Thrice Manchester Orchestra Split Question

I wish more people would be honest and just say "I am buying multiple copies because I plan to flip the shit outta them cuz I know they're gonna be selling like hot cakes and I want to gets paid mad money from collectors who missed out thanks to flippers like me! Byotch!"

I am buying multiple copies because I plan to flip the shit outta them cuz I know they're gonna be selling like hot cakes and I want to gets paid mad money from collectors who missed out thanks to flippers like me! Byotch!

Just kidding. I wish I had no conscience so I could.

so it goes from buying extras for the boards mainly to keep them out of the hands of flippers to buying extras to flip on ebay in a matter of hours just because of the outrageous price. stay classy VC.

Correction, it goes to one person saying that they might sell one one eBay for a reasonable markup :P

If the demand is super high and tones of people here are shafted I'll just eat the high price.

also, is their any reason behind the bloated price besides of selfishness? 15 dollars per track.

They know that a lot of these are going to end up on eBay for way more than $10, or even $30.  They have no way of ensuring these will end up in the hands of their fans who will actually want the music.  I applaud the bands for taking the piss out of flippers and making a few bucks on these for themselves.

I'm still going to try and snag one for myself, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it if I don't get one.

They know that a lot of these are going to end up on eBay for way more than $10, or even $30.  They have no way of ensuring these will end up in the hands of their fans who will actually want the music.  I applaud the bands for taking the piss out of flippers and making a few bucks on these for themselves.

I'm still going to try and snag one for myself, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it if I don't get one.

i do not applaud them at all for this.  all they are doing is making extra bucks from honest people who actually want it.   the people who attend to flip, will still flip.  those people will get their money back plus profit.  

i do not applaud them at all for this.  all they are doing is making extra bucks from honest people who actually want it.   the people who attend to flip, will still flip.  those people will get their money back plus profit.  

Same debate was had in the Third Man Records thread. There are points for each side. It's a difficult issue to tackle. If this were made more affordable, say $15, then flippers would have improved margins and more people could potentially flip since the price is more accessible. With the $30 price tag, it may scare away some potential flippers and lower how much they profit and so people who really want this and actually get it will only have to pay double the reasonable price rather than triple or quadruple or more. Plus the band, who really deserves the money rather than flippers, will be making more money, which I am in full support of. So overall I think it's better to raise the price a little, but that's just my opinion.

Same debate was had in the Third Man Records thread. There are points for each side. It's a difficult issue to tackle. If this were made more affordable, say $15, then flippers would have improved margins and more people could potentially flip since the price is more accessible. With the $30 price tag, it may scare away some potential flippers and lower how much they profit and so people who really want this and actually get it will only have to pay double the reasonable price rather than triple or quadruple or more. Plus the band, who really deserves the money rather than flippers, will be making more money, which I am in full support of. So overall I think it's better to raise the price a little, but that's just my opinion.

i can definitely see side a and side b (see what i did there) but 30 bucks for 2 songs is more than steep.  your limiting potential fans from being able to afford this as well.  i definitely think the bands deserve their money, but just try limiting it to 1 purchase per person.  if 400 get sold and you can only buy 1, you are going to limit how many a flipper can flip. (if a flipper could flip flip)