i've ordered probably hundreds of Lps but I've never mailed one before and it's good to know what people on here expect if anyone decides to buy something from me (hint hint)

I've totally received 7"s in bubble mailers with cardboard on both sided?  is that acceptable?  I'm just curious I don't have any desire to part with mine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It seems the original pics got taken down by the original user. Luckily, I had them copied and uploaded them to the TSPV blog where I dedicated page for packing info.

Here's the link for now: http://theystillpressvinyl.wordpress.com/how-to-pack-records-101/

I'll reup the pics on the first page ASAP.

• 2 weeks later...

It happened again!  Ordered it through an Amazon seller this time.  Can we at least wrap the box set with air pillows?!  Not just lay some on top of the item.  Luckily no damage because it's a 7LP box set and nothing can really move around too much.

10464188_10152116356751401_4880528363207

• 5 months later...

Seriously tempted to link my local buy/sell/trade FB group to this page. Got a record in the mail today sandwiched between two wonky pieces of cardboard, and of course the sleeve had a split seam. The record wasn't exactly cheap either. I contacted the guy I bought it from and told him in the most diplomatic way possible that I was disappointed in (a) the way the record was shipped, and (B) the condition it arrived to me as. 

This was his response:

thats the safest way to send records so they dont warp, so far i havent had anyone complain about the packaging. I can assure you the records work fine and with a bit of glue should fix up the split seam