MTS-Blink TOYPAJ

Haha god no that's ridiculous the police wouldn't do anything. True that the BBB aren't a government entity, but enough complaints can get their business license revoked, and hopefully the threat of that will make them get their shit together.

lol at this.

You have to do something illegal to get your business license revoked, running a shitty record label isn't illegal.

I don't understand this thread. And I know this post will get pegged as a "MTS sympathizer" post but the whole situation sucks. He hasn't given an update because there is no update. Complaining each day isn't going to make an update appear out of nowhere. I've done some side deals with him very recently and it was perfect. He isn't a crook. Your money isn't being held hostage you can have it back as many people have gotten theirs back. If you want the record then waiting is the only option. Of course it sucks, of course its bad business but thats how he always runs it and he has been quite vocal about running his labels that way. How can you complain when he openly says in the interviews he post on his facebook that "a few months is nothing compared to the final product" Sucky situation but what does whining every day do?

I don't understand this thread. And I know this post will get pegged as a "MTS sympathizer" post but the whole situation sucks. He hasn't given an update because there is no update. Complaining each day isn't going to make an update appear out of nowhere. I've done some side deals with him very recently and it was perfect. He isn't a crook. Your money isn't being held hostage you can have it back as many people have gotten theirs back. If you want the record then waiting is the only option. Of course it sucks, of course its bad business but thats how he always runs it and he has been quite vocal about running his labels that way. How can you complain when he openly says in the interviews he post on his facebook that "a few months is nothing compared to the final product" Sucky situation but what does whining every day do?

MTS sympathizer!!!

But seriously, it's a message board on the internet, what else do people have to do. Once these get shipped out, I'm sure everyone will forget this mess, praise how awesome the package is and that it was actually worth the wait. I mean, I think it would be weird if people weren't complaining about this. The fact that the record is delayed is one thing, that fact that there seems to be some issues with what RJ tells people and what actually happens is kind of annoying and reason for people to bitch. If RJ would own up to this and just be fucking up front about it, I don't think there would be much to complain about. But the fact that he says one thing, says another and says something else and none of that actually happens is just weak...

Money is not the issue and neither is waiting, although that has been shitty, the problem is the lack of communication. He promises updates and then doesn't deliver, he changes the release date and then says nothing when that passes. And the argument that the packaging or what ever is gonna make up for this is misguided, no matter how nice the record looks the frustration involved with this whole thing makes me, and other people, never want to purchase from the label again. I want to buy from them, they have great stuff, but no matter how amazing the record is it wont make up for this.

The fact that the record is delayed is one thing, that fact that there seems to be some issues with what RJ tells people and what actually happens is kind of annoying and reason for people to bitch. If RJ would own up to this and just be fucking up front about it, I don't think there would be much to complain about. But the fact that he says one thing, says another and says something else and none of that actually happens is just weak...

If it weren't for the 7"s I would probably cancel my order.

On a side note: when MTS put out No Harm Done's "Escape" I contacted RJ in hopes of grabbing a test press to complete my collection. We emailed a few times back and forth, then I never heard anything back from him again. He claimed that he had offers over $100 for them which is probably bullshit considering there are tons of copies left of the album.

Money is not the issue and neither is waiting, although that has been shitty, the problem is the lack of communication. He promises updates and then doesn't deliver, he changes the release date and then says nothing when that passes. And the argument that the packaging or what ever is gonna make up for this is misguided, no matter how nice the record looks the frustration involved with this whole thing makes me, and other people, never want to purchase from the label again. I want to buy from them, they have great stuff, but no matter how amazing the record is it wont make up for this.

Yes I understand, my only point was people knew what he does business wise. especially people here. If people ordered this or any other MTS record an expected it to be on time, thats ridiculous. Its hasn't happened yet, learn from the past. I think its ridiculous to promise one thing and not have it and then to keep doing it over and over again is just a big slap in the face to everyone who supports him. My point was people knew this would happen, and complaining/whining will not come up with an update. Its only going to rush him into making an "update" to please people and it will get missed either because he is lying or because stuff happens. Either way. You'll get the update when there is something to update on. Sucks to wait but if hes openly refunding people its not like hes taking the money and running.

Yes I understand, my only point was people knew what he does business wise. especially people here. If people ordered this or any other MTS record an expected it to be on time, thats ridiculous. Its hasn't happened yet, learn from the past. I think its ridiculous to promise one thing and not have it and then to keep doing it over and over again is just a big slap in the face to everyone who supports him. My point was people knew this would happen, and complaining/whining will not come up with an update. Its only going to rush him into making an "update" to please people and it will get missed either because he is lying or because stuff happens. Either way. You'll get the update when there is something to update on. Sucks to wait but if hes openly refunding people its not like hes taking the money and running.

It's one thing to miss the release date. It's another to miss it by 4 months.

Edit: I've never pressed a record, but I'm fairly confident that if I did I could have it done in less than 4 months. The fact that they didn't even have the jackets picked out before the preorder shows how poorly planned this was.

I think everybody expected this to be delayed, no doubt. But I don't think anybody expected to be on this magnitude and this long. I mean it's like he's constantly trying to top himself with how terrible he can be to his customers. Promises on top of empty promises, no communication - he's never done it on a scale like this before, even when TDARIM was delayed several times.

So let me see if I get this right...

Your argument is that people shouldn't complain about the poor way that MTS does business because those same people should KNOW that MTS does business poorly? By that logic a person shouldn't complain about getting randomly punched in the face if the person who punched them announced that they were going to do it beforehand and they in a sense "knew" it was coming.

In all seriousness, this is the first time I've ever ordered from MTS so I had no idea this is how the release would go. I can't believe how many ways MTS has failed to follow through with updates about this and I've never once thought to myself 'I should have known...shame on me'.

I bought the new Matt Pryor album through his Kickstarter and I paid on June 1. The album just came out, so it took over 6 months to get it. That process wasn't frustrating...in fact, it was fun because he sent out 31 updates over the course of that project. He sent out notes when recording was done, when mixing was being done, when the album art was coming together, etc. With this Blink release, it seems that MTS has used the pre-order purchases to fund the release (again, I didn't know that was going to be the case), but I would have been ok with that if we were simply told that up front and sent some updates about the process (art is finalized, jackets have been pressed, test presses are in, etc.)

This is my first post in this thread so you can see that I personally haven't felt like commenting on the release, but I think anyone that bought this has EVERY right to complain about it.

So let me see if I get this right...

Your argument is that people shouldn't complain about the poor way that MTS does business because those same people should KNOW that MTS does business poorly? By that logic a person shouldn't complain about getting randomly punched in the face if the person who punched them announced that they were going to do it beforehand and they in a sense "knew" it was coming.

In all seriousness, this is the first time I've ever ordered from MTS so I had no idea this is how the release would go. I can't believe how many ways MTS has failed to follow through with updates about this and I've never once thought to myself 'I should have known...shame on me'.

I bought the new Matt Pryor album through his Kickstarter and I paid on June 1. The album just came out, so it took over 6 months to get it. That process wasn't frustrating...in fact, it was fun because he sent out 31 updates over the course of that project. He sent out notes when recording was done, when mixing was being done, when the album art was coming together, etc. With this Blink release, it seems that MTS has used the pre-order purchases to fund the release (again, I didn't know that was going to be the case), but I would have been ok with that if we were simply told that up front and sent some updates about the process (art is finalized, jackets have been pressed, test presses are in, etc.)

This is my first post in this thread so you can see that I personally haven't felt like commenting on the release, but I think anyone that bought this has EVERY right to complain about it.

Totally with you. Never ordered from them before and was stoked on this release cos of the 7"s. I'm used to things getting delayed from various other bands/labels, but I never expected anything like this.

There has to be someone on here beside me who ordered both this and American Dream Records' exquisitely-delayed and never explained Gold Rush. Our lives suck, man.

ADR/MTS should join forces and create a superlabel.

make it LOTR style. RJ can be sauron and joe (or w/e his name is, anamericangod on absolutefail) can be saruman. the alliance of MTSdor and IsengADR

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':odf2vr51]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':odf2vr51]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');