Drive Soundtrack?

I swear I am having the worst luck with RSD items arriving all bent up.

In addition to this Drive pic LP, my RSD order from Strictly Discs for Phish, Linkin Park and Blind Melon arrived with mashed up corners and a split seam.

You would think by now that record stores would know how to properly ship records?

the lp mailer looked fine though. no idea what happened.

The mailer can be fine but if the LP is rattled around enough INSIDE of it, that can jack the LP. Even a little bit of wiggle room and the right amount of shaking on a USPS truck over a day or 2 can do it.

I've seen some mailers have special corner holders to stabilize the record and they've shown up fine. 

That's why any time I pack a record, I actually take it and shake it a bit (gently, but enough that it would move if it could), and if I hear anything shift in the slightest, I open it back up and pad the record some more.

Anyone who has bought something from me or I've gotten stuff for knows I pack the shit out of those mailers. It's sad when I hear of things coming from Record Stores that don't get the same care. I don't even get things like cardboard stiffeners, or bubble wrap either. Plastic bags, mon frere. Plastic bags. I will be the reason we will run out of room in landfills and our Earth will be a wasteland forever.

people get ready to poop your pants....

I was in Denver this past week and they had about 4 copies, if I remember correctly, of the Drive Pic Disc at Twist and Shout Records. I didn't have the money to spend at the time, but I came home and ordered one yesterday and they just charged my card today, so all should be well. You can call and ask, or just order, but they were right up on the wall. Its 34.99:

http://www.twistandshout.com/searchpage.cfm?categoryID=46&Search=title&searchArtist=DRIVE

I was in Denver this past week and they had about 4 copies, if I remember correctly, of the Drive Pic Disc at Twist and Shout Records. I didn't have the money to spend at the time, but I came home and ordered one yesterday and they just charged my card today, so all should be well. You can call and ask, or just order, but they were right up on the wall. Its 34.99:

http://www.twistandshout.com/searchpage.cfm?categoryID=46&Search=title&searchArtist=DRIVE

Ordered! We'll see what happens...

I just put in an order at this site... if I get notification I'll love you forever?