P.O. Now: Lydia - Illuminate (15th Anniversary)

• 4 weeks later...

On 8/24/2023 at 7:01 AM, Emo Revival said:

Any one hear anything since that email on the 3rd? Based on that email I thought these would’ve shipped by now…

Still waiting on my screen print & TP here lol. I knew there’d been the lack of info on the website, but just now realized there’s nothing about it on their IG anymore either with all of their listed releases.

Bootleg or not, that’s fine with me as long as I can listen to it 🙂

14 hours ago, Emo Revival said:

Agreed, everything about it seems off. The lack of info on it on the near mint website and the total lack of communication makes its feel like a bootleg  

also the fact that the listing was removed from their website the second it sold out, which didnt take long. 

13 hours ago, tokimedo said:

also the fact that the listing was removed from their website the second it sold out, which didnt take long. 

not even everything had sold out, just the vinyl – there were def tapes and merch items left in stock when the vinyl ran out. makes it even more suss lol.

On 8/26/2023 at 12:14 PM, copelandkid said:

not even everything had sold out, just the vinyl – there were def tapes and merch items left in stock when the vinyl ran out. makes it even more suss lol.

The official Lydia IG reposted a Near Mint video of it spinning when it was first released, that's pretty much the only source of legitimacy with this press. 

15 hours ago, dangerbirds said:

The official Lydia IG reposted a Near Mint video of it spinning when it was first released, that's pretty much the only source of legitimacy with this press. 

yeah i saw that too but the question remains as to whether the rightsholders signed off (i'm assuming that's not the band but some label...)

On 8/27/2023 at 3:51 PM, dangerbirds said:

plausible that it could have maybe been someone on their team that just assumed it was a story of someone spinning an older press and reposted it? 

did anyone see the band promote this press at all (outside that one repost) since it was announced? 

Edited by tokimedo

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, tokimedo said:

wasnt the brown variant supposed to come with an obi stripe? mine did not. 

Anyone remeber the variants? Doesnt help that theres no existence of this anywhere on near mint to reference. 

I think there may have been an option to include the OBI for like $10 more.  Because I didn’t get one with my brown variant either and I know I wasn’t expecting too.

Seems like all the variants are up on Discogs at least, but yet the only variant listed that includes the OBI is the brown one so yeah.  No idea what’s going on haha

Regardless, my copy sounds very good and I couldn’t be happier with it.

On 9/23/2023 at 10:13 AM, tokimedo said:

wasnt the brown variant supposed to come with an obi stripe? mine did not. 

Anyone remeber the variants? Doesnt help that theres no existence of this anywhere on near mint to reference. 

Seems the obi strip cost an extra $8 on that variant 

https://www.wearenearmint.com/products/740472-lydia-illuminate?fbclid=PAAaa1wM27sN-xSVXhg9qEDLTBdkexrIQ3roP1qd7fFNvLCOWkYnXz5PYTqt0_aem_AR_piYBjdGw6Gf7FfvOhjqzVVSjGnPIzPIDUsdv6hrYAR__HIoEaDwQLtDEbf-Wkhlw

4 hours ago, YesPlease said:

looks like that brown variant was /200 but split across with and without obi, that explains it. 

100 Brown Marble (Japanese Obi Strip)
100 Brown Marble

Wonder if the listing will disappear again once the leftovers are gone.