ever meet anybody famous?

tom delonge. it was a friend and I, him and his bodyguard. talked for a good 15-20 minutes. he was high as shit and pretty drunk. this was during his painkiller days. we could see food network playing on his tour bus. at the end of the conversation he said something about how he was going to make a huge sandwich as soon as he got on the bus.

I’ve seen kid rock around a couple times. twice at a bar up north. he’s crazy.

By the way, Joe, I don't know where you get off using the search function to bump this existing thread as opposed to just making a new one.... don't you know how things work around here?

My bad, I'll make a starting line thread in a minute to make up for it. 

I live in LA and work in film so I get to see my fair share of celebrities. Just this last year I got to work with Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Scarlett Johansson, Tony Danza, Anne Hathaway, Channing Tatum, Emily Browning, and quite a few more. Outside of that I do have occasional run-ins and it is always so weird because when you see someone you always have to do a double-take because at first you are like "oh hey there is that person I know," and then you realize that you don't actually know them and the would ahve no idea who you are haha. I'll list a few though...

1. Malin Akerman - Saw her at a small taco restaurant called Yuca's in Los Feliz (east Hollywood area)

2. Kate Mara - saw her jogging around Silverlake Reservoir (she was also dating an actor I worked with and came to visit him on set one day so it's not the first time I have seen her)

3. Hunter Parrish (from Weeds) - Saw him walking around Home Depot with a friend

4. Kirsten Dunst - Saw her at a bar called the Public House in Los Feliz

Went to MegaCon in Orlando this past weekend and met Wil Wheaton, Billy West, Tara Strong, and John DiMaggio. In other years, I've met Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett) and Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca).

Other than that, I hung out with Eve 6 back in 2001. I was a street team member and was invited to a meet and greet.

Oh, and if there are any Kevin Smith/SModCo fans, I got to play Let Us Fuck with Jason Mewes and chatted with Kevin on stage at the Hard Rock Orlando last year.

in the last year, i met charles barkley at a bar and linda mcmahon at an event i was working. i feel like i'm missing another one..

also met underoath in panera one time.

since this thread got bumped i'll share one of the more interesting ones i have. Hulk Hogan literally ran into me when i was a little kid at Disney World. it was back when he starred in that tv show with the boat, Thunder In Paradise.

as you would imagine disney was very crowded when all of the sudden the seas parted in front of me. since i was a little kid i couldnt see what was making everyone clear out and i didn't have enough sense to move with the crowd either. nex thing i see is the hulkster charging at me and he plowed into me knocking me to the ground. i wasnt hurt aside from a scrapped elbow but he felt bad and we got a VIP tour of Epcot out of the deal. got to eat luch with the hulkster, got one of those plush wrestling dolls and one of his bandanas autographed, and a few photos. if i can find the pics i'll post them here. have to go digging through old photo albums.

nobody overtly famous, but i personally know terry rossio and ted elliott (screenwriters: pirates, aladdin, shrek, etc.) and played baseball with freddie freeman of the atlanta braves. i met anthony kiedis at a lakers game.

I live in LA and work in film so I get to see my fair share of celebrities. Just this last year I got to work with Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Scarlett Johansson, Tony Danza, Anne Hathaway, Channing Tatum, Emily Browning, and quite a few more. Outside of that I do have occasional run-ins and it is always so weird because when you see someone you always have to do a double-take because at first you are like "oh hey there is that person I know," and then you realize that you don't actually know them and the would ahve no idea who you are haha. I'll list a few though...

1. Malin Akerman - Saw her at a small taco restaurant called Yuca's in Los Feliz (east Hollywood area)

2. Kate Mara - saw her jogging around Silverlake Reservoir (she was also dating an actor I worked with and came to visit him on set one day so it's not the first time I have seen her)

3. Hunter Parrish (from Weeds) - Saw him walking around Home Depot with a friend

4. Kirsten Dunst - Saw her at a bar called the Public House in Los Feliz

i have a few friends in LA who are PAs and meet actors on the reg. i bet it's cool at first but then you get used to it after a while

Hugh Jackman.  He came outside after one of his shows on Broadway and he gave me a hug.

John Stamos.

Rob Lowe literally walked into me once at Central Park.  My 8th grade self died.

Terry O'Quinn - he played John Locke on Lost.  He's a really nice guy.

An old friend of mine is/was friendly with Shaun White, so I've hungout with him a few times. He's kind of a jerk.

Then I've met a handful of musicians.  My most memorable would have to be the couple times I met Jim Adkins. He's pretty much my favorite. I've met the other guys in JEW as well.

Patrick Stump was a sweetheart when I met him when he was touring in support of Soul Punk.

I can't think of anyone else.

Tons of bands have stayed at my place throughout the years, but a few more notable experiences

-ran into the singer of Buckcherry and kept telling him how great of an actor he was in Salton Sea and the New Guy, told him the music thing wasn't gonna pan out for him so he should keep acting. He invited me out skateboarding.

-written up while working for Hot Topic because I kept referring to the Disturbed as a local band that could practice in my friend's basement if their mom's ever got tired of listening to them "jam"

-flipped off by the singer of Powerman 5000 because I kept asking him "how crazy would it be if, you know, the world would collide and stuff"

-hung out with Chris Cole as he may have been hitting on a co-worker, told him I could help him get the P in the V 

-met Bam Margera and kept referring to his reality show "3rd Rock From the Sun", he was not amused

I don't do well with celebrities 

I accidentally touched Uma Thurman's boob while attempting to tap her on the shoulder at a Juliana Hatfield show.

Hung out with glammy goth group Specimen a few times after shows. They were kooky and cool.

Hung out a bunch of times with Jaimie, bass player for the Cult. We took acid at Knott's Berry Farm after we got kicked out of Magic Mountain. He was a sincerely nice guy. Can't say that about Mr. Astbury.

My dad got me and him front row seats at old Tiger's stadium with the Indians playing. Omar Vizquel came over and talked to us a couple times while in the hole and gave me a ball. Super cool dude.

Rasheed Wallace walked past my table at a restaurant one time.

Met a bunch at comic con, signings, etc. Assuming that doesn't really count. 

And hung with a ton of dudes at shows from my brand of music (Chuck Ragan, TBR Ray, requested songs from Chris from the Lawrence Arms while he was pissing in the urinal next to me). Sure those are nothing special around here also.

Oh this is serious. I only ever talk about the time Bradley from Sublime tried to get me do coke with him on his tour bus when I was 18. I also once chatted with Stanley Tucci for an hour at a party after he came up to me. After we were done talking my friend asked what mr Tucci wanted to tell me. I had no idea who he was. Nice guy.

I work with a good number of celebs, never too exciting. I did drink Heinekens with Fats Domino (his fav) and that was probably my only humbling music interaction.