Smashing Pumpkins

I ordered 2 in separate orders when it first went up, and one of them was cancelled but the other wasn't. I got the re-order/coupon code email for the cancelled one. And then I got another cancellation email for the one that didst originally get cancelled this morning. So, I re-ordered using the coupon code email. Whatever.

http://www.smashingp...e/mcis-reissue/

The official site put up pre-orders this evening - $135 for the CD/DVD box, $75 for the 4xLP. Bonuses are a t-shirt and tote bag.

I do actually quite like the Dover shirt and am considering getting just that - at one point I owned all the MCIS-era t-shirts but have since sold off most of them, only holding on to the ones I got on tour. (Of course, at the time I was into buying shirts really big so I have no use for XL t-shirts anymore, just can't bring myself to get rid of them.) Old habits die hard, yet I also don't need another $22 Smashing Pumpkins shirt hanging in the closet.

Oh thank God. I've listened to a vinyl rip of the vinyl track listing and it bothered me to no end. As I've mentioned before, this album meant a lot to me when I first heard it and I've listened to the CD track listing for years and that's how I like it so to hear this new pressing keeps that, makes me a very happy person. But, to each their own.

so who thinks this deluxe LP version on their site is different than what will be in stores? I am guessing the extra book and the box is the difference?

and if thats $75

a standard 4 LP may be $55 or $60 at the end of the day!

nope, it's the same. the only exclusive boxset they have online is the digital one. with more art. and that costs $75.

I read a review earlier where they talked about how "heavy-handed" the SD and Gish remasters were (in saying that the MCIS were less severe), so I had to bust out Siamese Dream again to revisit it.

The remaster still sounds incredible. The dude who wrote that review must've been high.

People will find anything to complain about. The SD vinyl sounds better than the original because its better quality vinyl. The remaster itself doesn't sound much different. The Gish remaster sounds 10 times better than the original.

I wouldn't consider either heavy handed. Gish was definitely a bit too quiet originally.

http://www.theskinny.co.uk/music/records/303629-the_smashing_pumpkins_mellon_collie_the_infinite_sadness_deluxe_edition

A review of the CD set. My favorite bit is the last paragraph:

"With a DVD of period concert footage, a Mellon Collie decoupage set and a lush book of expanded artwork rounding out the set, it's clear that EMI have pushed the boat out for this reissue – and it comes at a price. Then again, it feels like a perversely Pumpkins-like move to aim the reissue of the band's most commercially successful album so squarely at the hardcore fan."

Spot on.

My record store was telling me they have three different versions listed. One of which is $200. I can't find any information on that one though, but they said they're getting them on December 4th.

theres three versions:

-2CD remaster

-2CD remaster + 3CD bonus tracks + DVD boxset

-4LP remaster

The 6 disc boxset is probably the $200 one.

theres three versions:

-2CD remaster

-2CD remaster + 3CD bonus tracks + DVD boxset

-4LP remaster

The 6 disc boxset is probably the $200 one.

That explains it. They were thinking the three versions were all vinyl, but I'm sure we all would have been aware on here if that were the case.