A Day To Remember Beating Up On Girls?

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest errolwest

HAHA SHES A JUGGALO. BECKY IS A JUGGALO. THIS IS AMAZING.

i believe the correct term is "juggalette". haha.

really tempted to post the "he loooka kinda like a man" sketch from mad tv or whatever the fuck that was, but i think that this development is funny enough on its own.

Thought I'd see why this thread keeps getting bumped - I gotta admit, you fellas are making me uncomfortable. She's 18, she's into music with a passion. I don't like what she likes at all but I think it's time to relent a bit. Feel free to make fun of me instead - I'm old, balding and like records too much.

I have no problem laughing at peoples taste in music but I hate when it becomes a commentary on the individual as opposed to the tunes.

Guest errolwest

18 is an adult, and at that age, you should no better than to sign up for an internet message board to dig up a 4 month old thread and tell people they are wrong. im only 20, and even at 18, i could tell you that would be a bad idea. 18 isnt THAT young.

Is it young enough to make an error? She said she wanted to let it go, now folks are mining personal shit to destroy her. Honestly, it's getting way too personal.

I'm going to step out of this thread for good but when shit gets overly personal it can only end badly. I'll make the plea that in this instance that while she was admittedly annoying with that initial post, she really didn't cause any harm to anyone here on a personal level so it shouldn't be taken there with her.

so stop acting like you're listening to radiohead or some shit. this is not supposed to be music like that.

I've never heard of the band that this thread is going on about, but I'm picking this particular nugget out just to ask why folks seem to consistently site Radiohead when pulling to differentiate 'fun' music from music that's supposed to be 'artistic'. They're a pop rock band who integrate more off the beaten path sounds into what is a very traditional structure - why does no one seem to understand that? I'm not hating on them by any means but c'mon - it'd be nice if folks found a better barometer when comparing lighter music and 'difficult' music as opposed to some band that's considered weird because they fold TRULY weird things (20th century avant garde, kraut rock, etc) into their musical vocabulary.

Unfortunately Kriss, most kids have no clue about any of those things you mentioned (avant-garde, Krautrock, etc.). I know I didn't when I was a teenager, so it becomes easy to use Radiohead as an example I would guess. To be honest, I don't care for Radiohead either way...I think they make decent music, but I don't worship them as many seem to. Personally, I would rather listen to John Cage. ;)

so stop acting like you're listening to radiohead or some shit. this is not supposed to be music like that.

I've never heard of the band that this thread is going on about, but I'm picking this particular nugget out just to ask why folks seem to consistently site Radiohead when pulling to differentiate 'fun' music from music that's supposed to be 'artistic'. They're a pop rock band who integrate more off the beaten path sounds into what is a very traditional structure - why does no one seem to understand that? I'm not hating on them by any means but c'mon - it'd be nice if folks found a better barometer when comparing lighter music and 'difficult' music as opposed to some band that's considered weird because they fold TRULY weird things (20th century avant garde, kraut rock, etc) into their musical vocabulary.

Would you prefer they say NAKED CITY? :P

Yeah, it gets ridiculous when people go on someone's Twitter and bully them after they left your message board just because you need someone to make fun of.

All things that I've said about not saying music is shit because you don't like it aside, ICP is shit.

As Jeff said, ADTR doesn't claim to be artistic and intricate. I listen to plenty of artistic and intricate bands. But I also like listening to fun post-hardcore/pop/whatever the fuck you wanna call them. Some people like their music. That honestly won't change. I fucking hate Marilyn Manson and think anything he's ever done is shit, but people still like his music. This thread really just needs to end.

Yeah, it gets ridiculous when people go on someone's Twitter and bully them after they left your message board just because you need someone to make fun of.

All things that I've said about not saying music is shit because you don't like it aside, ICP is shit.

As Jeff said, ADTR doesn't claim to be artistic and intricate. I listen to plenty of artistic and intricate bands. But I also like listening to fun post-hardcore/pop/whatever the fuck you wanna call them. Some people like their music. That honestly won't change. I fucking hate Marilyn Manson and think anything he's ever done is shit, but people still like his music. This thread really just needs to end.

[image]

jk

;)

Also, Portrait of An American Family was a great fuckin' record. 8-)