MTS-Blink TOYPAJ

it's just annoying that you never hit the release date. no doubt the products are high quality, but it's not good business practice to make excuses for every release being pushed back--i know shit happens, but its frustrating, and you can't tell me that you like having the reputation of never releasing things on time. i think the frustration is amplified that there isn't an open dialogue about stuff. it's not like you don't know a week beforehand that you're not going to get something in time. it takes all of like 5 minutes to make a post or facebook update to inform your buyers that things are going to be delayed. i'm not too bent out of shape about it, but i understand how people would have the right to be. i'm just excited to finally be getting it, since i skipped the HT release for this one.

Of course, I understand where you're coming from. And maybe we should just avoid release dates entirely to move beyond this sort of situation in the future.

The fact remains: you will receive your order, and it will be as high quality as possible.

That's exactly the problem, what that guy mentioned. Why put up release dates that you must know from the start you aren't going to make? There is money involved in this, people are giving you their money with a shipping date that says "on or before" but it never is on or before. It is also really rude when 10-20 people ask you something on Facebook and you never reply to it, even just putting up a status instead of replying to the wall posts, that takes like 10 seconds.

At the end of the day, we're your customers, you wouldn't be making money if we didn't buy your stuff. When we get the stuff, it's 99% of the time good stuff, but 50% of running a business is customer service and yours isn't really too good from what I've seen lately. You can't just put out good stuff and expect the customers to be happy, your service also has to be good.

So in conclusion, I think you need to try and rethink how you release the records. If you can afford it, don't put up pre-order's at all, but I assume you have those pre-orders since you need the money at the time (which is fine). I don't really have a decent suggestion for how you should do it but you definitely need to sit down and design a better strategy for how to put out these releases.

Looking forward to getting it when it comes though, no doubt it'll be cool.

So did they or did they not ship?

they shipped out several weeks ago clown

Umm TOYPAJ release date was the 6th of September and I don't think they've shipped yet. This isn't the EOTS and S/T thread.

Jesus people sure do love to whine don't they?

MTS consistently releases quality products, and is also consistently late shipping those products out. Let's not all act soooo surprised every time it happens. Clearly RJ doesn't have bad intentions, and surely he would like to release his products on time, it's just clear that time management isn't his strong suit. Deal with it.

The only thing I think he could do in the future to save himself some grief is to give updates as soon as possible. I think these people so attached to the estimated ship dates would even be happy with a simple "Not sure when i'm getting the TOYPAJ vinyl from the factory, hearing of possible production delays, we might be looking at a late ship date. I'll keep you updated"

I have a feeling RJ so want's the release to come out on time that he never wants to make a statement saying it will be late because it will be admitting to himself that it won't be on time, and also because he probably doesn't want to get a million snarky responses saying "OMFG ANOTHER MTS DELAY, WHAT A SURPRISE". I can imagine working your ass off to release a product on time, failing to do so and then getting berated for it isn't the most enjoyable thing. It's obviously part of the game, and something he needs to do but I can see why he wouldn't want to.

^I read about 2 sentences of your fucking potboiler and realize the majority of you vindicators are missing the point of why people are upset.

RJ can/should give consistent updates to his customers that have spent a palpable amount of money on his goods, agreed? I like RJ and his work and he doesn't fuck people over like some other vendors on these boards do.

Before you go on a tangent, keep in mind; this isn't the first vinyl purchase the majority of us here have ever made, and-

-WE ARE AWARE DELAYS HAPPEN. GET IT THROUGH YOUR FUCKING SKULLS.

^I read about 2 sentences of your fucking potboiler and realize the majority of you vindicators are missing the point of why people are upset.

RJ can/should give consistent updates to his customers that have spent a palpable amount of money on his goods, agreed? I like RJ and his work and he doesn't fuck people over like some other vendors on these boards do.

Before you go on a tangent, keep in mind; this isn't the first vinyl purchase the majority of us here have ever made, and-

THEN STOP FUCKING COMPLAINING ALREADY, YOU FUCKING IDIOT.

I'm not at all surprised you only read 2 sentences, because if you had read any more you would have seen this-

The only thing I think he could do in the future to save himself some grief is to give updates as soon as possible. I think these people so attached to the estimated ship dates would even be happy with a simple "Not sure when i'm getting the TOYPAJ vinyl from the factory, hearing of possible production delays, we might be looking at a late ship date. I'll keep you updated"

Which is pretty much saying the exact same thing as this-

::)

Maybe before you get your panties in a bunch, and go off on a tangent of your own you should actually read the post you are bitching about?

Sorry mate but I don't think you people whining about the whiners really get it. Consistently doing something unsatisfactory for your customers doesn't make it alright to do, nor does it mean that the customers should stop complaining about it. Eventually when people keep complaining then RJ will probably do something about it, try to rectify the situation.

The people like you that come in here to tell the others to shut up are worst of the lot.

Sorry mate but I don't think you people whining about the whiners really get it. Consistently doing something unsatisfactory for your customers doesn't make it alright to do, nor does it mean that the customers should stop complaining about it. Eventually when people keep complaining then RJ will probably do something about it, try to rectify the situation.

The people like you that come in here to tell the others to shut up are worst of the lot.

Or, and I know this is a completely NEW concept to most of you jackasses...

If you were unhappy with RJ's service and the way he runs his company, you could NOT BUY HIS PRODUCT. That would show him, right? Like it's been said, MTS is consistently offering poor service. Yet, you lot continue to give him money for it and then complain.

Or, and I know this is a completely NEW concept to most of you jackasses...

If you were unhappy with RJ's service and the way he runs his company, you could NOT BUY HIS PRODUCT. That would show him, right? Like it's been said, MTS is consistently offering poor service. Yet, you lot continue to give him money for it and then complain.

We give him money for his product and his service. We're all happy with the product hence why we come back, but the service isn't getting any better. The way to make someone improve something - let them know exactly what is wrong until they understand the whole situation totally - this is called complaining about the service.

I don't even know why people like you bother posting? You have nothing positive or helpful to add to this situation. We aren't going to shut up until the service improves, and it's obvious you just come into these threads to abuse people for trying to get what they deserve. I really don't understand you lot.

[image]

Hahaha, this dude sucks.

Is no one going to bring up the issue that RJ acts like a real butthead when he responds? He cops an attitude like his shit doesn't stink. It's aggravating.

Look at it this way numbersix, nips, and whoever else is defending this guy - have you ever been to a restaurant you loved and gotten shitty service? Say this restaurant is completely original, too. What do you do? Do you sit there and take it, thinking, "Well, the end product is always a full belly, but MAN, do I get bothered by their service?" Now, say you decide to complain and the manager comes in cussing and gives you condescending remarks. It just doesn't make sense.

At the end of the day, those that have given money to RJ have every right to complain, because the fact of the matter is that they paid money to have a product by said date. This happens ALL THE TIME in real business exchanges. If Person A gives Person B the money to fund a project (as is speculated), then that person definitely has a say in how the project is being treated.

May I add, for what it's worth (a few smiting, I'll presume), that the idea of not even having a release date is absolutely preposterous. "Can you please give me 20+ of your hard earned dollars so I can get you a product whenever" just baffles me. 95% of the labels that produce POs have absolutely no problem getting the product to their customers on time. Why is it that time and time again RJ cannot get his orders done on time?

Just got this email. Sounds like it might be a while, but hopefully not.

Hello!

Thank you for ordering blink-182's "Take Off Your Pants And Jacket" LP and/or bonus 7"s on limited edition vinyl. Your support is truly appreciated, and allows us to keep Mightier Than Sword running strong.

I am writing to update you on the status of your order. After searching for the best possible gatefold jacket that will allow us to house the LP and the 3 7"s together, we finally made a decision and everything is in production now. I will be sending an e-mail out next week to keep you updated on the production, and please feel free to e-mail me ([email protected]) directly should you have any questions or concerns regarding your order.

I know that we often miss our release date deadlines with our bigger re-issues, but I can assure you that the time and care that we put into each of these re-issues is well worth the wait and this release will be of the highest quality possible. We take the quality of our releases very seriously, and we think that dedication and attention to detail is reflected in each and every one of our releases.

Thanks so much,

RJ

Is no one going to bring up the issue that RJ acts like a real butthead when he responds? He cops an attitude like his shit doesn't stink. It's aggravating.

Look at it this way numbersix, nips, and whoever else is defending this guy - have you ever been to a restaurant you loved and gotten shitty service? Say this restaurant is completely original, too. What do you do? Do you sit there and take it, thinking, "Well, the end product is always a full belly, but MAN, do I get bothered by their service?" Now, say you decide to complain and the manager comes in cussing and gives you condescending remarks. It just doesn't make sense.

Justified or not, how has the complaining worked out so far? Has it changed anything? It may not make sense, it might not be logical but MTS has constantly shown they cannot deliver a product on time, and eventually the consumer will have to start looking at themselves and ask "why do I continue to pay money for this companies product when I find their service unsatisfactory?"

At the end of the day, those that have given money to RJ have every right to complain, because the fact of the matter is that they paid money to have a product by said date.

They paid money for a product, and are paying the exact same amount as someone who decides to buy after it goes up for public sale. They also have the right to ask for a refund at any time if they decide the product hasn't or wont be arriving on time. Let's stop acting like the guy is holding peoples money hostage.

This happens ALL THE TIME in real business exchanges. If Person A gives Person B the money to fund a project (as is speculated), then that person definitely has a say in how the project is being treated.

and delays happen all the time. You aren't an investor hiring someone to provide you a service by a deadline, you are a consumer buying a product. The only true power you have as a consumer is the money you decide to spend or not spend.

May I add, for what it's worth (a few smiting, I'll presume), that the idea of not even having a release date is absolutely preposterous. "Can you please give me 20+ of your hard earned dollars so I can get you a product whenever" just baffles me. 95% of the labels that produce POs have absolutely no problem getting the product to their customers on time. Why is it that time and time again RJ cannot get his orders done on time?

What other options are there? Clearly the guy has no ability to estimate the time it takes to produce his vinyl, why would you demand him to continue to post a release date?

After searching for the best possible gatefold jacket that will allow us to house the LP and the 3 7"s together, we finally made a decision and everything is in production now.

This does not sound like a delay to me. It sounds like RJ waited until AFTER the pre-order to decide on which jacket to buy. There's absolutely no reason he couldn't have done that before the pre-order.

After searching for the best possible gatefold jacket that will allow us to house the LP and the 3 7"s together, we finally made a decision and everything is in production now.

This does not sound like a delay to me. It sounds like RJ waited until AFTER the pre-order to decide on which jacket to buy. There's absolutely no reason he couldn't have done that before the pre-order.

I remember him posting how they were doing these amazing gatefold/pocketed jackets awhile ago. Guess they didn't quite figure out the logistics of it at the time.