The NEW Dead Format

"The new Dead Format will launch later this month, and we're looking for users to help test it out. There are loads of brand new features - including new ways to maintain your tradelist, a record store database, a mobile-friendly version of the site, and the long-awaited pressing information submissions. Along with the new features there are surely going to be a whole lot of bugs, so if you're interested in trying out the new site and would (hopefully) be able to submit a little feedback, it will definitely help improve the site before the launch."

http://beta.deadformat.net/signup

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The record store database is really too much work for what it's worth. All you have to do is a simple google search to find store near you.

And I figured I could start trying this now. And we wait.

The coolest part about the record store search is that people (like me) are putting what the store specializes in in their listing. That way, since most of us on these boards are into punk/hardcore, we can see what a store carries. While they're a dying breed, there are stores that still exist that don't carry any underground music at all.

A Google search won't give you that kind of information.

• 1 month later...
This is a huge improvement already, I haven't updated my tradelist on there for months because it's so annoying to do.

What did you dislike about it? Prior to DF, I was using Record Nerd where each individual album had to be loaded in one at a time whereas on DF you can put in as many as you want at one time.