Oh Ben Weasel, You Dinosaur, You! (SXSW Fight)

and i am not a riverdales fan (not because of ben, but just never really listened to them). what does the 27 stand for?

Good question, I always thought it had something to do with the SW tune "27 Things I Wanna Do To You"...but that's just a guess.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can talk all the shit all you want on sxsw, but if you're playing it because you agreed to it, and weren't asked in the first place, it makes you the fool. not anyone else. it's like buying a escalade and then bitching about gas prices to drive out of state every weekend to visit your girlfriend. it's silly and childish. anyone doing this would have been told to shut the fuck up and play. and a bunch of people who werent' part of the fiasco did. but that's neither here nor there.

3. if you need to be reminded again what he's done and how he's a cockbag, you're sadly getting a early case of dementia. lol.

last sentence, i totally agree with. it be stupid to wait for the cops. he'd probably have got arrested along withe the other girl. being thrown in jail on a weekend for fighting with a woman. no matter the circumstance. smart move on his part to get out of texas.

i seriously doubt he'll ever play in austin again too.

There's a huge difference between shouting "shut up and play!" and throwing shit and spitting on a person.

I don't need to be "reminded" what he's done. I've never been told. I actually asked you in a different "Ben Weasel sucks" type thread and you never answered it there, either. Give me three examples (and that he doesn't like the Lawrence Arms and liked George W Bush doesn't count).

Oh man that just reminded me of a band that used to play in Central NY when I lived there. The lead singer was obsessed with Screeching Weasel, even had the weasel tattooed on his arm. The best part about the whole thing is the band was called Fist Her Face 55. If only they were still around....

you can talk all the shit all you want on sxsw, but if you're playing it because you agreed to it, and weren't asked in the first place, it makes you the fool. not anyone else. it's like buying a escalade and then bitching about gas prices to drive out of state every weekend to visit your girlfriend. it's silly and childish. anyone doing this would have been told to shut the fuck up and play. and a bunch of people who werent' part of the fiasco did. but that's neither here nor there.

3. if you need to be reminded again what he's done and how he's a cockbag, you're sadly getting a early case of dementia. lol.

last sentence, i totally agree with. it be stupid to wait for the cops. he'd probably have got arrested along withe the other girl. being thrown in jail on a weekend for fighting with a woman. no matter the circumstance. smart move on his part to get out of texas.

i seriously doubt he'll ever play in austin again too.

There's a huge difference between shouting "shut up and play!" and throwing shit and spitting on a person.

I don't need to be "reminded" what he's done. I've never been told. I actually asked you in a different "Ben Weasel sucks" type thread and you never answered it there, either. Give me three examples (and that he doesn't like the Lawrence Arms and liked George W Bush doesn't count).

1st paragraph was on him having the right to bitch. you just went off on a tangent as you always do to steer debate in new direction, thus arguing in circles around the topic. you steered it from you having to argue the point. fortunately i have friends who do the same and can spot it rather quickly. let me explain this once more. I posted about him not having the right to bitch and moan since it's a corporate event. Well he can, but it's childish to do so. the reasons were explained. not anything else. you try to bring up how throwing shit and heckling is different. i never argued that it was. also i think the "either here nor there" pretty much solidified the argument was moot. i don't understand how you missed that. yet you start talking about throwing stuff is different than heckling. we all know that. you're like 2 steps behind and playing catch-up.

2. i answered it. you failed to remember it. your dementia is in the early stages so i won't bother elaborating since it'll probably kick in before you finish reading this and you'll be asking the same question 30 minutes later...or tomorrow. :P

i'm done.. now can we move on to a different topic. like why BEN kinda looks like Chris Meloni from "SVU"

Oh man that just reminded me of a band that used to play in Central NY when I lived there. The lead singer was obsessed with Screeching Weasel, even had the weasel tattooed on his arm. The best part about the whole thing is the band was called Fist Her Face 55. If only they were still around....

im pretty sure they never punched any women in the face. i'm originally from binghamton, btw. still play some shows in the area, occasionally. when did you leave NY?

damn, I guess this goes a bit deeper than punching some girl in the face

It sure sounds that way. Maybe my comment about him having a reputation for being a "cockbag" might hold true for more than just fans (i.e. his own band mates). I know i wouldn't completely bail on a band member after making one bad mistake, but if he continually proved to be an asshole than that would be a different story.

Bummer that the band is in limbo, but at least I got to see them last summer, and I am still stoked on the new record.

BW haters are loving life right now...kinda funny in a sad typical American way. ::)

same here... i would think at least he was cool with his band mates. every asshole has friends too that they treat well. i know i am talking just as much shit, but i don't see him as a practicing Ike turner. maybe this must have been the last straw of a bunch of reoccurring incidents i would assume. unless this is some elaborate hoax and we will all be fooled on APRIL 1st. canceling San Antonio is a bit much for a hoax. as much as i don't like the band, that's kinda shitty to do to your fans even for a joke. no?

im pretty sure they never punched any women in the face. i'm originally from binghamton, btw. still play some shows in the area, occasionally. when did you leave NY?

I left quite a few years ago, but they played a lot in Cortland and I used to go to some shows there at The Third Rail. I used to be big into Screeching Weasel and really enjoyed them going up. I dont remember the full story on the name. Just thought it was humorous with the recent events.

"There are many, many incredibly stupid parts"

was this referring to his (the author, not joe queer) remarks? I think it's good that joe queer stuck up for his friend during a rough time.

oh, and there's drama going on on dave swain's (dangerous dave, right?) facebook

Pretty enlightening, the outcome of the Ben Weasel incident in SXSW. There's a lot of bands that were scheduled to play Weaselfest that have dropped off the bill. Good riddance. This is a time to show allegiance to an old friend. Shame on you guys. Not too mention a guy that has helped by produce records, write songs (eh hem! Bottlerocket/Lillingtons) and who has influenced these guys to even start the very bands that are dropping off Weaselfest. Disgusting. Purely disgusting. Even more shame on you guys. Ever think of how Ben feels about that? Fuck that bitch at the show, she's got a black eye that'll heal. Those of you who have his number, give him a call. See how he is. Don't fall for Deborah's PC fuckin bullshit. She doesn't belong in our scene anyway. For those of you who don't know who Deborah is, she's the booking agent that put this whole thing together and is now trying to get all the bands to drop off of it. Don't fall for it folks! You're punk rockers. Question everything. Apparently, some people have to question who's a real friend now.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/teenage-bottlerocket/regarding-weaselfest/10150451997355463

I really think these guys totally put more light on the issue. as i suggested i truly believe ben hitting these women doesn't deserve his "woman beater" status, but just a incident that got out of control. but this incident was the nail in the coffin for most to realize the dude is not a nice guy in general.

Joe's sentiments are not even worth commenting on.