Thrice Manchester Orchestra Split Question

i can definitely see side a and side b (see what i did there) but 30 bucks for 2 songs is more than steep.  your limiting potential fans from being able to afford this as well.  i definitely think the bands deserve their money, but just try limiting it to 1 purchase per person.  if 400 get sold and you can only buy 1, you are going to limit how many a flipper can flip. (if a flipper could flip flip)

True. I agree that limiting to one per person would fix the issue pretty much completely. So that is really what should have been done. Even if limited to two that would limit the flipability of it. Oh well. Man Orch is gonna do what they wanna do I guess.

I think the simplest way is to limit one per person. no one here deserves it more than anyone else

This is the ideal, however unless they announce a change before Friday I just tested out their cart system, it let me add the entire remaining stock of an item.  In fact, it makes it easy to do this it actually TELLS you exactly how many are left if you add more than they have :P

Also they pressed a 12" record. It costs the same to do this whether it's 2 songs or 12. So any arguments concerning the number if songs or the amount of play time don't really hold water.

And don't forget that there are 3 bands involved that all need to get paid for their work.

In that case good thing they didn't press a compilation involving everyone on favorite gentleman. Again, their work is 1 cover song each. Not too much time spent.

I'll still be trying to get this. 30 sucks though :-\ I don't know if I'll be picking up many extra copies at that price point but if I do I'll be trying to take advantage of this for a Vday gift haha

I'm in class at that time but I'm still going to try to get it. I've got a white copy of the Devil and God with someone's name on it if I miss out.

Ill probably still pick this up. If I do, for some reason, I'll try and trade it for something cool. Flipping is a last resort, but if I'm paying $80ppd for two records, I'm getting my money's worth. That being said, I don't know if I even will. That's a lot of damn money.

Maybe it has something to do with having to pay No Doubt('s record label)? I dunno. I just think it's insane that I'm gonna be paying half as much for two songs as I did for three RACG albums (four Lps, signed and number, etc).

I blame Thrice fans.

Who knows maybe the $30 price tag is just a placeholder so people know for sure it's going to be up, and they'll change the price to whatever tomorrow when it goes. It could be just to deter those who only want it to flip if they see $37.50 times what ever they want to spend. Who knows only they do at the moment. I hope that it will be cheaper but if not this is the only way to even consider getting it for $37.50. I have a feeling it will be well over $100 on eBay.