Record Store Day 2011 Thread - April 16

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming I'm able to grab two copies, I've got you Andy

You legend! Cheers mate, really appreciate it. Was only thinking the other night how much I'd love this to be released on vinyl, n wondered if it was coming, what with BMYL having just been released, and "Little Hell" being released on cd and vinyl in June.

Yeah, a guy whining about how he has to own both regular and colored versions of the same items.... and pay for them!!!!

Coming soon, the dietary cost and effort into eating your own ass.

Ummm....I think you missed the point. He is not stating that he *has* to own the items, he was showing that if you were a fan of Mastodon, Flaming Lips and Jimmy Eat World and wanted all of the releases, you are going to likely have to pay a pretty penny and that is *before* you even buy the other items for RSD you may want....

Does the average consumer really have over $500 to drop on RSD?

I like Mastodon and Jimmy Eat World. I certainly don't care about tracking down variants, you only need one record to listen to. Again, if you can't afford stuff, don't buy it. Nobody is making anyone buy anything on Record Store Day. Spend within your means.

Also, list price on JEW is only $45.99. I honestly think that is reasonable for a triple LP 180 gram vinyl set with quality packaging.

Hmm....just confirmed that the Deftones won't be the only band with a Covers LP for Record Store Day......get ready for a FOO FIGHTERS COVERS LP too!!!!

Where did you find this info??

n/m, the list is updated now: http://new-vinyl.blogspot.com/2011/02/record-store-day-rsd-2011-rsd11.html

anyone else not see the irony in the Queen 7" coming with a free DOWNLOAD of the songs?

no because most records these days come with a free download card or code. ::) would you rather if not come with one. ::) there is zero irony with this because theyre not selling just a digital download. ::)

yea, but the whole ideal behind RSD is to support Record Stores, which is apparently being killed by people downloading, whether illegal or otherwise. id rather not/wont buy anything by Queen, so thats not a problem.

no because most records these days come with a free download card or code. ::) would you rather if not come with one. ::) there is zero irony with this because theyre not selling just a digital download. ::)

yea, but the whole ideal behind RSD is to support Record Stores, which is apparently being killed by people downloading, whether illegal or otherwise. id rather not/wont buy anything by Queen, so thats not a problem.

Its still promoting it because people want the 7inch but it also comes with a download. The purpose of the download is to attract more people to buying the physical music. It does everything but harm rsd's cause.