THRICE-TAITA2xLP repress RED vinyl pics

I've gotten pissed off when Deathwish's site would crash and Glassjaw's bullshit, but by far this is the worse buying (or lack thereof) experience I've ever had w/ vinyl

I say this and then think about how fucked this pixelated cover is and then feel better about waiting, I know this is about the music and I obviously want to listen to the record, but after doing dozens of vinyl layouts and scanning cd booklets to produce artwork at a high enough resolution for a 12" sleeve I think the pixelated image would drive me fucking nuts.

I've gotten pissed off when Deathwish's site would crash and Glassjaw's bullshit, but by far this is the worse buying (or lack thereof) experience I've ever had w/ vinyl

I say this and then think about how fucked this pixelated cover is and then feel better about waiting, I know this is about the music and I obviously want to listen to the record, but after doing dozens of vinyl layouts and scanning cd booklets to produce artwork at a high enough resolution for a 12" sleeve I think the pixelated image would drive me fucking nuts.

Ultimately though it is about the quality of the pressing though. Either way it sounds like tye HT repress may still have the.pixelated cover.

20 is about the same number that's on ebay. But yeah fuck this. Pressing 1000 copies of a bands fan favorite album when their least popular album sells out /4000 is just nonsense. Hot topic might as well just start shipping most of their shit to the ebay corporate office. And if there's this much bullshit over TAITA I'm looking forward to the repress of Vheissu and the jackasses that follow.

What strikes me as odd (this is NOTHING against Travis so calm down) is that during the whole process no one came out and said something about it.

I mean someone had to have pulled the file, someone had to throw it all together, and send it off to be printed. Someone had to have seen this both at the original place and the place to be printed to jackets. One would think an individual in that whole process would have said hey this doesn't look that great. Or even the printer would have made a comment saying like just so you know the front is really pixelated, do you guys not have a picture with a better resolution or is this how you want it?

Idk I would just like to think someone would have stepped up and said something about it.

(damn there were a lot of someones in that, i could not think of another word to avoid it!)

Before release:

fuckyeah.
can't wait!
Once again, Travis coming in clutch. Well done sir!
YES!!!!

THANK YOU TRAVIS!

After release:

this is pathetic how they are handling it
this is the worse buying (or lack thereof) experience I've ever had w/ vinyl
20 is about the same number that's on ebay. But yeah fuck this. Pressing 1000 copies of a bands fan favorite album when their least popular album sells out /4000 is just nonsense. Hot topic might as well just start shipping most of their shit to the ebay corporate office. And if there's this much bullshit over TAITA I'm looking forward to the repress of Vheissu and the jackasses that follow.

So much swing of emotion on this board.

Before release:
fuckyeah.

After release:

So much swing of emotion on this board.

I still say can't wait, but i got one yesterday morning Should be here tomorrow or so.

Guest tms2787

I was able to get mine yesterday at South Park Mall in Strongsville, OH. I called twice on Monday, once in the mid-afternoon and once three minutes before closing to get mine put on hold. The first girl I spoke with told me that they had six copies of the record, when I went in yesterday to pick up my copy I asked if they had any more left because my best friend in the Air Force wanted a copy if I was able to get it and she said: "Someone called in for the other one." What happened to the other four? Since she didn't say she/they sold them, plus Thrice isn't too popular in the Northeast Ohio-area.

Yes, the cover is annoying but I won't complain because I finally have this on vinyl and only payed retail for it! And if they press this for a third time, I will buy it again!

And I saw someone mention TYP&J HT vinyl, they had a ton of them at that store... was that limited too?

Its unbelievable how big of babies some people are being over this. Youre all lucky Travis even decided to move forward with this repress in the first place. Ultimately its your own fault for not staying up 2 nights ago to get one. Hell ive seen copies available on ht.com 3 different times and i wasnt even looking to buy one 2 of those times. If you REALLY want one, you have to be persistent!

I was able to get mine yesterday at South Park Mall in Strongsville, OH. I called twice on Monday, once in the mid-afternoon and once three minutes before closing to get mine put on hold. The first girl I spoke with told me that they had six copies of the record, when I went in yesterday to pick up my copy I asked if they had any more left because my best friend in the Air Force wanted a copy if I was able to get it and she said: "Someone called in for the other one." What happened to the other four? Since she didn't say she/they sold them, plus Thrice isn't too popular in the Northeast Ohio-area.

Yes, the cover is annoying but I won't complain because I finally have this on vinyl and only payed retail for it! And if they press this for a third time, I will buy it again!

And I saw someone mention TYP&J HT vinyl, they had a ton of them at that store... was that limited too?

/500

Its unbelievable how big of babies some people are being over this. Youre all lucky Travis even decided to move forward with this repress in the first place. Ultimately its your own fault for not staying up 2 nights ago to get one. Hell ive seen copies available on ht.com 3 different times and i wasnt even looking to buy one 2 of those times. If you REALLY want one, you have to be persistent!

Some people have lives...

And I would like to point out this is getting repressed. AGAIN.

Seriously. I understand it's kind of frustrating, but a lot of people are being straight babies. You'll get a copy. It's not gonna be hard to get. If it goes "out of print," they'll make another run. And if this was any easier, I'd bet the two copies I bought (that's right) that MOST people wouldn't be clamoring over it in the way that they currently are. How long did Illusion of Safety sit around? The Alchemy Index? And now because you can't get it, people have to have it. If Travis had gotten approval for a pressing out of 5000, it would be around for quite some time, and that's not something HT wants. So keep pressing /1000, they keep making money (which allows for the licensing of more copies), and you guys (eventually) will get your record at a reasonable cost, as opposed to $50+ on eBay. Seems like a pretty solid system to me.

Edit: And don't you throw that variant completionist shit out at me. To me, that mentality has never made sense :D:D;)