Record Store Day 2011 Thread - April 16

Bleed American would be amazing if it's on vinyl!

We're releasing the Deluxe version for RSD. The band will be signing limited edition color vinyl copies at Coachella. I think it's limited to 100.

• 3 LP, 32 song deluxe version

• Remastered for vinyl from the original masters

• Featuring rare import tracks, b-sides, previously unreleased live & demo tracks

• PLUS a new & previously unreleased version of Your House

• Pressed on high quality, European vinyl

• Limited & numbered pressing of just 2,000 copies

I just listened to the test pressings. It sounds amazing. Had to go back to the digital version several times because there were a number of things I had never heard on the CD that were crystal clear on the vinyl.

www.orgmusic.com

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bleed American would be amazing if it's on vinyl!

We're releasing the Deluxe version for RSD. The band will be signing limited edition color vinyl copies at Coachella. I think it's limited to 100.

• 3 LP, 32 song deluxe version

• Remastered for vinyl from the original masters

• Featuring rare import tracks, b-sides, previously unreleased live & demo tracks

• PLUS a new & previously unreleased version of Your House

• Pressed on high quality, European vinyl

• Limited & numbered pressing of just 2,000 copies

I just listened to the test pressings. It sounds amazing. Had to go back to the digital version several times because there were a number of things I had never heard on the CD that were crystal clear on the vinyl.

www.orgmusic.com

I really love the work you guys are doing. Are the colored copies only at the Zia Records RSD store at Coachella?

Or will you make a few available via BecauseSoundMatters (e.g. Tom Petty) or Insound (e.g. Sonic Youth, Teenage Fanclub)?

It appears April Fools' Day has arrived a bit early for some of us, as Evil Weevil Records will not, in fact, be pressing The Offspring LPs for Record Store Day, as we previously and erroneously reported. The label explained the mixup on their blog:

"Dear Dexter, Noodles, Punknews and everyone else who covered our rumor,

Hello my name is William and along with my friend Mike run a punk(sorta?) label from Philadelphia, Pa. I also cook in a restaurant. On February 12th 2011 I made a very obvious joke tweet from our label's twitter account because I was bored and it was an unusually slow day at work. I was excited because I was going to see CZW for the first time that night as well. When I made the tweet I didn't think a lot of people were actually gonna believe me. Seriously its 2011. I take full responsibility of this joke and I'm sorry if we got anyones hopes up. This was just something I thought would make my friends laugh. It did. So I won. I also hope this teaches us all a few very valuable lessons: check your facts, don't believe stuff on twitter, and that we are clearly the best record label in 2011. I also hope this doesn't make people hate our label, or take it out on any of the bands we release. We love them more than anything and a lot of the time our logo doesn't appear, or is barely noticeable on the records anyway."

Our deepest apologies go out to the band, their fans and vinyl enthusiasts everywhere. These days, many bands and labels do use twitter to break legitimate news, making the joke tweets a bit difficult to pick out from time to time. Additionally, this wouldn't be the first time a small, independent label had handled vinyl reissues for major label pop-punk giants, so it's not as though it was completely out of the realm of possibility. Regardless, this one's on us and it won't happen again.

What a dumbass.....that guy should be beaten.

http://www.punknews.org/article/41629

Tracey Thorn, best known as being one half of the duo Everything but the Girl, will release a new single, “You Are A Lover”, on Record Store Day (April 16).

“You Are A Lover,” which is taken from her critically acclaimed album Love And Its Opposite, will be released on limited edition 10″ vinyl, followed by a digital release after Record Store Day. The release will feature an exclusive remix of “You Are A Lover” by Clock Opera and the B-side “Sister Winter.”

Source: http://www.popinstereo.com/archives/13172

Phish is releasing a hand numbered 7" of soundchecks

Yes...only 2000 will be made.

Also, from X-Ray Records Facebook:

"Record Store Day (April) hopeful arrivals so far include new & limited releases from Syd Barrett (double LP anthology), Gorillaz (double live LP), Beach Boys (double 10" single), and a reissue of Nirvana's "Hoarmoaning" LP."

Source: http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?id=110399478994226&story_fbid=188816994485807

wait, the label that put out the everyone everywhere 7" isn't going to re-release 3 OFFSPRING lps??????

/facepalm

Hahaha, I thought the same thing. The last thing I bought from them was "Diarrhea Planet" and now they are putting out Offspring albums? Right.

Yeah, it kind of fucked with me for a while. Isn't that Diarrhea Planet 7" great??

Phish is releasing a hand numbered 7" of soundchecks

Yes...only 2000 will be made.

Also, from X-Ray Records Facebook:

"Record Store Day (April) hopeful arrivals so far include new & limited releases from Syd Barrett (double LP anthology), Gorillaz (double live LP), Beach Boys (double 10" single), and a reissue of Nirvana's "Hoarmoaning" LP."

Source: http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?id=110399478994226&story_fbid=188816994485807

These are what they have listed on their site, was wondering what that Beach Boys was -

Gorillaz- The Fall LPx2 (2011 RSD release April)

Beach Boys- Good Vibrations double 10" vinyl (2011 RSD release April)

Syd Barrett- An Introduction to.... LPx2 (2011 RSD release April)

Nirvana- Hoarmoaning LP (2011 RSD release April)

would have been pretty odd for them to repress Smash since Epitaph just did it recently.

I think it was a pretty clever joke, and somewhat obvious. Columbia doesn't need a small label to do any reissues for them. maybe they'll green light some represses now that someone generated all the hype for them.