MTS-Blink TOYPAJ

maybe you never actually got charged?

yeah i did, they order was placed outside of my paypal but still tied with paypal so it didnt show up in my history but they found it and put in a claim.

also, paypal just gave me $25 to tide me over, and is still trying to push for the original $44 i lost through placing the order for the 180g package.

basically if enough people call they will do an investigation, go in his account, and refund as many people as possible with the available funds. paypal will also blacklist RJ's social security number so he can never use them again for anything, not even personal reasons or business reasons.

im stoked paypal gave me $25 though guaranteed. i didnt ask for it the rep just said that it was shitty situation and he will give me some money now to help tide things over.

ahhh okay. well that's cool, at least you got a bit of it back.

Whoa.

Let's go back to people claiming Harry Potter and Hunger Games are great literary pieces. Just because they made hugely successful movies out of them and everyone under the sun has read them and they get critical acclaim doesn't mean they're great reads. I'm sure I can blindly pick from any of my bookshelves and find books that are infinitely better developed, well-written, etc.

Just like the Nickelback comparison, just because something is popular and wins awards doesn't mean it's great on its own. It means a lot of people like it. Most people like things that their friends like.

Whoa.

Let's go back to people claiming Harry Potter and Hunger Games are great literary pieces. Just because they made hugely successful movies out of them and everyone under the sun has read them and they get critical acclaim doesn't mean they're great reads. I'm sure I can blindly pick from any of my bookshelves and find books that are infinitely better developed, well-written, etc.

Just like the Nickelback comparison, just because something is popular and wins awards doesn't mean it's great on its own. It means a lot of people like it. Most people like things that their friends like.

The HP books are entertaining, for sure, but they were each about 300 pages too long

I'll also say I never read Hunger Games, so I'm not playing the whole "books are better than movies!" thing, but good god did the Hunger Games movie suck.

Yaarr, spoilers be ahead.

They didn't develop any of the characters well enough for me to care about them, so when the little black girl died, I didn't give a shit at all. The whole point of the story seems to be that this Hunger Games thing is a horrific experience, yet when it came time to demonstrate that, they shook the camera a lot and we saw .2 seconds of child-on-child violence. I'm not saying I want to watch 12 year olds get slaughtered, but if I'm supposed to be horrified by it, I should probably seem something horrifying, right?

It was half-assed at every turn and you could see they wanted to cash in on the PG-13 demographic rather than go big with a R rating and do it justice. They just did things to get it done and cash in rather than make a master-piece. And Peeta can't act, so I was hoping he'd die the whole time. Pissed he's a main character and didn't.

I'll also say I never read Hunger Games, so I'm not playing the whole "books are better than movies!" thing, but good god did the Hunger Games movie suck.

Yaarr, spoilers be ahead.

They didn't develop any of the characters well enough for me to care about them, so when the little black girl died, I didn't give a shit at all. The whole point of the story seems to be that this Hunger Games thing is a horrific experience, yet when it came time to demonstrate that, they shook the camera a lot and we saw .2 seconds of child-on-child violence. I'm not saying I want to watch 12 year olds get slaughtered, but if I'm supposed to be horrified by it, I should probably seem something horrifying, right?

It was half-assed at every turn and you could see they wanted to cash in on the PG-13 demographic rather than go big with a R rating and do it justice. They just did things to get it done and cash in rather than make a master-piece. And Peeta can't act, so I was hoping he'd die the whole time. Pissed he's a main character and didn't.

that's how i felt, they half assed the 3 main aspects - love story, political nineteen eightyfour-ness, and the violence, so when all of them were half asses it didn't work at all. the acting was complete shit and the casting was terrible. it made me not really want to read the rest of the series (i liked the first book) because it was so bad. i dont understand how it got such good reviews.

So, on my third try, I finally made some progress with PayPal.

I thoroughly explained to the representative that I was on the phone with the situation at hand. The conversation was going exactly where the last 2 went, which ended with the representatives telling me that they can't help me because it's over the 45 day policy.

But then I went on to explain to them that I'm not the only one calling about this issue in particular and that some people with the same problem have been guaranteed a minimum of a 25 dollar courtesy refund. She then went on to explain that those refunds are out of courtesy via the individual representatives. So I guess if you get a shitty rep, you're out of luck.

She then went on to explain that I should go through my card holder (Visa) and try to get a full refund of 44 bucks. She said that although PayPal has the 45 day policy for their buyer protection, some banks have buyer protection programs that very from 60 days to 1 year. So I went on to ask her if I could check with them first and if things don't go well, if I can still get that 25 bucks from paypal. She said yeah, so that's where I'm at as of now.

Hope that helps some people out. Good luck!

Pretty sick of RJ's feeling of entitlement to take as long as he wants. Congrats on putting out blink records with nice packaging. I'd never buy any original material from you.

My sense of entitlement? What the fuck are you talking about?

I work my ass off, running 2 labels and a management company and sometimes get over my head and behind on shit.

At the end of the day, MTS releases quality records that nobody ever has any qualms with. We're not some fucking corporate retailer with unlimited funds that does what we pleases with a legion of people working for us. We are two dudes in a room, trying to release the best music possible. So I'm not sure where your head is at, but to think that I feel entitled to not update people because of the releases we have done is way off the map.

That being said, an update will be send via e-mail to those who have pre-ordered the album, and that's that.

:)

The people currently debating character & plot development in Hunger Games understand that it's a series aimed at elementary/middle school age kids, right?

i liked the book, i get that it's aimed at that demographic, but a lot of college aged kids (myself included) liked it. i'm arguing that the movie sucked, and was even more dumbed down than the book. the book had me on edge, and was pretty violent, and descriptive in its violence. the movie was the opposite of that, and as a result as the previous poster said, it was hard to characters died.

The people currently debating character & plot development in Hunger Games understand that it's a series aimed at elementary/middle school age kids, right?

Actually it is a YA book. Young Adult literature is actually targeted for people up to the age 21. My wife who teaches children's and young adult literature set me straight on this same misnomer.

yeah $56.50 for me.

:-/ I've got $130 tied up in this release.

Ordered a red+7s for myself and a yellow+7s for a friend when it was first put up for pre-order in June. Checked the site when RJ was talking about people canceling on FB and nabbed a black 180 gram for half price with the discount in December (I was super stoked as that's what I originally wanted... who didn't?), and then grabbed another copy on yellow+7s for myself because it became available on the site again and... well, it was half off with the discount again and I'd been waiting all this time, might as well take advantage of the discount and get something out of it... I'd probably sell that one and make back what I spent on the first full-price copy, or help someone out in another country who wasn't able to get a copy (or couldn't afford the original price).. I know folks in Australia who'd be keen..

Buuut now I'm just kicking myself for holding out this long. I've been lurking on here... doing my best to skim, as was recommended :P I've tried to hold out, and contacted them for info stating that I just want to know what the hold up is, but no response. Surprise.

At this point, with allllllll of this negative shit really starting to pile up, and them not responding at all, I'm thinking I'll probably try my luck with paypal and then head on over to IC3 and file a claim. The problem with the Paypal protection is that they can't do a whole lot unless there's money in RJ's account or his linked bank account. If he cleared those out, they won't be able to get you your full refund. I've had them issue me a "feel better" $25 before when I got screwed on an eBay sale, and that was all I ever saw. The seller swindled a bunch of people, cleared their accounts and was gone. Boo. I wish you all luck, I wish RJ and crew had planned this better and been WAY more communicative and.... here's to Travis' release!

I vote steal the whole packaging idea with the 7"s and the three different LP colors and charge the same prices MTS was. As long as you don't offer 50% off on them it'll probably work out fine :)

Anyway, I know I'm just preaching to the choir and not supplying any new info or worthwhile insight... I just felt that I needed to share and say, "yeah dudes, me too :'("

Wow, long post. Thanks for listening, guys.