What books are you reading?

Well I've never Read it and have always heard a lot of people talk about it and stuff so I assumed it was worth reading. Too much hype? Would you suggest I not even bother with it?

I would highly recommend giving it a read.  It reads as a road map through early American culture, race, music and art.  Seriously, though I agree that it is dated, it is highly worth the read. 

I see Ready Player One at every book store I go to. Always been intrigued but never picked it up.

I read it a while ago and liked it a lot.  It's pretty 'I Love the 80s', which I could see being off putting to some, but I dug it.  Probably due to growing up in that decade.

Just started Cormac McCarthy's "Blood Meridian" 

Hope you like being bummed out.  Read that a few months ago and it's bleak.  I liked it more in hindsight than I did while I was reading it.

I finished The Buried Giant last week and thought it was good.  I'm about 20 pages away from finishing Girl in a Band and it's been a fun read.

I read it a while ago and liked it a lot.  It's pretty 'I Love the 80s', which I could see being off putting to some, but I dug it.  Probably due to growing up in that decade.

Hope you like being bummed out.  Read that a few months ago and it's bleak.  I liked it more in hindsight than I did while I was reading it.

I finished The Buried Giant last week and thought it was good.  I'm about 20 pages away from finishing Girl in a Band and it's been a fun read.

I absolutely love McCarthy's ability to paint a picture that comes across as both gorgeous and abysmal at the same time.  Anytime somebody asks what kind of fiction I write, I always tell them to think of McCarthy and rural America.  

Ohhhhh shit I knew this would happen.

My copy of the Familiar shows up tomorrow before 8pm via Amazon. But, I just heard via Reddit that the book store I frequent in NYC has copies for sale already.

Seriously debating a lunchtime trip despite the needless expense. Haha... but.. I mean... I've waited 10 years... surely I can be patient, right?

Anyone need a like new copy of Ubik just let me know. Someone has my copy but I couldn't let this sit and its a cooler looking edition than mine which I might not see again anyways.

i might take you up on that. one of my fav books. i'll need to check if i have a copy or not. i did at one point, but i lent it out and don't know if i ever got it back.

Ohhhhh shit I knew this would happen.

My copy of the Familiar shows up tomorrow before 8pm via Amazon. But, I just heard via Reddit that the book store I frequent in NYC has copies for sale already.

Seriously debating a lunchtime trip despite the needless expense. Haha... but.. I mean... I've waited 10 years... surely I can be patient, right?

My PO from Barnes and Noble hasn't even shipped yet :(

you 100% absolutely need the actual book. it's one of very few books that REQUIRES the physical aspect. And that's not blind fandom talking... it DEPENDS on the physical form.

That book is more than a book. It's a being of it's own. And when you get to a certain part in the book it's jawdropping to be holding the book.