what's the most you've ever spent on a record?

Guest vinyldoa

I posted in this thread a while ago about dropping 53 ppd on the beatles at the bbc, and it came in today and is totally fucked. It was sealed but the discs were fucked, what appears to be aerosol looking spray residue, dimples, and a big ass deep scratch over half the b side of the second lp. Pretty bummed on that. Most i ever spent on a single lp to.

• 4 months later...

$65 including tax for a black copy on Up was my most expensive purchase. That and CODY by Mogwai for around the same price. Both unplayed.

Nice. I was on the bargain hunt for a copy of TNWWL and saw a few go for the $80 range that I passed on. The copy I got was $99 with free shipping from Japan. I snatched it up in a heartbeat and didn't think twice about it. 

I think Mogwai was also a runner up for me with my copy of Young Team for $60-70. Oh, and I also spent $125 on that Flaming Lips 5 album set that came out a few years ago for Record Store Day a few years ago. I don't know if that counts though, since it's a box set. 

I think after I fill the holes in my Built To Spill collection I'm going to move on to Mogwai. 

Nice. I was on the bargain hunt for a copy of TNWWL and saw a few go for the $80 range that I passed on. The copy I got was $99 with free shipping from Japan. I snatched it up in a heartbeat and didn't think twice about it.

I think Mogwai was also a runner up for me with my copy of Young Team for $60-70. Oh, and I also spent $125 on that Flaming Lips 5 album set that came out a few years ago for Record Store Day a few years ago. I don't know if that counts though, since it's a box set.

I think after I fill the holes in my Built To Spill collection I'm going to move on to Mogwai.

Yeah that's where i'm at. I pretty much have all the BtS I want but damn do I need a copy of Happy Songs by Mogwai. I still need a couple Built to Spill 7"s but eh, have every song I want on vinyl.

according to Discogs, my biggest purchases over the past 5 years (since I've been using Discogs to buy records) have been $100 for mono Beatles White Album from 1982 and $106 for the Magnetic Fields 69 Love Songs box. 

Before that I can't remember spending big time bucks on anything - I've been fortunate in being able to buy most of my major wants for good prices as they are released.