I Think The USPS Stole My Records...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i ordered some stuff before and it showed up 2 months later all beat to shit like it went to china and back, sorry to here that about your package man fight the system. I would hunt down the mail lady for that day and talk to her or him, ask if on that day they dropped something off and then you will know if someone jacked you. then you kill them

i ordered some stuff before and it showed up 2 months later all beat to shit like it went to china and back, sorry to here that about your package man fight the system. I would hunt down the mail lady for that day and talk to her or him, ask if on that day they dropped something off and then you will know if someone jacked you. then you kill them

yep, and if she said that's exactly what she did like the other times.. by all means, just tell her when big boxes arrive and no one answers, just to take them back for pick up.. just to be safe since your stuff got jacked the last time.

I couldn't believe this shit. I sold a record to someone on here a little over a week ago, got some tracking info for him, and expected it to arrive in no time. I live in IN and he lives in NY. I was following the tracking info just to make sure he got it with no problem - checked that shit the other day and it showed in New Jersey. Then no update for like 5 days. Then it showed tracked in Federal Way, Washington. WTF? Feel super bad for this guy - they finally sent it back to NJ today... So hopefully he'll get it tomorrow.

Fucking USPS.

If you can receive packages at your place of work, I would recommend that. Assuming you work at a respectable place of business and don't work with a bunch of bums who'll rip you off. I work at a large office building and do this all the time. Never lost a thing. Be happy you dont live in Mexico where only one out of every ten packages reaches its destination.

My package has been in transit for little over a month now, tracking says it was mis-shipped. How the fuck does that happen?

Some of those lazy fucks at USPS really don't deserve their jobs.

I just got a record today that was mis-shipped for a week. I get all my records shipped to my job now. If my job (a college) is closed the post office holds the mail. Give that a shot because even though I live in a private house now people will take anything laying out anywhere...especially in Brooklyn.

Had everything shipped to my parents for the longest time. The woman who delivers there is careful and considerate of my records/prints and actually became friends with my mom. I have started to have some stuff shipped to my apartment. Haven't had any problems yet so this is a good sign.

I think I am going to try having stuff shipped to my parents house from now on, this is just rediculous...thanks for all your comments and suggestions guys...

also, I just remembered the UPS dropped off my La Dispute/Koji split on the same day...the tracking for that says it was delivered at 12:09, I supposedly got my NoSleep records at 10:49...but I didn't get them because I remember going out and getting the mail, seeing that the records were not here, then leaving to pay my bills and stuff, when I got back the La Dispute/Koji record was here...

I just don't get it...

I've only ever had one package not delivered in my 10 years of ordering stuff... Last year, and it was from the US... didn't have tracking so I have no clue where it ended up. Hopefully with someone who likes twothirtyeight.

In sweden, if the parcel is too big for your mailbox, you get a notification to go get it at the post office... nothing left in hallways or stuff like that.

If you can receive packages at your place of work, I would recommend that. Assuming you work at a respectable place of business and don't work with a bunch of bums who'll rip you off. I work at a large office building and do this all the time. Never lost a thing. Be happy you dont live in Mexico where only one out of every ten packages reaches its destination.

This. I've had practically every single piece of vinyl I've ordered over the past 7 years shipped to my office, not my house, and I've never had a problem.

I wouldn't be so quick to judge the USPS. I've had this same situation happen to me, it turned out the package was actually left at my front door. I use to live in a Duplex on a busy street, near a high school, middle school etc. Lucky for me my neighbor who lived in the other side of the Duplex was home from work, and saw a couple kids steal my mail (parcel), and my neighbor being a good samaritan yelled at them from his garage, and they dropped the parcel and ran.

So after that incident, I went down to my local post office to see what I could do to secure my parcels. It was quite the informative experience. First of all I found out the USPS policy is to leave anything that doesn't fit in a mail box at the customers door that does not need a signature of any kind. So that means anything shipped media, first class, and priority it to be left at your door step. If your package needs a signature, they call this an accountable, and have to take it back to the post office if you're not home, and leave a card in your mail box stating that "sorry we missed you".

The postmaster also gave me a little card to fill out, it basically has a place to write in your address, the people that occupy and will be receiving mail at your address, and it also gives you a few options regarding Parcels. It's been a long time but I believe there was four options, 1.) Leave parcel/package next to mailbox (seems like a terrible idea) 2.) Leave parcel/package by front door. 3.) Do not bring any packages/parcels, I will pick them up at the post office. and 4.) Special instructions of where to leave the package/parcel (like behind the house on top of the freezer so the dog can't eat it) etc

I also found out that the only way to cover your backside with any kind of packages etc is to get insurance. If you put insurance coverage on your packages, you can file a claim with the post office, and they will reimburse you.

So I picked never leave any packages/parcles at my house. I'm more than happy to drive to the post office and pick up my valuables such as vinyl, prints, clothing, etc etc

Hope that helps, and sorry to hear about your bad luck.

i can totally relate...

depending how you paid, you may be able to get the funds back. whether it's with Paypal (as long as it's within 45 days of transaction date) or your financial institution (within 60-90 days of trans date), advise them that you "paid for such and such item on this date, i never received the item, i contacted the merchant on such and such date... i am unable to resolve with the merchant". they'll process a chargeback with the merchant and the merchant has about 55 days or so to represent the chargeback. no representation... you get your money back. if they do represent, the merchant will provide documentation stating "per USPS's delivery confirmation, it was delivered on said date." you'll have a time frame to submit a rebuttal letter, in which you advise them you never received the item. however, it does vary between financial institutions, whether they charge off the amount after the merchant receives your rebuttal and doesn't accept the transaction...

file a dispute and hold your ground.

Really? Make the label give you money back when it was clearly the fault of USPS?

Not cool.

some interesting comments so far...

perhaps the verbage i used lays the blame on the merchant, depending on one's interpretation. i have much faith in the merchant, not so much in the USPS, alongside fedex, ups, dhl, etc... i have confronted USPS regarding this issue of non-receipt of goods, however, personal values/beliefs do vary from person to person. when insurance isn't offered, even upon asking the merchant... sometimes the only recourse to retrieve the funds is to file a dispute when one isn't able to resolve an issue directly with the courier... or with the merchant.

one of the worse experiences i've had with our beloved USPS was when i had approx 700 records to send out to various record pools here in the U.S., Europe, Japan, Australia... the USPS employee seemed rather irritated with the volume that I brought in. anywho, all were stamped "fragile! handle with care"... well, in short, she flung each parcel like a frisbee into the large cart behind her. i was polite in asking why she's flinging something marked "fragile".. she made no comment. i found a few months later that she was no longer an employee of USPS. if you're not passionate about what you're doing, then why do it at all?

and it's not just vinyl records that i'm referring to regarding unreceived goods. but medical supplies, project materials, legal documents.... when in doubt, insure.

If you can not locate the parcel, unfortunately the Postal Service is not responsible for the replacement of the article. You can file a police report for the stolen item(s). Once you get a copy of the police report, you can go online and file a report with the Postal Inspection Office. You will need the police report number.

This is really weird because, 1. cannot is one word and 2. who mentioned stolen items?

Did you copy and paste this email or rewrite in your own words?

I find it quite dubious.

If you can not locate the parcel, unfortunately the Postal Service is not responsible for the replacement of the article. You can file a police report for the stolen item(s). Once you get a copy of the police report, you can go online and file a report with the Postal Inspection Office. You will need the police report number.

This is really weird because, 1. cannot is one word and 2. who mentioned stolen items?

Did you copy and paste this email or rewrite in your own words?

I find it quite dubious.

That is copy and pasted directly from the email. I didn't catch the "can not" error, but I think that was because I was so pissed off, and yeah, I never said anything about shit being stolen and they told me to file a police report...it almost felt like they were daring me to do it.

I have a friend whose dad used to work as a mailman, and he got unjustly fired. He tried to fight it legally and ended up getting 2 years in jail...which is bullshit..

I don't think I am going to get thrown into jail or anything, but I am sure they would tie up the case legally for a few years and I would finally get my money after I spent hundreds on a lawyer and whatnot...so basically I am fucked...

Still waiting on an email from Chris at No Sleep, hoping maybe he had extras or something....but it isn't looking very likely that he does

Alright, so I ordered the RSD releases from No Sleep,(special covers 1/50) they shipped and everything but never showed up on my doorstep,apparently though according to the tracking number they were delivered to my house. This is impossible because I was home all day and would have heard the door open (cause she places them between the screen door and the front door) like I always do.

So I emailed the post office and recieved this E-mail

Thank you for contacting us concerning the delivery of your parcel on 5/4/2011. I checked with the carrier who delivered your route on Wednesday, 5/4/2011. She stated she left the parcel between your screen door and your front door. This is where she always leaves your parcels.

I also contacted Chris from No Sleep, but there really isn't much he can do about it since he did everything he was supposed to.

I realize now I am just shit out of luck, but seriously...where the fuck are my records?!?!?!?!?

Has anyone else ever experienced something like this?

Back when I was in college and living in an apartment, we had one of those big mailboxes for all the units in the building. I saw that some plugs (for your ears) i had ordered were delivered via tracking but nothing was at my door so I checked the mailbox and nothing was there. The postman had sometimes left bigger packages on top of all the mailboxes where anyone could just take them but nothing there either. I happened to walk past a trash can near the door of the mailroom and my box was in there - someone had opened it and saw it was just earrings and threw it away instead of leaving it back up there for whoever bought it.

I've only ever had one package not delivered in my 10 years of ordering stuff... Last year, and it was from the US... didn't have tracking so I have no clue where it ended up. Hopefully with someone who likes twothirtyeight.

In sweden, if the parcel is too big for your mailbox, you get a notification to go get it at the post office... nothing left in hallways or stuff like that.

Same in England, i'm actually baffled that USPS just leave things by your front door, it's not the 50's!!