Drive Soundtrack?

Sell your extra black to rooksbook

My copy from Mondo had split through the inner sleeves during shipping and we could see it was black without opening it, so I traded it in for the pic disc at my local- he had someone waiting for a black, and that way I could try again for pink when he got his supply which came in this week. otherwise I'd be happy to.

I got an email from amazon, 'cause I called and asked them why the fuck this has happened with both poltergeist and now drive and why with this company they can't seem to get their shit together. The email tells me that "The item is available from other sellers on our site. If you'd like to place a new order for the item with a seller after canceling the original order, go to the page below to see the offers available."

What insulting about this is the fact that the lowest price for a copy, one that isn't even a pink copy (or at least you just don't know because it's sealed), is $119.99.

That's just one big fuck you. Love how the email had the gall to ask if it was of any help.

I got an email from amazon, 'cause I called and asked them why the fuck this has happened with both poltergeist and now drive and why with this company they can't seem to get their shit together. The email tells me that "The item is available from other sellers on our site. If you'd like to place a new order for the item with a seller after canceling the original order, go to the page below to see the offers available."

What insulting about this is the fact that the lowest price for a copy, one that isn't even a pink copy (or at least you just don't know because it's sealed), is $119.99.

That's just one big fuck you. Love how the email had the gall to ask if it was of any help.

Same thing happened to me when i called Amazon Monday. I asked them why they kept the pre-order up so long if there was only a limited amount they were getting? Very mis leading, but they don't care. 

I sort of expect websites - especially websites like Amazon who get SO MUCH traffic - to base preorders off of # available instead of "let's just put this up for a month and a half and then change it to "Out of Stock" and then deliver for 1/10 of the people that ordered."

I'm a spiteful consumer though, so, I won't be trusting any Amazon pre-orders anymore since I know they operate the second of the 2 ways listed above. Victory does it the same way.

If I'm going to pay for something and anticipate it for more than a month I sort of expect it to be delivered :/

I knew that would be the response... by "paid for" I don't mean "my card was charged" I mean "I agreed to give money to this company for this object".

Anyway, I'm not legitimately mad about it, just bummed. So, I'm not going to get into a crazy argument about it or anything - I just have expectations of vendors and when those expectations (or hopes) aren't met, then meh.

But as a side note - Is it really likely they didn't know how many they were getting? Their deal with Mondo was "hey - can you send us some of those Drive LPs?" and Mondo said "Yeah sure we'll send some over." And that was it?

I think the policy is ok, there are a lot else they can approve on:

- checking the records before the shipping (splits and/or bent corners). I have received three records (three different orders) in the last 6 months which were moderately damaged. When I received the replacements (three different orders), they were damaged in the exact same places (turns out the whole box of them is already damaged in the warehouse - dropped to the ground or smth). 

- removing the records from the jackets to avoid splits. I understand that speed is their ultimate goal, but if they would make it an option and even charge 1 extra dollar for it, I would pay it.

- double box everything when shipping overseas to Europe (I can pay extra 2 dollars for the box, just to make sure the jacket arrives ok). I have literally hundreds of records from year 2006 to 2012 (all ordered from different amazon sites) which all have some damages from the shipping. Yes, the record mailer they use now, is very good, but it just isnt enough for overseas shipping.

Maybe because it's strangely more expensive than the Mondo direct release and there are ZERO specific details.

Looks like my skepticism of Amazon's ability to fill these orders and my subsequent decision to order from Bullmoose paid off. Buying from an actual record store, who'd a thunk it...

Amazon are too large to care about individual customers though.

It might look like I'm trying to do my best to defend Amazon, but so far I've had nothing but excellent experience with them.

A week ago I received a Steelbook from amazon.ca, it arrived dented, 5 minutes with their live chat and I received a full refund and they said I can keep the movie.

I preordered the Avengers box set on amazon.com last year and the studio screwed up, so it got delayed. As an apology, they sent me a free Blu-Ray copy of Avengers, I only had to pay for shipping.

A certain movie box set I ordered from amazon.de that cost 50 EUR had a misprint on one of the items in it (studio screw-up again, wrong spelling on the wristwatch belt), they refunded everyone who ordered it 20 EUR. They also sent replacement belts with the correct spelling free of charge.

Every single record I've ordered from them arrived absolutely mint, not a single dinged corner. This is due to the mailers they use of course, but they are the best I've ever seen.

All in all, so far I haven't had a single bad experience with any of the amazon sites. For how big of a retailer they are, their customer service is top notch.

It might look like I'm trying to do my best to defend Amazon, but so far I've had nothing but excellent experience with them.

A week ago I received a Steelbook from amazon.ca, it arrived dented, 5 minutes with their live chat and I received a full refund and they said I can keep the movie.

I preordered the Avengers box set on amazon.com last year and the studio screwed up, so it got delayed. As an apology, they sent me a free Blu-Ray copy of Avengers, I only had to pay for shipping.

A certain movie box set I ordered from amazon.de that cost 50 EUR had a misprint on one of the items in it (studio screw-up again, wrong spelling on the wristwatch belt), they refunded everyone who ordered it 20 EUR. They also sent replacement belts with the correct spelling free of charge.

Every single record I've ordered from them arrived absolutely mint, not a single dinged corner. This is due to the mailers they use of course, but they are the best I've ever seen.

All in all, so far I haven't had a single bad experience with any of the amazon sites. For how big of a retailer they are, their customer service is top notch.

Oh I love Amazon, I was just sympathizing with those that didn't get what they ordered.

Funny story about Amazon though: They once shipped me an empty box with just padding inside. After notifying them they then sent a totally different item (pair of headphones... I bought an MP3 player though). After sending the headphones back I finally got the right thing, but what was great was this all happened in less than a week.

Well. I've got bad news, good news and bad news.

I bought another Drive locally, it was black. Bad news for me. Good news is I don't need it to anyone is welcome to it. The bad news is it was a pricey gamble at $33 after tax. I'll ship it for a buck. 34ppd is you want it, that is only $2 over the original cost with shipping from Mondo.