Thrice Manchester Orchestra Split Question

I'm going to have three computers set up with three different operators and I am going to try to nab two on each order. you'll be on my list!

people are going way overboard with this buying extras for people here. i'm all for helping out people who are a positive force in any online community like these boards and have hooked people up here in the past but at this rate all of them will be bought by people from this board. this place is not the center of the music and/or record collecting universe. i'll never understand what makes people here so entitled and why they hold this message board so high and mighty so that members here are the only ones deserving of having a record.

people are going way overboard with this buying extras for people here. i'm all for helping out people who are a positive force in any online community like these boards and have hooked people up here in the past but at this rate all of them will be bought by people from this board. this place is not the center of the music and/or record collecting universe. i'll never understand what makes people here so entitled and why they hold this message board so high and mighty so that members here are the only ones deserving of having a record.

false.

While you are right, if you read the comments on the band's facebook there are lots of fans that just want this for a collector's item or to frame. I'd much rather it go to somewhere it may be played.

No one feels entitled. No clue where you got this from. It's called a community for a reason. People here want other people in this community to own it since there is such a high demand and low quantity so I don't see how it's a problem that a lot of people want to buy extras to help everyone out. No one is trying to take anything away from the fans out there who aren't on this site. We all know how it feels to miss out on something and be forced to resort to ridiculous ebay prices and either bite the bullet or never own it. So I'm glad people on here care enough about this community that they are willing to front their own money so others won't have to go through the disappointment of missing out on such a cool release.

Yeah, I'm going to do my best to get one. I will try to get one or two more to trade, but we'll see how it goes. Ross and Blanchard, we may be in contact soon. :P If this was Manchester and any other band (that's not Brand New), I wouldn't anticipate such a crazy amount of problems. But no, I get to fight Thrice fans. Sigh.

You're right.  However, I'm treating this situation different for a few reasons (I can't speak for others...):

1. As brought up, many of these will be going to people who will hang it on a wall or put it in a box, but never play it.  While I understand the value of a collectable, I would personally rather see it go to someone who will actually play it.
  2. Given the extremely high demand, and very low supply, a very large percentage of these will end up in the hands of flippers.  I want to do everything I can to cockblock this.
  3. You're assuming everyone who has pipped up will actually be able to make an order.  I figured that MAYBE 1 in 10 will actually be able to order anything.  This is totally going to sell out in like 30 minutes or less.

Given these points if I'm able to make a mass order I will.  Normally I don't like that idea as hoarding, even temporarily, causes bottlenecks in supply and demand.

You're right.  However, I'm treating this situation different for a few reasons (I can't speak for others...):

1. As brought up, many of these will be going to people who will hang it on a wall or put it in a box, but never play it.  While I understand the value of a collectable, I would personally rather see it go to someone who will actually play it.
  2. Given the extremely high demand, and very low supply, a very large percentage of these will end up in the hands of flippers.  I want to do everything I can to cockblock this.
  3. You're assuming everyone who has pipped up will actually be able to make an order.  I figured that MAYBE 1 in 10 will actually be able to order anything.  This is totally going to sell out in like 30 minutes or less.

Given these points if I'm able to make a mass order I will.  Normally I don't like that idea as hoarding, even temporarily, causes bottlenecks in supply and demand.

Well if I get shafted then sell me one :)